The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Fantastic job in keeping us up, but the cup final and Burnley game gave us a glimpse of what might happen.

Kept us up.

Taking us down. And wasted the one chance we had to spend money on some very, very average players. 

It's a good job it's hard to actually give a **** about it anymore because it'd be miserable if you did.

Worst start to the season for 29 years?  Jesus.

We haven't replaced Benteke at all which is a worry.  I actually think we're not bad generally, but teams will continue to sit deep and we have no answer to it.  We controlled the ball against the Baggies today but, ultimately, did nothing with it.  Our main threat seems to be from Agbonlahor/Traore hitting the by-line and pulling the ball back.

I think we're good enough to stay up, but this is a goal crisis that we don't have Benteke to bail us out of.

Oh, and P.S: our "easy" start to the season has now ended :(

Fantastic job in keeping us up, but the cup final and Burnley game gave us a glimpse of what might happen.

Kept us up.

Taking us down. And wasted the one chance we had to spend money on some very, very average players. 

It's a good job it's hard to actually give a **** about it anymore because it'd be miserable if you did.

How you can judge all of the signings after only 6 league games is beyond me.

Pathetic.

He looks lost just like lambert!! really scary.

What worries me is that temporary form aside, things seem to stay the same regardless of the manager. The entire club is rotten from top to bottom.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Kept us up.

Pathetic.

We needed players who could get up and running straight away. That's where the waste is, chap.

It's the lack of enthusiasm from him or the players that's done it for me. No-one looking like they have any confidence. I was annoyed by the result last week, but what was more frightening was that he basically had a meltdown in his post-match interview, he looked like he either had been crying or was about to start. Then during the week he claims that this match and Birmingham were 'the two most important matches in the future of this football club'. Finally we get to the weekend, and it's a pathetic, limp performance with more baffling substitutions and no reaction from the bench. 

He's lost me. Allardyce, fine. Rowett, fine. Sherwood - I'm out. 

I got a lot of stick for suggesting Allardyce a few pages back.

The fact is this is our most important season under Lerner. Missing out on the substantial TV revenue would devastate this club. Allardyce at least gives us a fighting chance. Sherwood is the Del Boy of the Premier League.

• Like 1

The worst thing about today is not necessarily the result but the manner of the result. We have been played off the park by a WBA side managed by Tony Pulis. 

Truly shocking. Gastede looks like a poor man's Heskey, Ayew can't get a look in such is his lack of any sort of ability and Veretout was lucky to get 10mins. Add to that the shambolic use of his substitution's and I'm starting to worry. 

The way Sherwood sat down and looked very lost was worrying. No jumping up and down, just like a schoolboy who was in detention - and this is after his 'schoolboy told off' interview last week. Worrying. I think he is losing belief in himself.

• Like 2

Kept us up.

Pathetic.

We needed players who could get up and running straight away. That's where the waste is, chap.

But it's not like we've had to buy 2 players and slot them in - this is almost an entirely new squad.

I get your point, but I don't think that's even remotely realistic on the scale we've changed things.

Sherwood is a charlatan.

He's not a PL manager on merit, he's only where he is because he was a talented player.

Didn't wan't him here, wrong type of manager yet again. 

We need a tactician, not a cocky stubborn former player who blames the players without giving them the tools (tactics) to succeed 

• Like 3

He looks lost just like lambert!! really scary.

What worries me is that temporary form aside, things seem to stay the same regardless of the manager. The entire club is rotten from top to bottom.

The reason is not too far from my post in the identity thread.

No backbone, no leadership and no mental toughness.

Absolutely full of bottlers.

I mean tim banged on about having winners. Crikey, remove Alan shearer from his career and his trophies aren't worth shouting about.

Edited by Woodytom

Well he said "We wont be in this postion again" guess what we are and we will be if he don't wake up and change this.

Really worries me that we are seeing the same things that we saw under lambert.

It looks like the villa job is just too much for people to take it on and get it right.

Â