The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

It's hard to resist the allure of Tim. He's got more personality than our previous 6 managers combined.

But can he disco dance?

DiscoLambo.gif

He gets credit for the changes he made but he put out a silly front 3 really, who were all the same type of player and gave us only one dimension. 

Realistically, we could easily be coming out of that game with a loss, with the chances they had - so we shouldn't get carried away because we didn't dominate them. 

• Like 1

I don't think he had much alternative to that starting line-up though to be honest. Gestede wasn't ready and Gill and Grealish were injured. The only other possibility was Kozak who was missing from the squad for some reason.

• Like 1

He gets credit for the changes he made but he put out a silly front 3 really, who were all the same type of player and gave us only one dimension. 

Realistically, we could easily be coming out of that game with a loss, with the chances they had - so we shouldn't get carried away because we didn't dominate them. 

In fact, really, when we look back on this game, we will always think of it as a defeat.

• Like 2

I don't think he had much alternative to that starting line-up though to be honest. Gestede wasn't ready and Gill and Grealish were injured. The only other possibility was Kozak who was missing from the squad for some reason.

You mentioned Kozak yourself and Gestede was clearly ready - he came on, did well and scored. 

So far it's looking like Tim has bought well. Possibly very very well. Of course being given proper money to spend helps, but I think he's got good value.

The prospect of yesterday's lineup with Rudy in for Gabby, Grealish in for Sinclair and Gil in for Ayew is pretty mouth-watering when you think that we finally seem to have a half decent midfield and defence.

You mentioned Kozak yourself and Gestede was clearly ready - he came on, did well and scored.

Tim said though that Rudy wasn't ready to start because he'd only had 45 minutes worth of pre-season. There's little doubt in my mind he would have started if Tim believed he was ready to do so.

As for Kozak, it's a mystery to me that he wasn't even on the bench as an option, so perhaps he was not quite right.

I thinkt Tim is fantastic and "tactics tim" did fairly well today, we did nullify their pace for the most part today, you could hear him upping the tempo in the second half because the last 15 of the first half we dropped off. We were much more on the front foot and then the substitutes were right at the right time.

Some credit needs to go to putting Richards at center back today, he was brilliant, lost concentration a few times but he was strong, athletic, vocal and was absolutely throwing himself into challenges. Good center back and captain material. 

I wouldn't even say he deserves credit for the changes.

It was pretty predictable that the 2 French lads were probably not going to last 90 mins. It was pretty predictable that Gestede was going to come on, on around the 60min mark and it was pretty predictable that Sanchez was the obvious replacement for Veretout.

The chances they had were nothing to do with team selection-They would still have been created with Sanchez and Gestede on the pitch.

Yes-I agree we were fortunate and more clinical finishing would have seen us dead and buried by half time.. The team are new and will take time to gel. Hopefully we will get better. We have to bear in mind that this was a big day for Bournmouth-They were clearly going to come at us all guns blazing-It possibly to our credit that their best chance came from a bobbling/loose ball that landed at a players feet (luckily not one of their strikers)

The positives for me were our ability to cope with the pressure, our ability to fight our way back into the game and decision to take the game to them. Previous managers would have sat back, passed sideways and hoped for the best. As the home side on such a big occasion, Bournmouth were always going to have more possession.

Its great to get this potential banana skin out of the way and 3 points on the board-This is so important given our next game and the fact that we have so many new players who have no experience of the league.

Gestede was clearly ready - he came on, did well and scored.

Clearly not as he was puffing out of his arsehole within 15 minutes of being on. Tim even mentions in his BBC interview that they bought him on earlier than anticipated.

Can't people just give credit where it is due? There will be a time for pelters.

• Like 3

From what I saw the tactics were spot on.

He started a quick front three to hit Bournemouth fast on the break. First half we sat back and looked to break, second half we pushed forward when they were tiring. Subs came on and one scored the winner... What's to moan about?

• Like 1

From what I saw the tactics were spot on.

He started a quick front three to hit Bournemouth fast on the break. First half we sat back and looked to break, second half we pushed forward when they were tiring. Subs came on and one scored the winner... What's to moan about?

Because he didn't do exactly what Lexicon wanted him to do. Even though what Tim Sherwood decided actually proved to have worked. The idiot.

• Like 1

This thread is so funny at times. It makes me laugh out loud. Timmy is so ruggedly handsome though. His wife is one lucky woman. ❤

Got it spot on yesterday. First half was rubbish but in many ways we needed to play like that. Bournemouth were obviously buzzing about playing their first game in the Premier League at home and we were humble enough to realise we needed to try and contain them early on. Once we realised we had them pretty much sussed out we made the changes needed to win the game.

It's so nice and refreshing to actually ruin the party. The bournemouth wank-fest was cringeworthy at times.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 2

Â