• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

to be honest if you watched the Leceister and Liverpool games this result had been coming - we got away it against those two - but sooner or later we were going to get a kicking.

I couldn't quite believe the pre match thread where a number of posters were optimistic - I just couldn't see what that was based on..

• Like 3

Gil was good. Absolute quality and the only one of our players who looked like doing anything at all. Everyone else that started ranged from poor to atrocious.

Sanchez and Richardson in particular were woeful. Richardson gave the ball away pathetically which led directly to their second goal. 

I hope that this is the last we will see of Cleverley, if it is true that his loan ends when the window slams shut?

Benteke got himself more involved after HT but his touch is severely lacking at the moment.

Sinclair looked alright when he came on.

Depressing.

True. Obviously Lambert is telling them all to play brilliantly and then the players are going out on the pitch and ignoring him and playing how they want rather than following their manager's instructions.
Obviously Lambert is telling them all to play badly and then the players are going out on the pitch and doing exactly what they're told - pass the ball to the opposition, trip over the ball and lose your marker.

Lambert is the person who decided to play a high line against a fast-breaking team. Lambert is the person who has dictated a high-possession style which concentrates on ball retention to the detriment of attacking play, pulling players out of position to ensure an easy pass and leaving huge gaps that are easily exploited by the opposition. If the players are playing badly it is Lambert's job to get them playing the way he wants them to. It is his job to dictate shape and formation, to give the players instructions on movement and to inspire them when they are feeling down.

So go on, tell me again how today's performance is entirely down to the players and Lambert bears no responsibility at all.

Ah, so football is like FIFA15, Lambert sat on the bench with his controller. Only normally he plays Pro Evo and he hasn't switched square and circle - and cheeky Arsene has put manual passing on.

Yes, that's what I said, isn't it? Now how about you address my original point? Do you honestly believe that the way the team is set up, the formation, the coaching, the individual player instructions and the manager's ability to motivate and instruct the team has no influence on the way the team performs? Because if you do then I wonder what the point of employing a manager at all is.

I think today just about sums up Lambert's time at Villa. Any hint of postitivity (Delph staying, us buying players in areas we need to, beating Bournemouth) get well and truly destroyed the next week by serving up a terrible performance. As well as not scoring again (new record in 125 years of league football well done lads) what is even more worrying is the heaviest defeat of the season by 2 goals. Glad I didn't go and sorry to those who did. Awful.

Why did he start with Richardson instead of Cissokoho?

Lambert is going nowhere. Repeat nowhere.

I hope the bottom 3 continue to stink the division up or we could be right down there soon.

We have to turn this around in the league- winning a couple of games in the cup v championship sides was just papering over the cracks.

Chelsea next. Gulp.

• Like 4

Tom Fox the ‪#‎AVFC‬ CEO reads all emails he says. Email him if you want tom.fox@avfc.co.uk and ask him what he knows that we don't

Done.

sent one myself mate!! is his proper email address as hasn't bounced back!! sent stuff to people at Villa before and that looks the correct format for email!

Edited by Villan4Life

I called 5-0 in the prematch thread. Thanks for making it a reality.

Gil was very good, the rest were all over the place.

Sanchez and Benteke were both 1/10 . All this on the back of a 'positive week'. We were always gonna lose but its just far too easy for our opponents. Really need to sort if out after Chelsea. 11 goals in 23 bwhahahah WTF!!??

True. Obviously Lambert is telling them all to play brilliantly and then the players are going out on the pitch and ignoring him and playing how they want rather than following their manager's instructions.
Obviously Lambert is telling them all to play badly and then the players are going out on the pitch and doing exactly what they're told - pass the ball to the opposition, trip over the ball and lose your marker.
Lambert is the person who decided to play a high line against a fast-breaking team. Lambert is the person who has dictated a high-possession style which concentrates on ball retention to the detriment of attacking play, pulling players out of position to ensure an easy pass and leaving huge gaps that are easily exploited by the opposition. If the players are playing badly it is Lambert's job to get them playing the way he wants them to. It is his job to dictate shape and formation, to give the players instructions on movement and to inspire them when they are feeling down.

So go on, tell me again how today's performance is entirely down to the players and Lambert bears no responsibility at all.

Ah, so football is like FIFA15, Lambert sat on the bench with his controller. Only normally he plays Pro Evo and he hasn't switched square and circle - and cheeky Arsene has put manual passing on.

Yes, that's what I said, isn't it? Now how about you address my original point? Do you honestly believe that the way the team is set up, the formation, the coaching, the individual player instructions and the manager's ability to motivate and instruct the team has no influence on the way the team performs? Because if you do then I wonder what the point of employing a manager at all is.

No, and that's also not what I have implied or said, which is why I responded in a similarly ridiculous manner.

No, and that's also not what I have implied or said, which is why I responded in a similarly ridiculous manner.

I expected nothing from this match, and that is what we got, plus an embarrassing whipping.

The next match could be something similar, though if we hold them to, perhaps, 0-3, that will be seen by some as something akin to a victory.

Gil was clearly our MOM. Weimann and Delph were decent.

Richardson was awful. Sanchez, Guzan and Okore all had an off day. Benteke was poor as usual. Must Cleverly play every game?

A dispirited, clueless performance generally.

Once more, Lambert gets yet one more game, against Chelsea, without pressure, that we will not expect to win, but surely everyone must agree that things must improve after that.

Â