The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

i do wonder what peoples expectations were after the first 3 games. How many points were you realistically thinking we were going to get with basically a whole new team? 3 points from 3 seem fine to me. 4 would have been perfect but palace are really good now and one mistake in defence changed that...

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 2

i do wonder what peoples expectations were after the first 3 games. How many points were you realistically thinking we were going to get with basically a whole new team? 3 points from 3 seem fine to me. 4 would have been perfect but palace are really good now and one mistake in defence changed that...

It's not just about the final scores, it's more about what goes on in the actual games. Why didn't he sub Gabby and Bacuna in the palace game? We had adequate replacements on the bench. Why not bring on kozak vs united and change the tactics Cus we lost without a fight in the end and offered nothing.? Why put out a disjointed side tonight?

Haha so many so desperate to jump on him. He sent out a line up that we will never see in an important game, he gave minutes and chances to those that needed it. He sent a team out to out score the opposition and we did. Save it till next time.

I don't think it's jumping on him but there have been some concerning signs so far this season. However, it's obvious where our weaknesses are so hopefully Sherwood is given the resources to finish fixing the squad before next tuesday.

Haha so many so desperate to jump on him. He sent out a line up that we will never see in an important game, he gave minutes and chances to those that needed it. He sent a team out to out score the opposition and we did. Save it till next time.

Remember when you got mad cos you felt you weren't allowed to criticise Lambert?

Yeah, that.

What was the formation tonight?

Saw the lineup and it looked like a 4-1-5?

He makes some silly decisions. I hope he improves. I maintain we're not far off, just need more edge in attack.

• Like 1

He admitted that he knew we would be open but the boys he picked needed the game time. Thought we would have enough anyway.

We did.

I'm hoping we can bring in some defensive cover, so we can play those who need it but also have good options. Not having options on the bench was odd tbh.

He admitted that he knew we would be open but the boys he picked needed the game time. Thought we would have enough anyway.

We did.

I'm hoping we can bring in some defensive cover, so we can play those who need it but also have good options. Not having options on the bench was odd tbh.

I think Lescott is nailed on personally, it's just a matter of time.

I would guess he'd already decided that the likes of Gana and Westwood, Richards etc were not going to play no matter what. I'm not defending the decision as such, I thought he'd gone barmy when I saw the lineup, but I can understand the logic and I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing it Saturday!

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Remember when you got mad cos you felt you weren't allowed to criticise Lambert?

Yeah, that.

The criticism is a joke though, people calling him clueless and tactics tim like he's bumbled around and accidentally picked this team.

He knew what he was doing, he hasn't taken the league cup 100% serious and given players that need it game time. It wasn't an accident, it wasn't like he thinks that is his strongest side. He knew what he was doing, he knew the risks involved and was obviously confident we'd score more than them to go through. And he was right.

Have a go at him for not taking the league cup seriously if you want, because that's the only thing he's done wrong.

• Like 2

The only issue I had with the team prior to the game was Sanchez playing CB as it turned out he was our best defender. The defensive performances of Hutton Baker and Richardson should signal the end of their Villa careers. We looked decent enough going forward but looked very insecure at the back. I would've preferred a stronger bench but if we don't give players game time we won't find out about them. Overall it's been the perfect night for TS Veretout Gil Grealish and to a degree Sanchez have put down markers and got fitter. Sinclair is getting back to his Swansea goal scoring form and Adama has shown he is a very rough diamond. Even Ayew looked sharper he just needs to work on keeping onside a bit more. A crowd of 21000 watched a very enjoyable game even if we did make it hard for ourselves.

Yeah, that.

The criticism is a joke though, people calling him clueless and tactics tim like he's bumbled around and accidentally picked this team.

He knew what he was doing, he hasn't taken the league cup 100% serious and given players that need it game time. It wasn't an accident, it wasn't like he thinks that is his strongest side. He knew what he was doing, he knew the risks involved and was obviously confident we'd score more than them to go through. And he was right.

Have a go at him for not taking the league cup seriously if you want, because that's the only thing he's done wrong.

Number one thing for me is the win, so thank god it worked out. But we are talking about a manager who has made a number of errors, he has also said he doesn't want losers and yet goes into a game not taking it seriously? Secondly, his comments after the FA Cup final - this is his chance to get over that, a good chance for a trophy - if he wants to stamp out the loser mentality, this is a chance to do that.

I get why you back him. I have no issues (actually, go back and read my comments here, I have been sticking up for him) but he has to stop making stupid decisions, he is not a boy, he is the manager of a team in the premiership (hey, Limpid!), and he should act like that. A loss today could lead to a loss in our next game and then when does it stop?

I know it's his first full time managerial job, but he needs to learn fast. If today was a team put out by a foreign manager i'd understand, but Tim has years of experience playing, coaching and now into managing in this country and he should understand and know what a lower league team will do in the cup.

Formation was 4-5-1 tonight, or 4-3-3 depending on where the wide men were.

I think people are overreacting to the 3 goals. It flattered Notts County. The only goal that was bad defending was the first one.

The second one was a mental decision from Bunn when the player was going nowhere. And the third was a wonder strike from Burke from 30 yards.

County didn't really have many other chances apart from that. Bunn made one good save and they had a decent chance in extra time, but that's about it.

Sanchez, HUtton and Richardson all actually played well. Baker was the weak point. Veretout played as a dedicated DM and did it extremely well.

It really wasn't as naive and "gung ho" as people are suggesting.

Edited by Stevo985

Â