The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I kind of agree with that. I was a little worried that it seemed that things really came together with Houllier was away, and Gary Mac took charge, though.

Gary Mac seemed to follow on with Houllier's ideas. Part of me still thinks Houllier could have gone upstairs and Gary Mac could have followed on the season after. Instead we got McLeish :blink:

• Like 4

I kind of agree with that. I was a little worried that it seemed that things really came together with Houllier was away, and Gary Mac took charge, though.

Gary Mac seemed to follow on with Houllier's ideas. Part of me still thinks Houllier could have gone upstairs and Gary Mac could have followed on the season after. Instead we got McLeish :blink:

French style to Dutch philosophy is a big step

• Like 2

I think Sherwood just has to go for it now, 4-2-3-1

Guzan,Hutton,Richards,Clark,Amavi,Gana,Sanchez,Gil,Traore,Grealish,Ayew and see what happens.  Change Sanchez for Veretout after 60 mins when he is blowing out his arse and maybe bring Gestede on for the last 15 if he needs to change the game and get the ball in the middle. I dont think we have a better option.

• Like 2

why is it now assumed Sunderland are safe? Their squad is absolutely horrendous.

because they have Super Sam Allardyce the genius event though he wasnt good enough for West Ham, Blackburn or Newcastle

• Like 3

why is it now assumed Sunderland are safe? Their squad is absolutely horrendous.

because they have Super Sam Allardyce the genius event though he wasnt good enough for West Ham, Blackburn or Newcastle

Did he ever take any of them down?

Didn't think so.

• Like 1

did you mean Bolton.....I don't remember him managing Blackburn

Edited by TRO

I'd take 12th.

did you mean Bolton.....I don't remember him managing Blackburn

He had 3 seasons at Blackburn, was manager there after Newcastle

Edited by KHV

Dick Advocaat isn't the worst Manager, if he can't get Sunderland competing I'm not sure why it's presumed that Sam Allardyce, suddenly will. And this Sunderland squad will probably be one of the weakest he's managed.

I really don't think Allardyce can do much with the Sunderland squad that Advocaat hasn't done. I do expect him to make a good start with them though, to begin with the crowd will be behind him and that will play a big part, but eventually, they'll just revert their old selves.

Edited by useless

But again, useless, the problem isn't Sunderland. The problem is that now we won't get him to see if he could do anything here. They may very well go down by being insurmountably shite, but they've taken him off the market :(

Good, glad he's gone to Sunderland.

We don't need him, the pieces will come together and we will creep back up the table. Keep the faith.

its not about sunderland though, sunderland have acted & changed it, if they drop they have no regrets  as sam is proven,the teams who have come up are simply more stable & possibly better run, than villa 2015-16. that will be villa undoing this year,

In my opinion that's a good thing, as I don't think his style of football would suit our squad. In fact I think it would have been an incredibly regressive appointment (well not in relation to Sherwood but the overall situation).

Â