The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

To be fair, we don't really know what Sherwood said. Even if he said verbatim 'There's no point going to a team that doesn't cross the ball,' it doesn't mean that he thinks he can ONLY score goals from crosses. He's proved he's got good feet. I would suggest, and obviously this is only my opinion, that Sherwood thinks that goals from crosses are a big strength of his and going to a team that doesn't do that is a bit of a disadvantage to him as he's so strong in that area.

Either way, I would also hazard that Sherwood only really said it in an attempt to keep him at the club, which is what we would all like to think our manager would do.

But you know what? It's a nothing story and he's not our player anymore, so who cares?

• Like 3

I personally think that article reflects poorly on Sherwood if what Benteke is saying is true.

I understand he was trying to make Benteke stay, but telling him he's a one dimensional player who can only score form crosses isn't the greatest thing he's ever said.

Sherwood has said on AVTV that Benteke has dreamt it up. 

Villa fans seem to care, annoyingly. They're turning against Benteke because of a misleading headline.

it's a shame, that's all.

I didn't even read the headline. He's trash talking and wouldn't expect anything less.

Besides, no different from your comment that he has called Benteke one dimensional! It's unusual to see you pull something like that out of thin air, trouble with your air-conditioning at work again? ;)

Well it sets it all up beautifully for Liverpool fans to refer back to as evidence that they took a poorly coached gem from a crappy little backwater....

hmmm...  i'm confused.  I thought Liverpool was the crappy backwater??  ;)

Villa fans seem to care, annoyingly. They're turning against Benteke because of a misleading headline.

it's a shame, that's all.

I didn't even read the headline. He's trash talking and wouldn't expect anything less.

Besides, no different from your comment that he has called Benteke one dimensional! It's unusual to see you pull something like that out of thin air, trouble with your air-conditioning at work again? ;)

I don't really see the point you're trying to make.

I even bolded the bit in my post that said "if what Benteke is saying is true".

So I haven't pulled that out of the air. I've taken that from what Benteke has said, with the caveat that it is dependant on Benteke telling the truth.

Mostof the anger towards Benteke on this appears to be because the headline says he's "hitting back" or had a "confrontation" with Sherwood.

When in actual fact it sounds like a perfectly rational conversation, and Benteke has given Sherwood credit ("he has helped me a lot").

If you read what Benteke has actually said, then I struggle to see why people have a problem with it.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Does he say Sherwood called him "one dimensional" then? I don't see that.

"I don't believe that ["There's no point moving to a club where they don't cross the ball."] and I told him - I spoke with him and I explained to him the situation. I said football has changed and football now is modern and I can adapt," he said.

"It is not just about crossing, I can score normal goals, too. I told him I am not afraid about it.

So you've lept from that paraphrased statement to Sherwood called him one dimensional. Fair enough.

Do you *really* think that's how the conversation went? I mean really?

Just another trash talking idiot footballer. **** red scouse clearing in the woods, stick on your black armband and STFU. See you on the pitch.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

So you've lept from that paraphrased statement to Sherwood called him one dimensional. Fair enough.

Again, I'm struggling to see the point you're trying to make. Are you worried about semantics?

He didn't use the words "one dimensional", but he described him as being a one dimensional striker (i.e. relying on crosses)

No, I don't think that's how the conversation went, which is why, again, I said "If what Benteke is saying is true". Again, I put it in bold specifically to avoid people pulling me up on the fact that it may not have happened and we're relying on the word of one person. Clearly it didn't work.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Well it sets it all up beautifully for Liverpool fans to refer back to as evidence that they took a poorly coached gem from a crappy little backwater....

hmmm...  i'm confused.  I thought Liverpool was the crappy backwater??  ;)

Not in their heads.

Again, I'm struggling to see the point you're trying to make. Are you worried about semantics?

He didn't use the words "one dimensional", but he described him as being a one dimensional striker (i.e. relying on crosses)

No, I don't think that's how the conversation went, which is why, again, I said "If what Benteke is saying is true". Again, I put it in bold specifically to avoid people pulling me up on the fact that it may not have happened and we're relying on the word of one person. Clearly it didn't work.

It seemed implied in your post that you genuinely thought such a conversation might actually have taken place in the way it has been presented by Benteke. Thanks for clearing out up for me.

If we are talking hypothetically, IF Sherwood dipped his cock in Benteke's mouth while he slept, I think that's well out of order and no wonder he wanted away.

Sherwood out...

• Like 1

To be honest I actually don't care what benteke or anyone else says now that they are no longer wearing our famous shirt. I thank him for what he did but I wish plop and Trekkers no good luck at all why should I ? I will wait to see his reaction if he scores against us. If he does a Yorke or young and not a platt then I won't care a jot about him. All I care about now is villa sherwood and our future.

i agree with this. I have a vague interest interest in how our ex players are doing if I happen to see something about them, but I am absolutely not bothered whether they do well or not. Our own players exercise my mind sufficiently without thinking about the players of other clubs.

I agree it makes Benteke look a bit if a cock. It's just completely unnecessary. Though frankly I've never warmed to him as a human being so...

Moving on.

Same here. He was a bit of a dick when he joined us, and he is still a bit of a dick.

We gave you your chance and a very good living for 3 years, fella, show a bit of respect.

And judging by your performances prior to Sherwood coming in, without Sherwood you would not have scored the goals to get you your dream move.

Well it sets it all up beautifully for Liverpool fans to refer back to as evidence that they took a poorly coached gem from a crappy little backwater that thought all he could do was head the ball, and polished him into the multi-dimensional progressive striker that you will see him be at Anfield, already scoring 20 yard volleys (and which he was already bloody doing at Villa)...

Liverpool fans, so as to avoid re-writing history and admitting they were so far off the mark about his abilities, can just claim they were right about his time at Villa, but that they've turned him into exactly what they needed.  words removed.

TBH I f**king hate talking about him now.  I really f**king wish he hadn't gone there and I hope he's a disaster, but I know he won't be :(

Christian Benteke played in a team that could only stave off relegation by the skin of their teeth for too many seasons.....I guess he got tired of that irrespective of what club he planned to go to.

In the ideal world we would have built a team around him....but it seems that was beyond our capability....so to some degree we have been the architect of our own demise.

We have seen this scenario many times over the years even back to the Steve hodge days.

Christian Benteke see's himself as Aston Villa's Saviour in recent seasons, whether that is the case or what that say's about his collegues is your own guess.

Tim Sherwood was probably trying to pull out all the stops to get CB to stay by painting a dark picture of his proposed move to Liverpool.....CB had probably already made his mind up ( judging by the cup final body language) from the previous 3 seasons where Paul Lambert was always fighting off a proposed exit.

Whether we have developed him or it has been all his own doing....we give him the platform, that he duly accepted, whilst no one else was prepared to take the gamble.

We have managed to raise some decent funds from his sale, so hopefully we can elevate ourselves somewhat.... we deserve that.

The postering between CB & TS is just sour grapes.....I have no further interest in the player personally and what he does for Liverpool is not my concern....good or bad.

just thanks for the memory, because thats all it has been.

PS If the Liverpool fans think he will be as prolific as Suarez....I wish them well.....because I'm with Sherwood, Benteke has not got the movement of Luis

Edited by TRO

It seemed implied in your post that you genuinely thought such a conversation might actually have taken place in the way it has been presented by Benteke. Thanks for clearing out up for me.

If we are talking hypothetically, IF Sherwood dipped his cock in Benteke's mouth while he slept, I think that's well out of order and no wonder he wanted away.

Sherwood out...

That is a good example of something being plucked out of thin air.

The difference between your sarcastic example and what I said, is Benteke has actually been quoted regarding what I was talking about.

Â