The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

It's tough balance though. A lot of those players need to play and this competition against a lower league team is a good chance for that to happen. It's a bit of a gamble but its paid off. It's certainly not a clueless decision though, in fact I'd say it was well thought out.

And he's been proven right. Players that need it get the time and we get the win. No problem.

• Like 1

It's tough balance though. A lot of those players need to play and this competition against a lower league team is a good chance for that to happen. It's a bit of a gamble but its paid off. It's certainly not a clueless decision though, in fact I'd say it was well thought out.

And he's been proven right. Players that need it get the time and we get the win. No problem.

The game time will certainly help

If it wasn't for Bunn giving that pen away we'd have run out 3-1 or 4-1 winners I reckon.

You should have seen the match thread... On second thoughts...

Thanks for your analysis on the previous page. Much helpful. I didn't even have Jack, only the foaming VT masses to guide me through what was going on and I was told we were shit. Worst performance evs.

Of course, none of them were watching it either. No doubt it will be used as a stick to beat with over the next few days.

• Like 2

If it wasn't for Bunn giving that pen away we'd have run out 3-1 or 4-1 winners I reckon.

Thanks for your analysis on the previous page. Much helpful. I didn't even have Jack, only the foaming VT masses to guide me through what was going on and I was told we were shit. Worst performance evs.

Of course, none of them were watching it either. No doubt it will be used as a stick to beat with over the next few days.

The worst part of the performance was the frustration going forward. With Ayew up top it just kind of died when the ball got to him.

Once Kozak came on it flowed much better. NOt necessarily all down to him, the players had clicked a bit more by then too.

IN the ground I honestly didn't feel defending was an issue. Like I said, their second and third goals were freak goals really. Outside of that we were fairly solid. Sanchez had a great game.

• Like 2

Have to admit, reading Ben's review was nice. I trust his thoughts as he is consistent and also had similar Tim worries to me. So to me that report means a lot for how the club is moving forwards.

The worst part of the performance was the frustration going forward. With Ayew up top it just kind of died when the ball got to him.

Once Kozak came on it flowed much better. NOt necessarily all down to him, the players had clicked a bit more by then too.

IN the ground I honestly didn't feel defending was an issue. Like I said, their second and third goals were freak goals really. Outside of that we were fairly solid. Sanchez had a great game.

I think if shows we need someone like lescott when Sanchez is our best defender. And that's not a dig at him, he was superb.

• Like 2

just like in the post match thread, stevo has got it bang on,

i thought we were the better team throughout, and i didnt think we were being cut open with regularity. did they have chances? yes, but that happens, especially in cup games.

The first 2 goals were entirely of our own making - 1st one hutton pissing about and loses it 30 yards out, but still from there it takes a deflected strike, 2nd was bunn making a crazy decision. 3rd was a wonder strike.

we created way more and should have scored at least another 2. i did like how even when we kept going behind we didnt let it effect us and immediately upped the tempo, after their 3rd we really turned the screw, hence why county were so tired going into extra time and we finished it off easily.

• Like 1

Haha so many so desperate to jump on him. He sent out a line up that we will never see in an important game, he gave minutes and chances to those that needed it. He sent a team out to out score the opposition and we did. Save it till next time.

Totally agree with this. I've been critical of Sherwood when I thought it was warranted (eg. lack of subs and game management against Palace) but he got it totally right tonight. Picked an exciting, lively eleven that gave game time to exactly those players who needed it. The scoreline massively flattered them, we were in complete control and it was a very entertaining game. Stevo's analysis above is also spot-on. 

Haha so many so desperate to jump on him. He sent out a line up that we will never see in an important game, he gave minutes and chances to those that needed it. He sent a team out to out score the opposition and we did. Save it till next time.

Remember when you got mad cos you felt you weren't allowed to criticise Lambert?

Yeah, that.

Not after such a short time though.

Too much of the criticism he gets is people searching for opportunities to justify the prejudices they had before he came.

Firstly this ' tactics tim' rubbish as if he isn't at least aware of all the different possible tactics as any of you.

Secondly the ' substitutes' nonsense.......every single club, every one, bar none, will have some fans after every game saying such and such a player sholud have come on or so and so be dropped. Should realise that because someone thinks it doesn't make everyone think it and doesn't make the Manager an idiot.

You might prefer different tactics, line ups or substitutes, fine, argue that, but this undercurrent that somehow he is clueless is baseless, ( and oddly identical to the criticism of some Spurs fans based on his dozen or so games there, almost as if it was simply being repeated parrot fashion ?) . Not only is it baseless, it is really quite embarrassing.

Take tonight.

Disagree with the players, the system, the formation, whatever.

But don't suggest it's because he doesn't know what he was doing, because honestly, do you not think that between him, Wilkins, and the rest, they didn't spot the same possible drawbacks some of you did ?

That's what's so narking.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

Very very concerning . Ray Wilkins needs to interject

Don't be ridiculous.

The day the assistant manager tries to exert authority over the manager is the day he should be sacked.

we have different understanding over the word interject Dave. Did I say exert authority?

What does an assistant do then? See when he was brought in people were lauding it as a master stroke that he should come in to help the inexperienced sherwood , so you suggesting he should be sacked for helping him? No course not. Am I suggesting he should exert authority? Course not, what I'm saying is he should, Imo, have been helping a bit more last night as some of the decisions, esp team selection , looked a bit weird.

Very very concerning . Ray Wilkins needs to interject

Don't be ridiculous.

The day the assistant manager tries to exert authority over the manager is the day he should be sacked.

we have different understanding over the word interject Dave. Did I say exert authority?

What does an assistant do then? See when he was brought in people were lauding it as a master stroke that he should come in to help the inexperienced sherwood , so you suggesting he should be sacked for helping him? No course not. Am I suggesting he should exert authority? Course not, what I'm saying is he should, Imo, have been helping a bit more last night as some of the decisions, esp team selection , looked a bit weird.

So what are you saying, that you have inside knowledge that Wilkins had no input or his input was ignored? That's some leap. Either way, to interject is to be forceful with ones opinion. There's only one boss at the club...

I take it, like myself, you didn't go? Because the reports coming back from the game are entirely different to the shit that was spouted on here during it.

• Like 2

that was still an awful line up.

yet another game where we have severely struggled when in reality, it should of been a walk in the park (no pun intended)

if we are going to struggle against smaller teams then we have no hope against teams who are on par with us, and as for teams superior to us, well, our lads might as well go play golf and concede the 3 point.

however maybe im being harsh, it is of course the beginning of the season and we have a new manager with new ideas with a new squad...

Â