The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I just hope this new team doesn't take long to gel. Having so many new players can sometimes implode. Look at Liverpool.

I think ability to gel quickly has been taken into account when assessing a new signing

I just hope this new team doesn't take long to gel. Having so many new players can sometimes implode. Look at Liverpool.

I think ability to gel quickly has been taken into account when assessing a new signing

I'm sure the fact alot of the guys coming in are young lads from the French league will mean they can all help eachother settle. I also think that we now have a much stronger set up with people like Wilkins who know the European (and World game), so it will help the foreign boys to bed in....

Edited by GeordieVillan

Looks like we are going to be an attacking team who'll leak a lot of goals at the back. It could be like Lambert's first season in charge.

You only have to look at the top 8 and you find a load of teams that don't keep clean sheets but they score enough to nullify the other team. That was our issue last season we only scored near enough a goal a game at 39 goals, but knowing numerous came in a single match there were matches where zero goals were scored. That puts so much pressure on the defense to perform and when they make a mistake it's super costly. Simply upping our goal tally will cause us to be more successful, plus a stronger midfield should see us winning more in midfield so the defenders will have to work even less. 

• Like 1

Agreed. Having a stronger midfield really should put a lot of pressure off of our defenders. Either way I'm not too worried because we still have a large portion of the same defenders as last season and, although they're not the bradiest of bunches, they weren't hopeless cases either. I still think Okore and Clark are fairly solid defenders and here's to hoping Richards and Crespo work out. Also, Amavi seems like a proper solid player. Hutton too had some alright games. Our biggest issue last season was, without doubt, our inability to score and yet we somehow survived that debacle. I still think this is of concern and should be a priority before the transfer window shuts. One more striker in and I think we have enough options up there in case of injuries/drops in form.

Here's a pic she took -

c912804c8c4b470e4ef1bad5153c7687.jpg

Darder incoming?

Headphones around his neck  I know the cabin crew and they have told me that Sherwood had this song on at the time he got off the plane

Here's a pic she took -

c912804c8c4b470e4ef1bad5153c7687.jpg

Darder incoming?

Headphones around his neck  I know the cabin crew and they have told me that Sherwood had this song on at the time he got off the plane

Great track, don't think i've seen the video before though...are they in a tardis? lol

Looks like we are going to be an attacking team who'll leak a lot of goals at the back. It could be like Lambert's first season in charge.

We urgently need a really good CB. If we start the season with Clark as our best CB I think we'll struggle

​IMO we have a better squad now than we had at the end of last season. More promise, more speed, guile and I believe we will actually score many more goals regardless of losing the PL most rounded striker save for maybe Diego Costa.

The only downside is while we may score 2 or 3 in a game *shock* we will leak goals like never before. It may be exciting and frankly whirlwind but I’d expect a blast of 2-5, 3-4 style defeats as well as wins. Of course we’ll take our annual pastings from the usual big clubs but smaller teams like Liverpool, Stoke and Everton will unlock us handily too.

I can’t wait for the season, I think it’ll be bold and exciting but dear god please sign a centre back as soon as possible. If we’re willing to spend 7-10m on attack minded players so swiftly it’s time to consider an equal or greater purchase for defence.

As an aside I’m surprised we haven’t looked at Greek or Ukrainian leagues for players. Both countries and consequently leagues are relatively unstable at the moment and sure it’s a bit churlish to consider signing players from those countries for that kind of reasoning but you know, we’re raiding France because our money goes further after all.

Edited by ccfcman

I'm sure the fact alot of the guys coming in are young lads from the French league will mean they can all help eachother settle. I also think that we now have a much stronger set up with people like Wilkins who know the European (and World game), so it will help the foreign boys to bed in....

From what I saw last night against Wolves Gueye and Amavi look pretty settled already. I'm more concerned with the current players being on their level than the other way around. Really impressed with both considering they have only been here a week. Can't wait to see Gil and Grealish come in and play with the new boy's. Exciting times!!

don't know if the club are spinning it but it's interesting the job Tim seems to have done on selling the club to players , likewise when i've seen interviews with him he talks about the club almost as if he was an ex player with 500 Villa games under his belt ...

he may turn out to be the worse manager we've ever had  , but for now I'm really impressed with the guy  ... can't wait for the football season to start and it's been may years since i've felt like that ....

He has already done better than a lot of other managers at the club :P

We urgently need a really good CB. If we start the season with Clark as our best CB I think we'll struggle

I wanted to see one come in  c 6' 3".....someone commanding in the air.....I know its not just about size, but it does help.

I wanted to see one come in  c 6' 3".....someone commanding in the air.....I know its not just about size, but it does help.

Maybe this dude.

Screen-Shot-2014-08-19-at-20.44.38.png

• Like 1

Full marks to sherwood and our his working behind the scenes, managing to get almost a whole new team worth of players in with the money from two players is an impressive feat. Extremely impressed with the way we've conducted ourselves this window and we really are looking like this seasons surprise package.

I'm looking forward to the start of the season for the first time in years!

Full marks to sherwood and our his working behind the scenes, managing to get almost a whole new team worth of players in with the money from two players is an impressive feat. Extremely impressed with the way we've conducted ourselves this window and we really are looking like this seasons surprise package.

Meh, Lambert would have brought in 627 with the money Tim has spent 

Meh, Lambert would have brought in 627 with the money Tim has spent 

and one might have turned out a gem 

Â