The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

A very risky line-up ,in my opinion, but we got through. I don't know whether to say``Well done, Tim,'' or ``Don't ever do that again''.

If we had games like that every week I'd buy a **** box, let alone a season ticket. It was great.

I was a bit asleep last night and couldn't think - but I wanted to know if Gil did well? You might have said he did, but I was half asleep.

He was one of four of our players that I think played very well

Grealish

Gil

Sanchez

Veretout

Probably in that order.

Don't forget Adama! I know he is very raw but I haven't been that excited by a Villa player for a long time. His explosive power is just incredible. Really hope he is fit against Sunderland and that Tim plays him. 

To be fair I'd say we are incredibly patient on a whole as a club including fans when it comes to managers. Lambert for example wouldn't have lasted that long in my opinion at most, if not all other premier league clubs. It's good as the manager always has support but equally once your time is up, it's up.

people were extremely patient with Lambert but they werent with McLeish or Houllier

To be fair I'd say we are incredibly patient on a whole as a club including fans when it comes to managers. Lambert for example wouldn't have lasted that long in my opinion at most, if not all other premier league clubs. It's good as the manager always has support but equally once your time is up, it's up.

people were extremely patient with Lambert but they werent with McLeish or Houllier

You're judging everybody because of a few?

I meant the fans in general ;) 

• Like 1

I'll meet you in the ROI thread about backing a manager ;)

I'll meet you in the ROI thread about backing a manager ;)

that man is a poisonous prick and doesnt deserve backing, just like if Delph ever returned he would get no **** support from me :P

• Like 1

A very risky line-up ,in my opinion, but we got through. I don't know whether to say``Well done, Tim,'' or ``Don't ever do that again''.

If we had games like that every week I'd buy a **** box, let alone a season ticket. It was great.

I was a bit asleep last night and couldn't think - but I wanted to know if Gil did well? You might have said he did, but I was half asleep.

Grealish

Gil

Sanchez

Veretout

Probably in that order.

Don't forget Adama! I know he is very raw but I haven't been that excited by a Villa player for a long time. His explosive power is just incredible. Really hope he is fit against Sunderland and that Tim plays him. 

Yes, I should have included him. Make that 5.

That is largely due to what they had done before coming to us though.

Plus in fairness most the criticism of Houllier was the result of his fawning over Liverpool rather than his results.

Grealish

Gil

Sanchez

Veretout

Probably in that order.

Yes, I should have included him. Make that 5.

Completely agree with that top five from last night.

It can only be a good sign that a player who scores a hat trick still doesn't make it into the best five players for us.

Yeah Sinclair is a weird one.

He scored a hattrick, and could have had more, but I don't feel like he was in the game that much.

When Adama was on the pitch pretty much everything went down our right wing. like I've said elsewhere, I very much feel like that was a deliberate tactic from us. Everytime we had the ball we seemed to work it out to Adama. And every time he got it he ran at the defence. That must have been instructions from the management.

But as a result, Sinclair hardly saw the ball in the first half. ONce Adama went off, he saw a lot more of the ball.

• Like 1

We won, we played some of the new lads and some players who needed game time, and the crowd was entertained. Yes, it would have been better if we had won 5-0 rather 5-3, but if someone has offered you 5-3 before the game then I'm sure you would have took it.

I thought it was refreshing that we showed a little bit of arrogance for once in a cup competition and just picked a team to score goals and entertain. It was very much a "we will score more goals than you" approach.

I'm happy with the result and with the draw for the next round. I would be amazed if Tim doesn't pick his strongest team (or very near to it) for derby game.

Yeah Sinclair is a weird one.

He scored a hattrick, and could have had more, but I don't feel like he was in the game that much.

When Adama was on the pitch pretty much everything went down our right wing. like I've said elsewhere, I very much feel like that was a deliberate tactic from us. Everytime we had the ball we seemed to work it out to Adama. And every time he got it he ran at the defence. That must have been instructions from the management.

But as a result, Sinclair hardly saw the ball in the first half. ONce Adama went off, he saw a lot more of the ball.

I really agree with your Sinclair point. If you judge him where he played, LW, then he didn't do much apart from his goals. But if you judge him as a striker, where I think he should be given a go, then he had a very good game. 

I'm not sure if I've made sense or not. 

I think you're missing out the other end of the spectrum, which seems to be populated by people who take offence to anything remotely negative that is levelled at him. 

I'm on the fence RE: Sherwood. I don't hate him and I don't want him to fail - It's pretty tiring being told that I'm a hater, when I'm not. 

I think you're missing out the other end of the spectrum, which seems to be populated by people who take offence to anything remotely negative that is levelled at him. 

I'm on the fence RE: Sherwood. I don't hate him and I don't want him to fail - It's pretty tiring being told that I'm a hater, when I'm not. 

So Solid Crew - Haterz

That's you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XhJ0xV0gmc

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 1

This.

I'm not on the fence with Sherwood. I'm fully backing him. He's doing a great job and until he shows he can't take this club forward he'll get my backing all the way. He's not even close to showing that yet so it's happy days.

But

it was obvious last season that there were those who couldn't handle even a shred of criticism being pointed in his direction.

But you get that with any manager. Just different people doing it. That's VillaTalk for you

Sherwood's got my full support and so far I think he's doing a good job. Not perfect, there's been the odd thing I didn't like, but overall he's been good.

We're scoring and we're interesting again.

I know it was a second round cup game against lower league opposition but I suspect last night was one of the most fun and entertaining nights at villa park for a long while.

And as mentioned before, one player scored a hat trick and he was, perhaps, our sixth best player on the night.

I can't remember that happening too often over the previous three regimes.

I think the majority will criticise at the right time but some who have an agenda against TS bang on about the same things his so called ego, tactics, 442 etc Yet his dispelled all of them. I hate it when someone slags the manager for blatantly wrong things and some then go over the top in support to balance it out. So far TS hasn't done much wrong. The only thing that's bugging me at the minute is the inclusion of Gabby hopefully though that'll sort itself out with the performances of Gil Grealish Adama and Sinclair. I'd even give Ayew a chance before Gabby as at least he runs off the ball.

• Like 1

I don't get it.

Last season we all moaned about how defensive, negative and boring (not to say unsuccessful) Lambert was.

Along comes Tim. People are unsure, but he motivates a demoralised side and secures safety.

He has a transfer window that gets everybody buzzing, with young and highly rated players coming on board. It's clear that the dull days are over. Typical VT comments are along the lines of "We will certainly concede goals, but what the hell, we'll score more - bring it on!"

Then - IN A LEAGUE CUP GAME - he puts out a side full of attackers, and virtually no defence. What happens? The opposition score three, BUT WE SCORE FIVE!

And still people moan!

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 4

I didn't want him initially and I wasn't happy when we appointed me.  He's surprised me at how good he has been.  Both in terms of turning the club around, buying the right players, the way we play and how he is building a team.  So much so that it would take something pretty drastic for me to want him gone.

Â