Carles Gil

bose

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's not trying enough if his lack of cover has led to 2 goals in 2 games. 

It's still more cover than Adama gives.

Also, you really need to get over that people don't like Adama's lack of defensive work.  If you can't, please at least stop derailing other threads (like this one) with conspiracy theories etc.

• Like 1

Did nobody notice that Bacuna was meant to be giving protection down that side?  He left Hutton exposed a number of times.  Gil should be playing centrally and let him and Ayew give us something decent in attack with their movement. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Classy.

I still don't understand those that throw personal insults around like this.

Cheers I was aiming for classy.

It's a site for football fans.  Sometimes posts and opinions can be colourful especially when it helps to more adequately express ones personal feelings on a specific player.

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Cheers I was aiming for classy.

It's a site for football fans.  Sometimes posts and opinions can be colourful especially when it helps to more adequately express ones personal feelings on a specific player.

Each to their own.

Calling our player a prick because he's not as good at football as you'd like him to be is pretty dumb, in my book.

Edited by Stevo985

It's not because he is not as good as I would like him to be.  I have no issue in quality of their professional abilities that is something that is not their fault.

For me I do not like his application of his abilities and his attitude.  I happen to believe he puts himself first second and last and the team / club is nowhere in there.  I believe he has a billy big bollox attitude and that he has brought that with him coming from citeh.  I fully suspect one of the reasons why he is not playing right back is because of him and his terms (obviously I doubt they are written terms).  I did not like the way he publically responded to criticism when called out by a fellow professional footballer.  Afterall when you are captain of a team who is bottom having won one game all season you should expect a little criticism.  His qualities are not suited to being a centre back.  They are better suited to being a right back.  The majority of those following the club can see this.  It is,  IMO,  purely down to his own wishes that he is not played at right back.  That is why I refered to him in that way as it is my opinion of him.  Not really because his quality is not high,  if that were the case I'd refer to most of the first team squad in that way.  I refered to him in that manner as it is an attitude issue not an ability issue

3 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I don't want to see Gestede anywhere near out starting lineup.

In spite of Jack's embarrassing level of effort this week i'd still go with.

Adama------------Gil--------------Grealish

-------------------Ayew------------------------

I want to see Gestede when we actually play to his strengths and not leave him alone up top. We need people running off of him and getting crosses in. I think this might work well:

Adama------------Gil----------------Ayew

------------------Gestede------------------

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So he's a prick because he's not being played in the position you'd like him to be played in?

Like I said, each to their own. Seems pretty pathetic to me.

No I think you ought to read my post again Steve,  but hey I dont really need to justify myself or the language I use to you.  Suggest if you are that sensitive about it you click ignore

21 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

He was the right sided central midfielder, he covered plenty of times but didn't on other occasions. Did you watch the game?

I did thanks. Just didn't understand how Bacuna could be tasked with helping Hutton when he was playing central midfield. 

That seems like it would have left gaping holes in the centre?

Maybe I missed him being tasked with supporting Hutton.

31 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

So Carles scores some decent goals then, doesn't he?

He does. He seems to give almost nothing else though. 

Forget his defensive work, which is crap, my issue is his lack of end product outside of the occasional screamer. Right now he's scoring enough of those occasional screamers (per minute played) to earn a bit of good will from me. Same as with Sinclair until he stopped scoring. 

To be honest, there's not a lot between Gil and Sinclair for me. Gil has better close control, Sinclair the burst of pace. Neither one good enough to be starting for a mid table Premier League side IMO. Luckily for them I guess that we aren't one. 

He was the right sided central midfielder, he covered plenty of times but didn't on other occasions. Did you watch the game?

I did thanks. Just didn't understand how Bacuna could be tasked with helping Hutton when he was playing central midfield. 

That seems like it would have left gaping holes in the centre?

Maybe I missed him being tasked with supporting Hutton.

What? It's been a regular thing for our left and right sided central midfielders to be providing cover for our full backs...

1 minute ago, Bunnski said:

What? It's been a regular thing for our left and right sided central midfielders to be providing cover for our full backs...

Surely it depends on who is doing what at any given time? They should all be covering for each other. Without knowing their specific positions at each individual moment it;s hard to know who to "blame". Only that as a team, they're not cutting it. 

To try and sell Gil as being decent at defensive duties is ludicrous though. He might be better than Adama and Grealish, I'll give him that. 

• Like 1

Surely it depends on who is doing what at any given time? They should all be covering for each other. Without knowing their specific positions at each individual moment it;s hard to know who to "blame". Only that as a team, they're not cutting it. 

To try and sell Gil as being decent at defensive duties is ludicrous though. He might be better than Adama and Grealish, I'll give him that. 

I never said he was decent at defensive duties, was just pointing out that Bacuna should be covering better and I'd rather have Gil in a central position.

Just now, Bunnski said:

I never said he was decent at defensive duties, was just pointing out that Bacuna should be covering better and I'd rather have Gil in a central position.

Ok. 

Think Bacuna does a fine job myself, never stops running. 

I'd rather have Veretout central. 

4 hours ago, Richard said:

Not tracking back for the goal wouldnt have been an issue if we had remotely more mobile and aware defenders than that useless prick Richards

100% 

If Gil was at 'fault' for the goal it was nothing compared to Richards' contribution. 

2 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

I still don't quite understand how you know that Bacuna was supposed to be covering/supporting Hutton from central midfield.

I'm not saying you are wrong I'm just wondering how you know this.

Â