Carles Gil

bose

At Spurs Sherwood played Eriksen on the left of a midfield four but with a licence to drift centrally. I'd like to see him do something similar with Gil as orthodox winger he is not.

I think he has to be honest.

Gil lined up on the right yesterday but he spent a lot of time coming centrally and even on the left.

He barely found the ball in central positions inbetween the lines, around the box though. You may be right in that it wasn't down to instruction/set-up though but hopefully that will be worked on. It was all too predictable.

If we continue to play the long diagonal ball to Benteke then he may as well not play.  We need to use his strengths.

Yes, agree with the bit about playing to Gil's strengths.

Although I think we should play some long diagonal balls to Benteke but just mix it up so we get Gil enough of the ball too.

If we continue to play the long diagonal ball to Benteke then he may as well not play.  We need to use his strengths.

Yes funny enough the slow passing game may have suited him better than the more direct approach. He's a key player for us, Sherwood needs to utilise him well. 

Gil's movement along with the movement of Sinclair and Weimann should cause teams all sorts of hell. I'd go for this:

Benteke

Sinclair                   Gil                    Weimann

Delph            Westwood

Aly            Clark         Okore/Senderos    Hutton

Guzan

• Like 1

I think we need to play him in a central position.  If we play him out wide we are often left with no one out wide because he's constantly coming inside to try and get the ball.

Could also be a key player behind benteke and I'm sure he'd be much more intelligent than gabby in trying to read benteke winning headers.

I personally think he is to left footed to be played central.

This makes no sense. Eriksen is left footed as are many attacking mids thats play centrally. 

Edited by tomh621

Â