Carles Gil

bose

Gil showed some promising signs yesterday - not just, as others have pointed out, his rapport with Sanchez, but also the way that he and Weimann combined. We know that Weimann can run, but recently it's been restricted to chasing lost balls and closing down opposition defenders, so it'll be interesting to see what he can create now that he's got someone with the ability to play a more purposeful through-ball.

Also great to see Gil make direct runs at the opposition in dangerous areas, something we've lacked for a long time.

Edit - Also also, it was amazing the way the demeanour of the whole side changed the moment he came on. Suddenly Benteke and Gabby started trying. Gave the whole team a lift.

Edited by Villanun
  • Like 3

I accept it was only 30 minutes but Gil showed more skill in that time than the rest our squad combined all season. MOTD and Football First Highlights really didn't give a sense of how good he was. He gave us tremendous momentum and is going to be a real star IMO. He was largely responsible for our 10-15 minute revival when we could/should have scored. Their 2nd then took the wind out of our sails.

I doubt that we have much hope against Chelsea or Arsenal but am looking forward to the Bournemouth game to see if he continues in the same vein. Despite all the fears that Bournemouth will beat us, I think we will get a result, that Gil will shine and that the game will potentially renew confidence throughout the squad.

Claret and Blue tinted glasses on for the next 7 days!

• Like 2

I accept it was only 30 minutes but Gil showed more skill in that time than the rest our squad combined all season. MOTD and Football First Highlights really didn't give a sense of how good he was. He gave us tremendous momentum and is going to be a real star IMO. He was largely responsible for our 10-15 minute revival when we could/should have scored. Their 2nd then took the wind out of our sails.

I doubt that we have much hope against Chelsea or Arsenal but am looking forward to the Bournemouth game to see if he continues in the same vein. Despite all the fears that Bournemouth will beat us, I think we will get a result, that Gil will shine and that the game will potentially renew confidence throughout the squad.

How do you think this team/manager would fare in the championship? I think we'd just about be a playoff team, and we are about to play by far the best team in the division at opposite ends of the form/confidence spectrum. I admire your confidence.

I also admire Gil's confidence. Let's hope it isn't drained from him.

How do you think this team/manager would fare in the championship? I think we'd just about be a playoff team, and we are about to play by far the best team in the division at opposite ends of the form/confidence spectrum. I admire your confidence.

If it comes to that I very much doubt t would be the same team come the end of the season. I would guess a number would be off to pastures new. As for the manager I very much hope he would pay the ultimate price for taking us down.

However don't mistake my comments for "confidence" that we will click. Hopefulness would be a better word. For 15 minutes yesterday I saw something and am hopeful that it will lead to better days and the tide turning. But don't ask me to bet on it. My confidence is a fragile as the team's and that of the support.

Like everyone else I am sick of this and even if we survive will find it very difficult to have faith in Lambert's ability to take us further next season.

Its difficult to say but I really think the championship is poor. We should be good enough to finish in the top 2. Bournemouth I have been impressed with, Derby look ordinary without Jordan Ibe, Ipswich are poor. There's seriously nothing there that should worry us. 

Â