New manager

reykjavik

I'd rather we be a bit more adventerous than names like Pulis, Allardyce, Moyes and Sherwood. Although I realise that probably sounds quite crazy considering our position. But I think we need something new.

Edited by useless

Moyes would be perfect for Villa but I don't believe there is a chance of him leaving Spain for us now.

UNLEASH THE GILLET

If he keeps us up, he can wear a Birmingham City onesy for all I care !

No mate we won't allow that unless it's one of Tim's terms!

• Like 1

I can't believe some of you tbh, Wednesday morning was probably the lowest point for me as a Villa fan in 20 odd years, I'd never lost complete faith the way I had with lambert. I'd say we were doomed if we hadn't acted, the local media recognised this, I'd say 90 odd percent of the fanbase recognised this. Hence the club acted, if you disagree with that decision you're an idiot.

Fastforward 3 days and you've all started turning your noses up at everybody mentioned (deja vu a la mclaren), I'm sorry that's pathetic and embarrassing, I'd have taken Barry f##king fry Wednesday morning such was the depths we'd started to sink to under lambert, the bloke has released a flowery statement praising the club and it's like some of you have forgotten the horror that has been his tenure, frankly coco the clown will be an improvement on that period for our club. Whoever gets the job will get a fresh slate with me and my full support, I'll judge based on their time here and that's all, some of the comments are utterly ridiculous on this thread, I'm convinced some of you are suffering from the onset of alzhemiers, such is your ability to forget the very real horror we've been subjected to. Comments of "if we get him I'm done with the club" good, we don't need your kinda supporter anyway, go support citeh you plastic imbecile. Whomever comes in has a huge job as is without the added headache of a divisive fanbase, as a Villa fan they will (and should) get my full support till the end of the season and I'll reserve judgement until at least next Christmas.

Weve scored 12 goals all season - kept hardly any clean sheets, our star striker is way out of form.

Its a scenario that any manager could walk into and fail - so I wouldn't be screaming for David Moyes over Tim Sherwood for example.  The fustrating thing is that the guy who could almost certainly have saved us 'Pullis' was sitting on his hands until a few weeks ago...

If it is Sherwood then I would hope it is a short term appointment and then review the situation in the summer depending on what division we are in.

If we're making a longer term appointment now then, given his lack of manager experience, he would be a huge risk.  

• Like 1

If it is Sherwood then I would hope it is a short term appointment and then review the situation in the summer depending on what division we are in.

If we're making a longer term appointment now then, given his lack of manager experience, he would be a huge risk.  

He won't come on short contact - It will probably be a 3 year deal - but with only a nominal compensation if we axe him...

No matter who comes in you would expect players to up their game to impress, it's the norm. Players will be playing for their futures. Yes some may see their futures away from Villa like possibly Benteke but he'll have to impress people outside the club so we will see an improvement of sorts, it's just how long it lasts.

I don't see how Moues would be a boring appointment, he is just what we need. See his time at Everton, not United.

• Like 1

Do we have a better squad than West Ham? Do we have more money to spend? If not, why would he come here when he's having a very good season and will finish significantly higher in the table? What can we offer him that West Ham don't?

Job security past the summer. But that all depends on what discussions he has had with the West Ham board.
Because coming to a club that could have a new owner in the summer offers him greater job security? West Ham are about to take off with a free new stadium and the new TV deal, we are a long way off that kind of opportunity for a manager.

We need a manager who can lay the foundations for that sort of success by avoiding relegation and having a good summer transfer market and preseason so we are well away from the bottom 3 this time next year. A manager wanting trophies will not come now, with the club effectively being for sale and the money available to invest we become an even less attractive proposition,

He isn't guaranteed to be there past the summer. His contract runs out and no talk of another and it doesn't look like we will have a new owner any time soon.

He isn't guaranteed past the summer if he comes here and signs a 5 year deal either. Randy could sell in June, regardless of the other considerations.

I agree. But as i said before if he knows from talks with the board there that he isn't getting a new contract. Getting a big contract here offers more security despite any potential takeover.

It's all pie in the sky thinking anyway as West Ham would be crazy not to offer him a new deal with what he has done there.

He won't come on short contact - It will probably be a 3 year deal - but with only a nominal compensation if we axe him...

Has he actually said that?

I wouldn't be surprised if we bring someone in short term with a decent bonus if they keep us up.

However, if it is a 3 year deal with a nominal compensation then at least it protects us to some degree.

I want us to take a huge risk. If its Sherwood then so be it. Hes not the same old name hes not the same old style. The club needs to do something different.

We here on this board are screaming for us to do something different or move differently than we have been. 

We are not all going to agree over the new manager but we agree something had to be done. Whatever happens at the end of the season we can look back at this point with perfect retrospect.

I for one want to say that at least we made a leap of faith on someone that could have been good.

Has he actually said that?

I wouldn't be surprised if we bring someone in short term with a decent bonus if they keep us up.

However, if it is a 3 year deal with a nominal compensation then at least it protects us to some degree.

No - but he has nothing to gain by signing a deal until the end of the season - I don't believe he would go for that.

probably a big bonus if he keeps us up - but a nominal pay off if we go down.

If he does come and relegate us - I hope we don't piss about with him - his brief is to keep us up - if he fails get rid...

I'd be surprised if Sherwood is the only option, it could be a ploy to smoke out other interested parties.

I just don't see what Sherwood has done to justify a job at Villa, he might be a success, but i have my reservations.I think it would be a massive gamble, and considering some of the options out there, i think a poor appointment.