Carles Gil

bose

Yeah,  for sure. I'd like to see him and Ayew learn to play together as I think they could form a good understanding. Jordan making the right runs and Gil picking him out with some nice passes.

Without a solid defence and mobile attack, I think it's pretty difficult to judge the creative players last season.  There was no consistent shape or team from Tim and Remi played so conservatively to try to stop us being beaten.  And the less said about KMac and Black the better.  There were maybe 2 or 3 games all season when we set out to attack.  Too depressing to think back on, but I still think Gil, Grealish and Veretout could offer so much more with a secure back 5 and sharper striker.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

meh couldnt care less. the massive hype was embarrassing for the worst playmaker ive seen in years and would be useless in Championship. Happy with 2million for him

What "massive hype"?!

Apparently Celta Vigo are sniffing around.  They've just finished 6th in La Liga and will be competing in Europe.  Terrible player though, absolute wank :crylaugh:

• Like 3

In Zatman's defence there were a few posters on here last season saying Gil was comfortably a 10m player if we were to lose him this summer which I had a good chuckle about.

There was another odd one that we had in our squad some players as good as in Leicester team and he mentioned Gil as one of them who would play for them. I looked, saw Mahrez in a similar position and had another good chuckle.

That's probably the hype Zatman is on about.

• Like 2

Had such high hopes for him after that Bournemouth screamer last season(?). I like him but cannot last a full game and while he's quite a tidy player in possession he's just not going to work in the Championship. He'd get absolutely battered.

50 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

In Zatman's defence there were a few posters on here last season saying Gil was comfortably a 10m player if we were to lose him this summer which I had a good chuckle about.

There was another odd one that we had in our squad some players as good as in Leicester team and he mentioned Gil as one of them who would play for them. I looked, saw Mahrez in a similar position and had another good chuckle.

That's probably the hype Zatman is on about.

or my favourite that I rather Gil here than previous manager next season, when that happened Gil was even worse

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

or my favourite that I rather Gil here than previous manager next season, when that happened Gil was even worse

I'd rather have Gil here than Tim Sherwood... still ;)

• Like 3

Gils form went downhill with the rest of the team, the usual over dramatisation of how "shite" he is are far fetched. As I have said he has seemed too lightweight at times, but it is obvious there is a quality player there, doesn't necessarily make him a good fit, but with a proper team around him he would be much better. He is not the type of player to be constantly chasing misplaced passes and fighting for the ball.

• Like 1

My favourite was when we lost 5-0 to Arsenal, a game he was awful in and delivered some of the worst corners in memory. He was getting praised on here, I knew then that in some eyes he could do no wrong. He was spanish and left footed therefore a cut above.

• Like 1

I genuinely believe he can be a good footballer, but it won't happen in the championship. The premier league is tough enough for smaller players, so the championship would just be impossible. Very few smaller player succeed there unless they are wingers. 

Get some decent money for him and we'll be laughing. Its testament to how utterly dire we are that a player of Gils calibre is held with such esteem.

Not one of the biggest culprits last season and he'll leave with my best wishes but he has flattered to deceive. As others have highlighted, he has his limitations and I'm sure we can do better than starting with him-Even in the championship. What does that tell you?

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just a couple pages ago someone was saying how no La Liga team would want him. That's in addition to Celta Vigo from what I know.:rolleyes:

Zigic played for Valancia in the Champions League. It's almost as if clubs make mistakes with signings.

22 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Zigic played for Valancia in the Champions League. It's almost as if clubs make mistakes with signings.

Like Lecicester with Albrighton, Burnley with Lowton. Well he must have been doing quite well. lol. Surely logic like this also means Benteke is tripe?

I think WE make more mistakes than most.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Like Lecicester with Albrighton, Burnley with Lowton. Well he must have been doing quite well. lol. Surely logic like this also means Benteke is tripe?

Eh? I said teams sometimes make mistakes. Not sure why that means Benteke is crap.

13 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Eh? I said teams sometimes make mistakes. Not sure why that means Benteke is crap.

Well he can't get a look in at Liverpool. Emile Heskey was also once a lethal striker, when Zigic was playing champions League he must have merited his place their in someones view. My point is that, my point was almost as useless as yours.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â