• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Guzan- his positioning was a little off for a couple of goals but they were largely good finishes, foul for the pen was poor, he didn't need to make a challenge imo.

Clark and okore- I kind of feel sorry for them, a lot of balls in behind caught them flat footed but the midfield offered no protection whatsoever, as soon as arsenal got the ball they were running at our centre-backs and they looked outnumbered

Hutton- some decent work but was caught up the pitch too often

Richardson - gave the ball away so much, out of position a lot, shouldn't be playing let alone starting for me.

Delph - i remember a few tackles but largely anonymous.

Cleverley- completely anonymous

Sanchez- on the ball a lot, good in to feet passing but as soon as he was trying to play it into space or onto a run it was like he forgot how to pass.

Andi- 10/10 for effort, looked the most likely to score(not saying much I know).

Gil- clearly has some fantastic feet, its a shame he wasn't using them in more dangerous areas of the pitch though.

Benteke- other than when the ball went into his chest his first touch was abysmal, didn't do that well with the few headers he won. I think he's forgotten how to score goals, hopefully when he finds the net and gets some confidence again his ball control and finishing will come back.

Sinclair- didn't realise just how fast he was, went to take on his man, looks a proper winger. Obviously only a short spell but it looks encouraging.

Gabby- looks absolutely stacked, dont know why he was brought on though, I know we needed goals but gabby needs space in behind and we were 3-0 down and arsenal were happy to let us forward and counter.

Westwood- can't remember anything of note but he didn't help sure up the midfield.

And finally Mr lambert- suicide high line and some poor team selection. He won't be sacked but he should be, things need to turn around sharpish.

Overall, IMO the midfield 3 cost us the game, no protection for the defence and offered nothing going forwards, I really don't know why Lambert is trying to persevere with cleverley, I don't understand what he brings to the team.

Benteke's general play is worrying as well, I think he could do with a bit of time out of the side tbh.

Edited by jjaacckk91
  • Like 1

We started too high up the pitch which Ozil with his bit of magic took advantage of. I was hoping Giroud had buggered it up but he managed to finish it off. Shame because I think he's a donkey. If we get any credit I think it's the way we played from 1-0 down, we had some nice possession and Gil showed what he is capable of. Shame Weimann couldn't get a better header off just before half time.

Sanchez had a mare which is rare for him and Richardson for whichever goal it was was an embarrassment. I have no idea what he was doing in the starting XI. Cazorla is a class apart, not only on the ball but how he steals the ball off you just at the right time. Arsenal would then go up the other end and score as we left so many gaps whilst trying to attack. Sinclair had a few decent bits of play, I just hope the team can get the Chelsea game out of the way and start putting some results together as i think we have options now.

He brings Sinclair on when we're 3-0 down. Brilliant. The time to bring Sinclair on was to start the 2nd half. 

But the real indictment of this team's preparation was the way they started the match. Naive, stupid, slow, sloppy. Gil and Sinclair the only bright spots. 

Losing today wouldn't have surprised me, but the manner in which we lost has. I thought we'd turned a corner recently, with goals, a win, Delph re-signing and new players. 

At what point does Tom Fox pick up the phone and tell Randy that the ship is going down?

• Like 1

True. Obviously Lambert is telling them all to play brilliantly and then the players are going out on the pitch and ignoring him and playing how they want rather than following their manager's instructions.
Obviously Lambert is telling them all to play badly and then the players are going out on the pitch and doing exactly what they're told - pass the ball to the opposition, trip over the ball and lose your marker.
Lambert is the person who decided to play a high line against a fast-breaking team. Lambert is the person who has dictated a high-possession style which concentrates on ball retention to the detriment of attacking play, pulling players out of position to ensure an easy pass and leaving huge gaps that are easily exploited by the opposition. If the players are playing badly it is Lambert's job to get them playing the way he wants them to. It is his job to dictate shape and formation, to give the players instructions on movement and to inspire them when they are feeling down.

So go on, tell me again how today's performance is entirely down to the players and Lambert bears no responsibility at all.

Ah, so football is like FIFA15, Lambert sat on the bench with his controller. Only normally he plays Pro Evo and he hasn't switched square and circle - and cheeky Arsene has put manual passing on.

Yes, that's what I said, isn't it? Now how about you address my original point? Do you honestly believe that the way the team is set up, the formation, the coaching, the individual player instructions and the manager's ability to motivate and instruct the team has no influence on the way the team performs? Because if you do then I wonder what the point of employing a manager at all is.

No, and that's also not what I have implied or said, which is why I responded in a similarly ridiculous manner.

And yet your original post from the match thread was to say that all the responsibility for today's result fell on the players, so it kind've is what you both implied and said.

And I quote:

The players have to take responsibility today.

Why doesn't the manager take some?

Strange game. Thought we were unlucky to concede a goal like that so early, because there was little we could do about it. We improved by the end of the half and came right back into it for the first 15 minutes of the second half, and then gave away a very silly goal. We looked okay until the third goal, when the outcome became inevitable.

The game was littered with errors by us though, Sanchez forgot how to pass, Cleverley did nothing, Richardson was useless, Benteke didn't get much but didn't do much either.

I don't think it was completely bad, though- we came back into it and had some good moves, mainly involving Gil and Sinclair, who both look like very very good signings. Though it's still early days with Sinclair of course.

But on the whole, we obviously need to do much better. Not sure how much of it was Lambert's fault, though I'm leaning towards him setting us up badly.

• Like 1

Everyone was bad mostly due to tactics not the players

Tell me where in the tactical instructions Lambert told Sanchez to pass to the opposition as often as possible?

Tell me who signed Sanchez in the first place.

We are much too easily marked, due to the lack of movement....also who in the right mind would start with 3 in midfield against one of the teams who have an abundance of technical ability in that area.

I do have an element of sympathy with the player who has the ball in our team as there are few who allow them an outlet.....its all so friggin predictable.

when was the last time we scored a headed goal from a corner .....come to think of it, when did  we last score a premier league goal of any description.

Strange game. Thought we were unlucky to concede a goal like that so early, because there was little we could do about it. We improved by the end of the half and came right back into it for the first 15 minutes of the second half, and then gave away a very silly goal. We looked okay until the third goal, when the outcome became inevitable.

The game was littered with errors by us though, Sanchez forgot how to pass, Cleverley did nothing, Richardson was useless, Benteke didn't get much but didn't do much either.

I don't think it was completely bad, though- we came back into it and had some good moves, mainly involving Gil and Sinclair, who both look like very very good signings. Though it's still early days with Sinclair of course.

But on the whole, we obviously need to do much better. Not sure how much of it was Lambert's fault, though I'm leaning towards him setting us up badly.

reminded me of the Berbatov flick to concede last year away to Fulham.... We never learn

Tell me where in the tactical instructions Lambert told Sanchez to pass to the opposition as often as possible?

Sanchez has been a good player for us. Lambert made a good signing there and I really don't think we can blame Lambert for Sanchez' performance today. 

We can blame Lambert for a lot of things today but let's blame players when they have a shocker.

Atleast the away fans, Yes i was there, were brilliant. Worthy of a better team, dreadful that only Delph, Guzan and Hutton came over to thank us.

Another indictment on Lambert. The manager must make sure the players at the very least do this. Clueless.

• Like 1

And yet your original post from the match thread was to say that all the responsibility for today's result fell on the players, so it kind've is what you both implied and said.

The players have to take responsibility today.

Why doesn't the manager take some?

The players do have to take responsibility today. They were awful.

You seem to think you know more about what I think than I do myself.

Sanchez has been a good player for us. Lambert made a good signing there and I really don't think we can blame Lambert for Sanchez' performance today. 

We can blame Lambert for a lot of things today but let's blame players when they have a shocker.

What we can blame him for though is not taking him off before the 75th minute. It wouldn't have changed the result but Sanchez was a liability today. 

• Like 1

Strange game. Thought we were unlucky to concede a goal like that so early, because there was little we could do about it. 

Our back four was all over the place for that goal. Every defender out of position and not one of the Arsenal forward players being marked properly.

Also, Okore stood watching Giroud going goalwards for a while  before deciding he should try to get back and tackle him.

So there were a couple of things we might have done to handle the attack better.

• Like 1

All I'm doing is asking you a question. Do you think that the manager takes no responsibility for today's result? Edited by Villanun

All I'm doing is asking you a question. Do you think that the manager takes no responsibility for today's result?

Did I ever say that? Then that should be the answer to your question.

Â