Carles Gil

bose

Maybe he felt that Gil is still getting used to the league and/or he feels the team would have been too lightweight away from home.

Yeah, because in his first couple of games for us, he really looked like he needed to be given time to get used to the league!?

• Like 4

Maybe he felt that Gil is still getting used to the league and/or he feels the team would have been too lightweight away from home.

Yeah, because in his first couple of games for us, he really looked like he needed to be given time to get used to the league!?

I think Gil should have played vs Newcastle and would like to see him play vs West Brom.

But if we're looking at potential reasons why Sherwood might have left him out then Sherwood played him once in the league and maybe he felt Gil didn't do that well. Also, away from home he may choose to start one of Gil and Sinclair and felt Sinclair had impressed him more since he arrived.

All possible reasons but I sure hope Gil is back in the team!

I assume he wasn't 100% and is being saved for the WBA games.

I still think we should be playing him and Bacuna with Benteke

Sinclair has shown the occasional flashes of brilliance but when not doing that has the tendency to go missing and offer nothing.

Bacuna would be more consistently seen and also has the potential for the occasional brilliance.

The only explaination could be he isn't 100% fit and is being saved for the West Brom games.

I'm not so sure -  I think that is the most likely explanation but it is not the only possible one IMO.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

I hope he plays tuesday. He has to play! The fans will soon loose patience with Sherwood if Sinclair starts ahead of him and we loose again. 

Sinclair has been good in the home games so far....to me it should be Gil and Sinclair either side of Benteke or if you bring Bacuna in... you can play Gil centrally.

Keep Gabby and Weimann glued to the bench please.

• Like 1

I hope he plays tuesday. He has to play! The fans will soon loose patience with Sherwood if Sinclair starts ahead of him and we loose again.

Sinclair has been good in the home games so far....to me it should be Gil and Sinclair either side of Benteke or if you bring Bacuna in... you can play Gil centrally.

Keep Gabby and Weimann glued to the bench please.

Gabby & weiman at bodymoor Heath please

The only explaination could be he isn't 100% fit and is being saved for the West Brom games.

I'm not so sure - I think that is the most likely explanation but it is not the only possible one IMO.
Its the only possible one where its actually the right decision.
  • Like 1

YEah but direct play also means having players for Benteke to knock the ball down to, and also getting the ball out wide to deliver decent balls in.

It makes no sense, regardless of what system we're playing, to leave Carles out.

Can only assume he's not fully fit.

Otherwise it's baffling.

Fit enough to be on the bench but not fit enough to play at least some part? Doesn't make much sense to me, why would you put someone who isn't fit enough to play at all on the bench?
I hate it when people make this comment.

It's definitely possible that a player, who is not fully-fit, could still play for a short time (20-30 mins) if it seems like we're missing what said player offers.

Why play him from the start, if he'd be on his arse by half time? But also, why not include him on the bench if he's arguably one of your better players?

As it happens, maybe Sherwood thought that adding Gil's creativity might not help us get back into the game, as he was also a bit of a liability in deeper positions against Stoke.

Â