3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Everyone was bad mostly due to tactics not the players

Everyone was bad mostly due to tactics not the players

Tell me where in the tactical instructions Lambert told Sanchez to pass to the opposition as often as possible?

Tell me who signed Sanchez in the first place.

Sanchez has been a good player for us. Lambert made a good signing there and I really don't think we can blame Lambert for Sanchez' performance today. 

We can blame Lambert for a lot of things today but let's blame players when they have a shocker.

Indirect or direct Blame?

When you start with 3 players in midfield against a team like that you are in danger of being accused of Kamikaze.

as frustrating as it is to see players giving the ball away cheaply the manager must see that they are being out numbered or out played and call for reinforcements.... we had 2 forwards redundant, so something could have been done......also a similar goal was conceded against Fulham last year when Berbatov executed the flick that Ozil emulated today.

We never seem to learn....we are just Dull/Dim

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Email sent to Mr Fox.....NO more PR BS.......we've suffered far too long. We demand action NOW both on and off the pitch!

EVERYONE should email Mr Fox NOW!

reply to the villa database...." we havn't got the funds to compete"...end of message.

ps see you at the next game....wave if you wish/makes you feel better.

We set up wrong today.

We beat teams like Arsenal and Chelsea by packing the midfield, sitting deep, parking the bus and hitting teams on the counter attack.

We had over 50% of the possession today which is great vs like level teams but against Arsenal?

In my opinion Cleverly, Gill & Benteke shouldn't have started… Westwood, Gabby and Cissokho instead. If your 1-0 down then sub on the likes of Sinclair, Gil, Benteke to nick a point or 3.

BTW once we play teams on our level Sinclair & Gil will be a marvellous addition.

• Like 3

Terrible performance from a low on confidence out of form team. All should take an equal share of the blame.

A 532 with parking the bus and gabby up top instead of Benteke would have worked better today I think. Lambert needs to be a bit braver in his pragmatism.

• Like 1

With the brief, pleasant, interlude of seeing Villa win at home and scoring goals it has now down to the unrelenting grind of seeing us stay up. Again.

0-8 to Arsenal in 2 games.

The annoying thing is that on paper this squad is more than capable of holding their own in this league but our unsackable manager is not getting the best out of them for whatever reason.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Starting eleven:

Guzan: 4 - Gave away a penalty and let in a couple of goals too easily. Should have been quicker of his line for the first and saved it as well, given the luck that Giroud fumbled.
Hutton: 6 - Not too bad, not good game
Okore: 5 - Why was he just walking towards the opposition half and reacting only after Özil had passed over his head? He needed to hold the line with Clark.
Clark: 6 - Good enough

Richardson: 5 - Maybe he has more pace than Cissokho, but today was not his day.

Sanchez: 3 - Should have gone off at half time, if not before.
Cleverly: 4 - Should have gone off at half time.
Delph: 4 - Should have gone off at half time

Gil: 6 - A lot of tricks, but no end product.

Weimann: 6 - A lot of running, and had a good chance.
Benteke: 3 - His game is non-existence. Maybe his moaning has got the better of him. He is not scoring anyway, should be on the bench.

Subs:

Agbonlahor: 6 - Game was over when he came on. No space to do what he does best and stretch the opposition team.

Sinclair: 6 - Good going forward. Too bad he didn't sign before last week, then he would have started the game.

Westwood: 7 - Way better than all the other midfielders. And had a great shot on target. Gave him a rating only because he is a class above others and showed it in the 15 minutes he got.

Lambert: 2  - Why change style so dramatically against Arsenal? He has a team that is good in defense and good in counter attack. Game made for Gabby, yet went in Barcelona style with high pressing. Leave experimenting for pre-season.

Next game: Start with Gabby on top, with Sinclair and Weimann on each side. Need hard workers and pace against Chelsea. Cleverly or Sanchez out of the team for Westwood.

Edited by momo
  • Like 2

I think you're being generous giving Lambert a 2. That was his worst all round display as our manager on the day, and that is saying something.

Well he didn't sit in the dugout and laugh. He did try to push them. So I gave him more than 1.

Just got back from the Emirates.

That was a woeful, disgraceful and humiliating performance - make no mistake about it we are the laughing stock of football.

The starting 11 was all wrong and it continued awful from there. What does Cleverley have to do to get dropped!

Lambert out.

I'm gonna get shot down in flames here...bar Sanchez who had a mare I don't think we gave away the ball consistently. We are passing it around well. Big problem of course is we have no penetration and next to zero goal threat which is a real worry. Lambert got his tactics wrong. You've got to be really tight with your marking when pushing up so much, especially with their pace. They counter attacked and killed us with deadly finishing in the second half. I saw some signs of encouagement in our play though. Just don't use those tactics against the better sides

Apart from their overall ability the thing that set the arsenal plays above ours is their energy. As soon as they get possession they have about five players busting a gut to get into the box. We get the ball and our players are all jogging along behind the play or standing there doing nothing.

• Like 1

I'm still trying to work out what Richardson was doing for there second , seriously he was on the edge of there box the next minute he got tackled by a bit of wind , Arsenal counter attacked made it 2-0 then the rest was history .

Felt slightly sorry for Sanchez his distribution was awful but his tackling and get a little toe into things was great , if only we could melt down Sanchez and Westwood and turn them into one player he'd be excellent .

Has Cleverley actually got it wrote in his contract that he has to start every game if fit , if this is the case will someone please cipple this bastard in training .

Some ratings for yesterday

Guzan - 5 - Don't think he did much wrong apart from the penalty, which he'll be disappointed to have given away and not to have saved it. Granted I haven't seen the last goal but didn't think there was much he could have done about the rest

Richardson - 4 - Pretty poor game. Not as bad as some people made out, but definitely not great

Clark and Okore - 4 - These guys are great, but something was wrong yesterday. Seemed all over the place and communication seemed poor. Completely out of sync for their first goal and that set the tone.

Hutton - 5 - Probably the best of the back four, but still nothing special

Sanchez - 2 - One of the worst performances I can remember. I like him and I think he's a good player, but he was absolutely shocking yesterday.

Delph - 5 - some drives forward but pretty ineffective. No end product or final pass

Cleverley - 4 - Meh

Gil - 7 - Already our best player. The only one who came out of yesterday's game with any credit

Weimann - 6 - gets points for workrate and his headed chance, although he probably should have done better. Seems to link up with Gil well.

Benteke - 4 - Shite, but has limited supply to work with

Lambert - just the wrong approach to take against Arsenal. I don't particularly object to the possession based football we're playing. It COULD work in the long run. but it's absolutely not the way to play against a team like Arsenal. Poor.

• Like 1

Okore: 5 - Why was he just walking towards the opposition half and reacting only after Özil had passed over his head? He needed to hold the line with Clark.

He should have held the line, but I think he was expecting Ozil to bring the ball down and so was getting ready to face up to him. The flick over his head was sublime to be fair to Ozil. It's not like Okore knew he was going to do it.

I actually hold Clark more at fault for that goal. He can see okore, he should be pushing up to create the offside line or communicating to his fellow CB. The gap between them was too big at that point anyway. very dangerous.

• Like 2

Â