The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Few highlights from Tim’s interview on AVTV. (Just typed most interesting bits)

"We have to clear our minds.  You obviously have to take note of where you made the mistakes and try and learn from it and work on it during training sessions, but really that is in the past and you have to move on; we have got a lot of big games coming up and we owe it to everyone to perform like we did there for 70mins against Leicester."

"Tiago is not ready. He’s a young lad who has played in the U21 championships and he’s played his first 90mins since then so it is probably a bit early for him to start coming into the reckoning, but Crespo is certainly going in the right direction.  Carlos hasn’t trained yet because he’s still a little bit sore, so we’ll just have to assess him, hopefully he makes it.   Adama Traoré has not been training yet. Hopefully we can build him up as quickly as possible and get him on the field and taking part."

"West Brom are very organised under Tony.  Hard to beat.  They get a lot of people behind the ball.  We know we are going to dominate the game.  It’s if we take our chances and don’t give sloppy goals away, that’s the idea and if we execute our gameplan we will come away with a win……Having people behind the ball doesn’t guarantee you win football matches, otherwise nobody would beat Barcelona!  It’s about us taking our chances.  If we take them then they have to change their game plan and we have to see if they have another one."

"I think our fans are fantastic every game we play.  We recognise in the dressing room that it is a special day for them to play in a derby and if there is any more effort we can give then we will be giving it."

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

"We have to clear our minds.  You obviously have to take note of where you made the mistakes and try and learn from it and work on it during training sessions, but really that is in the past and you have to move on; we have got a lot of big games coming up and we owe it to everyone to perform like we did there for 70mins against Leicester."

"Tiago is not ready. He’s a young lad who has played in the U21 championships and he’s played his first 90mins since then so it is probably a bit early for him to start coming into the reckoning, but Crespo is certainly going in the right direction.  Carlos hasn’t trained yet because he’s still a little bit sore, so we’ll just have to assess him, hopefully he makes it.   Adama Traoré has not been training yet. Hopefully we can build him up as quickly as possible and get him on the field and taking part."

"West Brom are very organised under Tony.  Hard to beat.  They get a lot of people behind the ball.  We know we are going to dominate the game.  It’s if we take our chances and don’t give sloppy goals away, that’s the idea and if we execute our gameplan we will come away with a win……Having people behind the ball doesn’t guarantee you win football matches, otherwise nobody would beat Barcelona!  It’s about us taking our chances.  If we take them then they have to change their game plan and we have to see if they have another one."

"I think our fans are fantastic every game we play.  We recognise in the dressing room that it is a special day for them to play in a derby and if there is any more effort we can give then we will be giving it."

Ahhh... Tim just always melts me. Ok Tim, you get another chance to put things right.

Ahhh... Tim just always melts me. Ok Tim, you get another chance to put things right.

I am one of Tim's biggest fans but this is no longer enough for me. HE has to learn from HIS mistakes. The lads did fine on the weekend until he messed it all up.

Lambert was given 2 and a half seasons of grace period before the majority turned on him.  Just because Sherwood came across as a bit of a cockney wideboy, people are too quick to judge him. I didn't want him at first as I thought the same but he's done enough good for us to give him plenty of leeway. Sure criticise his mistakes but don't over do it.

Not sure what is "reactionary" over calling him Tactics Tim when he is doing himself no favours to get rid of the tag which I may add he had before he even got his foot in here. Oh well. My other point (which by the way I made earlier too) is just because Lambert got so much time doesn't mean Sherwood should either; I'm a firm believer the club needs to learn from it's mistakes not continue them and one of them was giving Lambert far too much time in the job. Now before you all claim I want him sacked immediately that isn't the case, however, I want to see an improvement from him immediately as we are dropping points because of HIS decisions.

• Like 2

There was an arsenal fan who rang up talksport last night and was putting his case forward for Tim to replace wenger as the new arsenal manager. Quite amusing to listen to him, even more amusing to listen to the disbelief in the presenters voice when he realised he was actually being serious.

He still has fans somewhere it seems!

The overreactions have been ramped up to farcical levels recently. Some people wanting Sherwood sacked. Absurd!

Yes ... we're now deep into the Reaction to the Over-Reaction Stage. Soon, the original Over-Reactors will begin sniping at the Reactors to the Over-Reactors. I got your back!

Â