• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

I feel like the guys in the ending scene of the Father Ted episode "A Song for Europe". What's even worse, I fear Carles Gil has played his best match for us. Obviously he hasn't been wore down like the others in the troop, so for now he's still able to play positive, energetic football with a certain self belief. But just wait. Paul Lambert has to go, at all costs. Villa's a travesty.

Okore: 5 - Why was he just walking towards the opposition half and reacting only after Özil had passed over his head? He needed to hold the line with Clark.

He should have held the line, but I think he was expecting Ozil to bring the ball down and so was getting ready to face up to him. The flick over his head was sublime to be fair to Ozil. It's not like Okore knew he was going to do it.

I actually hold Clark more at fault for that goal. He can see okore, he should be pushing up to create the offside line or communicating to his fellow CB. The gap between them was too big at that point anyway. very dangerous.

I disagree. Neither Clark nor Okore knew what Özil was about to do. Holding the line when you have a such high line is way more important than being headless and trying to do a midfielders job. Lets say Özil took it down. Then there would have been a big hole next to Clark which a quick player like Walcott could have taken advantage of. It was a lose-lose situation for Okore to not hold the line right there. Blaming Clark for everything must surely be out of date soon.

How have I blamed Clark for everything? All I said was he was "more at fault" for this one incident. I'm not absolving Okore of blame. The problem was a lack of communication between the centrebacks.

I agree holding the line was the best policy, but I felt Clark, as the defender further behind, should have made more of an effort to push up.

It's not like they were standing next to each other and then Okore ran off. Even before Okore moved Clark was way behind.

They're both at fault, I just felt Clark deserved some of the blame too

Edited by Stevo985

I'm gonna get shot down in flames here...bar Sanchez who had a mare I don't think we gave away the ball consistently. We are passing it around well. Big problem of course is we have no penetration and next to zero goal threat which is a real worry. Lambert got his tactics wrong. You've got to be really tight with your marking when pushing up so much, especially with their pace. They counter attacked and killed us with deadly finishing in the second half. I saw some signs of encouagement in our play though. Just don't use those tactics against the better sides

Yes but I thought Martin Keown summed us up pretty well on MOTD, when hen mentioned the lack of movement, the failure to pass the ball forwards and the pedestrian way we play now compared to the speed we played with at the emirates the year before. 

• Like 1

Anyone else thinking the players might have had themselves a night out in London on Saturday?

Should do a Brendan Rogers and send them off to Jamaica and they will all come back refreshed like Raheem Sterling  :)

• Like 1

I know it is easy to point the finger at Okore and Clark but I felt they had little to no protection from the midfield at so many points. They were outnumbered on numerous occasions. Either a severe lack of discipline from the midfield or quite frankly the formation was wrong and they were getting exposed. I'd say a bit of both if I'm being honest. 

• Like 1

I know it is easy to point the finger at Okore and Clark but I felt they had little to no protection from the midfield at so many points. They were outnumbered on numerous occasions. Either a severe lack of discipline from the midfield or quite frankly the formation was wrong and they were getting exposed. I'd say a bit of both if I'm being honest. 

I don't blame either Okore or Clark, they were too exposed. I blame the tactics more than anything. 

I'm gonna get shot down in flames here...bar Sanchez who had a mare I don't think we gave away the ball consistently. We are passing it around well. Big problem of course is we have no penetration and next to zero goal threat which is a real worry. Lambert got his tactics wrong. You've got to be really tight with your marking when pushing up so much, especially with their pace. They counter attacked and killed us with deadly finishing in the second half. I saw some signs of encouagement in our play though. Just don't use those tactics against the better sides

Yes but I thought Martin Keown summed us up pretty well on MOTD, when hen mentioned the lack of movement, the failure to pass the ball forwards and the pedestrian way we play now compared to the speed we played with at the emirates the year before. 

i totally agree with him too....we have many problems, but off the ball work is a big one.

Loves smashing these long time club records don't he our Paul!. He is so good at it,that he is breaking them more than once in a season now. Earlier in the season we went 5 games without scoring,getting one in the sixth. To actually beat that record just a few weeks later takes some doing but if any one can do it Lambert can.

Anywhere else in football he would have been gone in his first season 

Â