The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Woke with a strange feeling today.

Finally realised its because I am actually looking forward to an FACup Semi final !!

Its great to be one of 4 teams left.

Its great we could finally win the thing.

Its great that there is at least a reasonable chance we could play well.

Its great we could knock Gerrardpool out.

Its great that it doesn't matter ( as opposed to all the relegation stuff).

Haven't felt like it too often in the last how ever many years.

So for me with our improved league position and performances together with all that I think Sherwood has already earnt - at least - total support for this season and some of next.

I couldn't care less about Steven Gerrard. If Villa get through I'll be happy, if we lose I'll be sad.

I'm hoping he continues his sterling work of the last two years in important games for Liverpool.  He ruined their title push last year, and their top 4 hopes this.  He just needs the FA Cup for a personal treble of cock ups.

That would just be absolutely fantastic

I couldn't care less about Steven Gerrard. If Villa get through I'll be happy, if we lose I'll be sad.

I'm hoping he continues his sterling work of the last two years in important games for Liverpool.  He ruined their title push last year, and their top 4 hopes this.  He just needs the FA Cup for a personal treble of cock ups.

Quite incredible that it has happened that way so far.  The treble would be amazing.

I'm hoping he continues his sterling work of the last two years in important games for Liverpool. He ruined their title push last year, and their top 4 hopes this. He just needs the FA Cup for a personal treble of cock ups.

I think I might shed a tear of joy if that were to happen.

I'm starting to think some are more excited about the prospect of Liverpool losing than they are of Villa making the final. It's not even as if they're our local rivals or anything. I'm sure if they get through they won't give a damn about Delph being heart broken or whoever else. I must say I find a lot of this boards obsession with them quite bizarre.

• Like 1

Almost equal for me, of course seeing the villa win pips all else. But seeing liverplop lose is right up there.

Probably an age demographic, a lot of current fans an 80s(ish) child? Had to live amongst a lot of liverplop fans, and they have been shit for years...but today's liverplop fan goes on like they're owed something because they were once good.

They're the worst for it, and they get everything they deserve...I laugh a little louder when they lose.

I'm starting to think some are more excited about the prospect of Liverpool losing than they are of Villa making the final. It's not even as if they're our local rivals or anything. I'm sure if they get through they won't give a damn about Delph being heart broken or whoever else. I must say I find a lot of this boards obsession with them quite bizarre.

When you've got a class of pundits and ex-players carpet-bombing the media with tales of how everyone secretly loves that most magical of clubs it's only natural people are going to kick back. Some football fans probably do hope Gerrard gets to lift the cup on his birthday because he "deserves" it. Most neutrals though will have at least one memory of him cheating, diving or reffing the game against their team, and no amount of cack from the media is going to change that.

It won't just be Villa fans hoping he ruins his own chances, believe me.

• Like 2

When you've got a class of pundits and ex-players carpet-bombing the media with tales of how everyone secretly loves that most magical of clubs it's only natural people are going to kick back. Some football fans probably do hope Gerrard gets to lift the cup on his birthday because he "deserves" it. Most neutrals though will have at least one memory of him cheating, diving or reffing the game against their team, and no amount of cack from the media is going to change that.

It won't just be Villa fans hoping he ruins his own chances, believe me.

It was like all the neutrals who like English football were broken when he lost them the title last year. Come to think of it I havent met anybody who didnt think it was hilarious

• Like 2

Â