New manager

reykjavik

The bloke has 4 months experienced and he's turned down PL jobs?

I don't somebody with that much of an ego here.

Or alternatively, not just accepting the first offer that came along suggests someone who believes in their own ability.

• Like 1

nothing to do with ego, its about finding the right job. if you take the wrong job you won't get another one in a hurry. 

With 4 months managing experience, you take any job you can get.

The more I think about Sherwood, the more I like the idea.

So what if he is arrogant and likely to ruffle feathers? The current squad wasn't playing for a 'nice manager' so maybe a change of personality is needed and if that means Sherwood calls out a few under performing players in public then so be it.

I think there is an element of Gregory about him... media savvy, outspoken and occasionally prone to saying the wrong thing... but I think he is the sort of character who can get an instant reaction and that is exactly what we need. In my opinion we were spinelessly sliding out of the Premier League this season with Lambert and had to act. I'd rather roll the dice with Sherwood than put up with the unsufferable football dished up by Lambert.

Sherwood wouldn't have been my first choice, that would have been Allardyce, but if he appointed manager then he deserves a chance. I find it laughable that people are writing him off before one game yet quite happily backed the previous manager through thick and much more thin times.

• Like 2

We will not be hiring a manager for 4 months. I have no idea why people keep raising this idea of a 'short term deal', no potential manager worth his salt will sign up for that.  

The next appointment will be a 3 year deal. Who knows if we are capable of getting it remotely right though. 

• Like 1

the people writing off Sherwood need to get a grip. He is obviously a coaching talent because he worked his way up to the manager role at spurs. he played attacking football. i think he would be great.

Worked his way up? It was the equivalent of blow jobs to progress.

According to one completely random blog written by a guy in no way connected to the club whatsoever based on a few disparaging words from AVB (another total word removed).

Sure, OK.

He's miles from my first choice, but as with Lambert before him there are more than enough reasons for that rather than having to make things up.

No according to my friends, members of Vectis Spurs.

Cheers though.

Sorry, I forgot. ALL spurs fans are ITK. 

Spuds fans are some of the most deluded in the country. We've seen enough evidence of that!  :)

Or alternatively, not just accepting the first offer that came along suggests someone who believes in their own ability.

Someone should tell that to Tom Fox

He lost 10 matches during his short tenure at Spurs with a much better team, quite an achievement. This guy will take us down. Plus he wants a contract beyond what his blank CV dictates.

We've flipped the coin once, lets not do it twice.

Edited by supernova26

Nobody is going to come in for the short term and I don't think that is even a good idea.

Ill take someone who isn't another yes man to Lerner and a 'We go again'. Sherwood at least speaks his mind and says it how it is. Players got too comfortable under Lambert, I bet Utd players never had an easy day under Fergie.