The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Watching the game it was strange, even when we kept going behind you just knew we were not going to loose, just did not get that feeling, thoroughly entertaining, Tim put out a team to score goals maybe because of the lack of them this year and the need for a few layers to start scoring. I have never seen so many chances in a match so he got it right, the fact we missed so many is not down to him, we could of had 12 - 13 on another day.

• Like 1

that was still an awful line up.

yet another game where we have severely struggled when in reality, it should of been a walk in the park (no pun intended)

if we are going to struggle against smaller teams then we have no hope against teams who are on par with us, and as for teams superior to us, well, our lads might as well go play golf and concede the 3 point.

however maybe im being harsh, it is of course the beginning of the season and we have a new manager with new ideas with a new squad...

Rubbish - cup games are notorious for the 'smaller' teams to up their game - nothing to lose mentality. Walk in the park? - try telling that to Stoke - taken to Penalties and Sunderland 3-3 against a walk in the park Exeter - came out on top and scored just ONE goal more than us. Wolves (a big club) lost to Barnet!

We had to work for it (like all the other teams) - however we have a NEW team with 9 not having played much this season. 

• Like 1

so 2 derbies in 5 days, not sure if thats actually a good thing for the squad

probably not for the police anyway :P

Well the last time we had this we won both against the Boggies - so bring it on!

Played 4, won 2, lost 2, 50% win ratio.

Out of sheer interest (and nothing else), do games like yesterday actually be recorded in records as a win. Of course we won the game but just wondered if because it went to extra time it actually goes down like a draw - like with betting?

Is it still to early to judge?

Look how eager you were, didn't even let the game finish before you came out with this :lol: .

Well a 5-3 extra time win over Notts County at home doesn't ease the fears I have over TS.

I don't need anymore time to know that that team selection was beyond ridiculous.

Last night he got away with it, but his decision making towards games has been poor imo.

• Like 1

No, it isn't too early to judge.

I was going to leave judging our new manager until the New Year but, unless he learns and learns very quickly what tactics are, that formations only work when you use the right personnel in the right positions and that formations and tactics can be changed before the 70th minute, he will succeed in doing what McLeish and Lambert, failed to do and that is relegate us.

But he won the game, so clearly they were the right decisions? Just because you don't personally agree with his lineup doesn't mean he was wrong. Objectively speaking, we are in the next round of the cup and that's all that matters at the end of the day. 

Look how eager you were, didn't even let the game finish before you came out with this :lol: .
Well a 5-3 extra time win over Notts County at home doesn't ease the fears I have over TS.

I don't need anymore time to know that that team selection was beyond ridiculous.

Last night he got away with it, but his decision making towards games has been poor imo.

Did you go last night? Because was no way to watch it otherwise.

• Like 2

Did you go last night? Because was no way to watch it otherwise.

No. Not sure what that has to do with it.

I dont need to go to know he pushed his luck with the lineup with some utterly bizarre chances.

Go back to early yesterday in the match thread. All I ask for us to do was no **** about, and just win the game comfortably.

Yeah he won the game. Can't argue and I'm delighted. But I wasn't impressed with the approach to the game.

No he won't pick that team everyday but I've not been impressed with his approach to a lot of the games.

It's like he feels his cockyness will get him through.

We won, we created lots of chances and it was entertaining.

But Tim doesn't know what he is doing and is naive and clueless about football and tactics. Look how well we have performed against lower league opposition in recent years, the games against Orient, Sheffield United and Bradford spring to mind as particular highlights, oh hang on.........

Sherwood out!

• Like 1

A win's a win. Players needed game time and fitness, and it was to see players like Traore starting. The fact that we created a lot of chances will hopefully give the squad some much needed confidence and a boost going into the game against Sunderland.

Had you watched the game (and that's not a dig, I'm just saying it's hard to explain without seeing it) you'd see that in a funny way it was quite comfortable.

Their goals came from nothing and it never once felt like we were going to lose the game. Just that we'd had a setback.

Again, I've been a Sherwood critic in the past so if there was any reason to have a go at him I'd probably take it. But last night was fine. 

Woody, yesterday you were moaning that we were boring. Last night we were very exciting. You basically got your wish.

• Like 3

Woody, yesterday you were moaning that we were boring. Last night we were very exciting. You basically got your wish.

This is it really.

never happy.

Edited by StefanAVFC

To me the fact that we won after replacing 9 or so players from the previous game's starting 11 and still won speaks huge volumes for the increased depth Sherwood had built into our squad.

Such an exercise 12 or 18 months ago would have been disastrous.

To me the fact that we won after replacing 9 or so players from the previous game's starting 11 and still won speaks huge volumes for the increased depth Sherwood had built into our squad.

Such an exercise 12 or 18 months ago would have been disastrous.

VILLA 0-1 LEYTON ORIENT

31 Given

21 Hutton

18 Richardson

24 Sánchez

14 Senderos

02 Baker

07 Bacuna

15 Westwood

19 Bent

12 Cole (Weimann - 62' )

40 Grealish