Carles Gil

bose

14 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The trouble is we need more regular goals like goals on the counter and from corners etc. A wonder goal every 6 games is not enough unfortunately.

Maybe our supposed strikers would like to start contributing then?

It's not Gil's fault that the hod carriers in our team can't do their jobs properly.

9 hours ago, lmarsha_926 said:

Played 18 league games for Villa yet to be on the winning team

This shit has been seen through a million times.

Lies and statistics.

Leicester away - 2-0 up, Gil comes off, lose 3-2.

Maybe it was his fault for coming off?

Edited by Shaw_nuff
spelling
  • Like 3

Astonishing when you put it like that.

That is crazy, although I think Gareth Bale went even longer at Tottenham and they turned out alright.

• Like 1

This shit has been seen through a million times.

Lies and statistics.

Leister away - 2-0 up, Gil comes off, lose 3-2.

Maybe it was his fault for coming off?

I don't think he was having a go at Gil?

Regardless, it's a bit of a pointless stat.

Aston Villa - No wins in 19 games.

• Like 3

Still not a big fan of his, but that finish was one incredible touch.  Very impressive.

But one good finish in hours of playing time with hundreds of wasted "dribbling" across the midfield is not enough to change my overall view.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't think he was having a go at Gil?

Regardless, it's a bit of a pointless stat.

Aston Villa - No wins in 19 games.

It's a meaningless stat.

Did Ayew play in the Bournemouth game? If not then his stats must be very similar to that and he's been one of our best players.

• Like 4

Yeah useless stat. Our whole team probably has a win percentage lower than our points total.

Gil will improve.. people forget he is a young player still as well.. finding his feed in another country. Next season if we keep him he will be flying.. whichever league we are in. He will destroy the championship.

Iniesta is the same height and just two kilos heavier. Gil can easily gain that with maturity.

i'm not saying Carles is in the same league before anyone starts, but the PL infatuation with bulk is getting tiresome. Not every outfield player has to be built like a tank.

This isn't a personal vendetta either. I'm 6'3" and 14 stone with the turning circle of a barge.

• Like 2

I'd love to play him in his proper position, but I don't think the rest of our midfield is good enough to allow him to play such a free and creative role, unfortunately.

He's the sort of player we should have signed five years ago when we had a team that was hard to beat but lacking creativity and relying on the counter-attack. That's the time we should have adapted our style of play. Unfortunately after MON left we sold too many of our best players and the team was left weak and unstable. That's when you should be rebuilding to make yourself hard to beat again and then you kick on with adapting to a more creative style of play from there. We skipped a vital step along the way, all in my opinion of course.

Now I just think there is a bad vibe about the club behind the scenes and that is the true issue here. We really need Lerner to sell up. It's just a sad state of affairs that it's probably going to take relegation for that to happen.

Maybe in a few years time we'll see this as the moment that was inevitable but necessary for us to be reborn. Perhaps the last few seasons of us slowly drowning but just surviving were more painful than if we'd just dropped sooner rather than later, like slowly taking off a plaster instead of just giving it a quick tug. That's the only hope I'm holding onto at the moment, anyway. Sad times.

Sorry, went a bit off topic there :P

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It's not the only reason, cresswells goal was a great strike as well. But there was no cover and the LB, not a winger, had all that space to get his shot off.  The lack of cover definetly played a part. Laugh all you want. I'll wait for you to find a similar situation that Adama cost us. 

You'll be waiting a long time sunshine - no weird vendettas here :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

I'd love to play him in his proper position, but I don't think the rest of our midfield is good enough to allow him to play such a free and creative role, unfortunately.

He's the sort of player we should have signed five years ago when we had a team that was hard to beat but lacking creativity and relying on the counter-attack. That's the time we should have adapted our style of play. Unfortunately after MON left we sold too many of our best players and the team was left weak and unstable. That's when you should be rebuilding to make yourself hard to beat again and then you kick on with adapting to a more creative style of play from there. We skipped a vital step along the way, all in my opinion of course.

Now I just think there is a bad vibe about the club behind the scenes and that is the true issue here. We really need Lerner to sell up. It's just a sad state of affairs that it's probably going to take relegation for that to happen.

Maybe in a few years time we'll see this as the moment that was inevitable but necessary for us to be reborn. Perhaps the last few seasons of us slowly drowning but just surviving were more painful than if we'd just dropped sooner rather than later, like slowly taking off a plaster instead of just giving it a quick tug. That's the only hope I'm holding onto at the moment, anyway. Sad times.

Sorry, went a bit off topic there :P

In your first few paragraphs, I think you are spot on.

We have had times in the past when Gil would have been perfect for us, when we had no guile and creativity......now its the other way around.

The balance of the team is all at sea.

Of all the other creative players we have he would be the one to build around......He is a good player in a team that can't accommodate his talent unfortunately.

Its likely we will lose players like him and be back to square one again.

We just can't seem to get the team balance right.

11 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Still not a big fan of his, but that finish was one incredible touch.  Very impressive.

But one good finish in hours of playing time with hundreds of wasted "dribbling" across the midfield is not enough to change my overall view.

when playing in a team that has about as much movement as Stephen Hawking's little toe, then yes his dribbles are mostly wasted.

• Like 1

Â