New manager

reykjavik

The ironic thing is I honestly believe If Lerner has anything to do with recruiting the next manager there is not a chance it will be Sherwood. Lerner clearly likes nice guys that he can bend over as he pleases. So once the majority of fans will hope Lerner is involved.

If we recruit Sherwood it will be Fox's call and it's one that I'm convinced will be the right choice until the end of the season.

Guys what did you expect it's not like there's a lot of options out there?

this comes up every time and it's false, there are options out there and certainly better options than Tim Sherwood.

I really don't think there are many out there right now.

Guys what did you expect it's not like there's a lot of options out there?

this comes up every time and it's false, there are options out there and certainly better options than Tim Sherwood.

Like?

It all depends If Lerner wants to protect his investment,

He can afford to put the right package together and we could attract pretty much anyone.

Just depends how bad Lerner wants it!

what about get Emma Stone in as manager and she says

"whoever scores the most can smash me after the game"

Because a 0-0-10 formation would see us relegated?

Is Guzan gay or something?!

Nah, he's also taken on coaching duties and during the game he'd be warming her up!

The only good thing about sherwood is he has been at a few matches so would know who he could rely on and who he couldn't and probably has solutions already in his head he did the same at Tottenham. I'm pretty sure however this being a less experienced type of squad compared to Tottenham they won't appreciate being called gutless in public, even if that is what is needed. Obviously they aren't immune to criticism but I felt at time Sherwood went too far especially after that Chelsea defeat. For what it's worth I'd give him my support if it is him but I will be very surprised if what looks like a 3/4 year deal that he actually sees it out.

Times are reporting this morning that it's Sherwood's to loose - Fox is really impressed with him, apparently.

My worry with Tim Sherwood is his back room staff are at QPR and he didn't get the job at QPR. Also, Sherwood gets the job at Villa, who are his back room staff going to be?

There is a risk in whoever we choose - but is Tim our man? Really?

It amazes me that all of us lot, essentially a bunch of fellas who actually spend part of their real life talking about a crap football team on the internet, know more about Tim Sherwood and how he behaves behind the scenes whilst managing a football club than all these people who work in the football industry for a living.

If he was really that much of a tool do you think any of these clubs would go anywhere near him?  He's apparently been offered roles at other clubs and turned them down for one reason or another, so people who do this thing for a job seem to think highly of him.

How does this one bloke who wrote a blog about Spurs know so much about the political machinations of Tim Sherwood when everyone actively involved in the running of football clubs is seemingly oblivious to it?

• Like 3

LOL

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/558061/Aston-Villa-Shock-Move-Tony-Pulis-West-Brom

Aston Villa make SHOCK move for West Brom's Tony Pulis

ASTON VILLA have made discreet inquiries through intermediaries to ascertain the value of Tony Pulis’ escape clause at rivals West Bromwich Albion

It is understood West Brom would be entitled to around £2.25m in compensation.

More formal contact has also been made with the representatives of Tim Sherwood as Villa continue their search for a new manager after Paul Lambert was sacked this week

While no official approach has been made to West Brom, the third party collating information on Pulis’ contract has strong links with Villa owner Randy Lerner.

The size of compensation West Brom would be due if Pulis ever leaves, prior to his contract running out, needs to be put in perspective given the £60m bonanza staying in the Premier League brings.

The new domestic £5B TV deal announced this week shows that figure is only going to rise in the future.

Pulis succeeded Alan Irvine at The Hawthorns at the start of January and he has already had a positive impact losing just once in five league matches.

He has never experienced relegation as a manager and successfully kept Crystal Palace in the top flight last season having taken on a seemingly hopeless situation.

Lambert was dismissed after Villa dropped into the bottom three following a run of 10 games without a win in which they have only scored two goals.

Can you imagine their crushed little stripey baggie faces? I'd do it just for that.

Yep I'd pay them whatever they want just to see this!

• Like 1

Find my position softening in Sherwood from being vehemently opposed to a bit meh. If Sherwood comes in who would be his assistants? Say it was someone more experienced like Ray Wilkins and some like Ugo, might be a good management team. Pure speculation on my part.

If hoddle was his assistant we would have a chance of staying up

I would have taken hoddle as a manager until the summer

I don't buy all this "oh he hasn't been a manager in ages" bollocks.

Football hasn't changed to a completely different game. He watches it every day. He analyses it every day. He would get out attacking unit firing no problems and command immediate respect from our players.

The fact that he could be second fiddle to Tim Sherwood is an absolute joke but if it means he can influence Sherwood then I'm all for it

I know Hoddle hasn't been a Manager for a long time, but him being Sherwood's Assistant seems a bit back to front to me. But then again I wouldn't want Hoddle as Manager or Sherwood.

Edited by useless