The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I don't think people openly want him sacked but there were quite a few who called him clueless or mocked him as some sort of tactics moron.

New squad, a lot of players needing match fitness so they all got a run out, Tim himself said he knew we would be open so all in all a good exercise as most of the players needeing a run out are attack minded. it was a risky plan but I would rather see some risky attacking goal fest football than watching 90 mins of sideways passing like we did against Orient and being bored to tears.

Agree and like its been said, Sherwood knew exactly what he was doing and did it for a reason. The fact the same names couldn't wait to try and think this before slamming him while the game was going on, shows that there are some who are just waiting for him to fail and want to jump on anything they can.

Better fan? Maybe you can see absolutely everything - but that doesn't mean others can.

Sunderland at home is going to be a good marker for us IMO as to where we are at the moment

Yep I agree.

Better fan? Maybe you can see absolutely everything - but that doesn't mean others can.

Nope, but anyone who isn't desperate to jump on the manager could think about the game and why he'd made decisions. Or waited to see how the game finished and listened to the manager after. But like I said, some are just desperate to vent their dislike for him.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

It is strange how people who did not go feel we were lucky but those there felt it was just a matter of time till we won. Then again I was in the top holte and two blokes nearly came to blows because the one thought the other was being negative all through the match. I have been going down the Villa for 44 years and can honestly say it was the strangest feeling I have ever had watching a game. Even though we kept going behind you just knew we could break through their defence with ease and score again.

Before yesterday's game we'd won one from the previous seven games and lost the rest. So I can understand the frustration during the game when that run looked liked it might continue against Notts County. Sherwood might not have done quite as well as I predicted but with the new team that he's helped build I think he should have a chance to show what he can do.

Nope, but anyone who isn't desperate to jump on the manager could think about the game and why he'd made decisions. Or waited to see how the game finished and listened to the manager after. But like I said, some are just desperate to vent their dislike for him.

Might as well remove predictions threads and pre-match threads then?  :mellow:

I'm not having a go... and I actually 100% agree the manager needs time. But to suggest people can't express an opinion until the end of a match is odd. I think we will beat Sunderland, probably 3-1 and I think Grealish will score. It'll be a good performance and we will impress. Am I allowed to say that - it's positive? Or should I not express an opinion till the end of the game?

Also, anybody who wants us to win can also think about the game and wonder why decisions are made - it's not about the manager, it's about us wanting to win and that means we have opinions which you might not agree with - it doesn't mean people want the manager out. If we say here and just thought everything Tim did was correct, it'd be a boring forum.

I know once the team is announced people will suggest player a for b, or formation a or b... is this allowed?

I'm not having a go, I just don't know why we should wait till the end of a game before having an opinion?

Did I say any of that. I'm on about people calling him clueless and tactics tim. No one would have an issue if someone predicted that they thought we might lose, sharing an opinion is not an issue. Being desperate to slag off the manager is.

It's ok to debate but when said 'fans' call sherwood clueless and other things beside. That is having a go at the manager not debating or discussing. Opinions could be made without resorting to calling the manager clueless or he's got no idea etc. In the end the manager was proved right and the fans clueless. That match last night was exhilarating, remember when fans used to say they'd rather lose playing good football than win a boring match? They don't half change like the wind after a bad curry!

• Like 1

Did I say any of that. I'm on about people calling him clueless and tactics tim. No one would have an issue if someone predicted that they thought we might lose, sharing an opinion is not an issue. Being desperate to slag off the manager is.

If that is what you meant then I apologise. I was just going on this:

Agree and like its been said, Sherwood knew exactly what he was doing and did it for a reason. The fact the same names couldn't wait to try and think this before slamming him while the game was going on, shows that there are some who are just waiting for him to fail and want to jump on anything they can.

Which (to me!) suggested that you felt we shouldn't make any suggestions until the game was finished.

I apologise if that wasn't the case.  :thumb:

It's ok to debate but when said 'fans' call sherwood clueless and other things beside. That is having a go at the manager not debating or discussing. Opinions could be made without resorting to calling the manager clueless or he's got no idea etc. In the end the manager was proved right and the fans clueless. That match last night was exhilarating, remember when fans used to say they'd rather lose playing good football than win a boring match? They don't half change like the wind after a bad curry!

But if they think he is clueless, that is their opinion. You wouldn't care if they said he knew everything about football management.

For example, I think Paul Lambert is clueless.

Edited by DK82

Agree and like its been said, Sherwood knew exactly what he was doing and did it for a reason. The fact the same names couldn't wait to try and think this before slamming him while the game was going on, shows that there are some who are just waiting for him to fail and want to jump on anything they can.

Which (to me!) suggested that you felt we shouldn't make any suggestions until the game was finished.

I apologise if that wasn't the case. :thumb:

Not at all, of course people can suggest things and share opinions. But my original point was that there seem to be some who are desperate to slag off Sherwood.

Calling him clueless, Tactics Tim or anything that is considered to be slagging him off is still their opinion though. Whether you agree with it or not, its their right to do so on an internet forum.

They can if they want. It just shows there are some who can't wait to jump on him.

• Like 1

Calling him clueless, Tactics Tim or anything that is considered to be slagging him off is still their opinion though. Whether you agree with it or not, its their right to do so on an internet forum.

They can if they want. It just shows there are some who can't wait to jump on him.

Yeah of course, but there always will be people like that. Just ignore them.  ;)

• Like 1

But if they think he is clueless, that is their opinion. You wouldn't care if they said he knew everything about football management.

He proved himself clueless over a number of years. Sherwood is barely out of nappies compared.

Nobody would say he knows everything about management. I would find that ridiculous and would probably say so. But as a general point, people being enthusiastic and upbeat is a good thing. Conversely, being a miserable sod really **** grates, especially when it is rarely backed up with reasoned debate. Those kinds of people, generally, tend to be combative from the off and move the goalposts, constantly.

Read the match thread from last night, it's absurd. For me it was my only way of following the game outside of single line txt updates on the Sky Sports app and it was **** painful. It's no wonder that people are easily annoyed by it.

He proved himself clueless over a number of years. Sherwood is barely out of nappies compared.

Nobody would say he knows everything about management. I would find that ridiculous and would probably say so. But as a general point, people being enthusiastic and upbeat is a good thing. Conversely, being a miserable sod really **** grates, especially when it is rarely backed up with reasoned debate. Those kinds of people, generally, tend to be combative from the off and move the goalposts, constantly.

Read the match thread from last night, it's absurd. For me it was my only way of following the game outside of single line txt updates on the Sky Sports app and it was **** painful. It's no wonder that people are easily annoyed by it.

The thing is - I guess it is just the wording (I've done it myself and been caught out of context), not everybody wants Sherwood out (actually, not many at all) and even those who had doubts back him. By saying 'people on here won't give Sherwood a chance', or words to that extent - well, it's just not right (imho!) of course.

Secondly, looking at a match thread where comments are made in the heat of the moment as justification is also a little crazy. We're very passionate on here - and god I do love you all (nearly... nearly all), and with that I don't take much in the match thread seriously. 

I apologise if that wasn't the case. :thumb:

Not at all, of course people can suggest things and share opinions. But my original point was that there seem to be some who are desperate to slag off Sherwood.

Fairy muff :)

At the end of the day, he's done wonders so far. He'll get plenty of time to make it work (from me!) - and even if I sound a little grumpy sometimes, I think that is just my personality - I try to look at both sides. I'm actually quite happy with things right now.

People are just stating their opinion. I don't know why people get so hurt by it. It's not going to have any actual affect on what goes on at the club.

A fair point.

DK82 - at this point I think it is absolutely ridiculous that anyone at all would want him sacked. Those people need to check themselves into a psychotherapist. IMO.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

People are just stating their opinion. I don't know why people get so hurt by it. It's not going to have any actual affect on what goes on at the club.

A fair point.

DK82 - at this point I think it is absolutely ridiculous that anyone at all would want him sacked. Those people need to check themselves into a psychotherapist. IMO.

I don't want him sacked, but I think I need booking in just for being a Villa fan tbh  :D

• Like 1

A fair point.

I don't want him sacked, but I think I need booking in just for being a Villa fan tbh :D

I know you don't! I actually quite like reading your criticisms, it gets me thinking. I can be blind at times in my enthusiasm.

Totally agree with the second part. I've done it for 2 years, for no major reason other than personal improvement, though now you mention it she was crucial at times last season!

Â