Carles Gil

bose

I thought we were much better yesterday after he came on, though I don't necessarily think he had a good game. Maybe it was just down to the shape of the side but we looked more threatening. 

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The lengths people go to in order to justify Gil as a footballer..

He is an absolutely nothing footballer, I don't want neat and tidy, anybody can do that. I want goal(s), assist(s), cutting edge passing,beating a man.

He can't do any of those things. If he was called Charles Hill I wonder if people would see anything in him.

The lengths people go to in order to go against the grain for the sake of it. Justify Gil as a footballer, word? As opposed to justifying him as a rugby player? This is almost supernova level of posting for effect.

• Like 1

He's technically so good, and has scored some of the loveliest goals I've seen for us in years.  I just hope he gets a run in the number 10 role one day with Adama and Ayew's pace to utilise.  If not, he'll do well for a mid table Spanish team.

He's definitely good enough to be in our team, even if he is lightweight. If we are playing with Ayew up front on his own, Gil should be no.10. This would have been more effective at Norwich.

Or if we are playing a diamond, he should be behind the 2 strikers with Veretout playing from slightly deeper. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

He's definitely good enough to be in our team, even if he is lightweight. If we are playing with Ayew up front on his own, Gil should be no.10. This would have been more effective at Norwich.

Or if we are playing a diamond, he should be behind the 2 strikers with Veretout playing from slightly deeper. 

It's as simple as that. He's an offensive player who needs to play in the middle. If you can't play him there don't play him at all.

Â