New manager

reykjavik

People who want to be believed would ONLY come out in times of uncertainty.

You've obviously never been on Twitter if you believe that.

There's a big difference between throwing some shit and hoping it will stick, and actually saying 'we've got our man and he will be signed soon', then in one day the club announces a signing/ manager. Had he said these things EVERY day, then yeah it would be a chancer, but this 'incognito' posts very sparingly. Believe it, he's legit.

His tweets go from suggesting he is an outsider referencing Villa as 'they' to recently implying he is a senior member of staff saying 'we'.

I won't believe it, it's bo-locks.

Don't get the Sherwood will be a disaster - we were on our way down anyway.....

Firstly, we are looking at the most important recruitment for years. We need somebody who can be Mr Aston Villa, somebody who can come in and create and inspire, to get the best out of a group low on confidence and unite the crowd. From what Spurs fans tell me, this isn't Sherwood.

Second to this, if it were to go balls up, we need somebody who could get us up again. I'm not sure somebody with a huge ego who thinks they are blameless is that man.

• Like 1

If Southampton can go out and get Koeman in pre season when they looked vulnerable, we can do likewise. I know the timing is a bit more difficult for us however.

Koeman is being touted for the Barcelona job now. The Pl is a huge draw to foreign coaches because of the exposure it gives them, a few months of good form and you are a genius.

I'm hoping Fox is thinking equally as ambitious. Everything he has said and done so far suggests to me that he will want the best he can get.

The problem is, Koeman was going to a vulnerable side that had just received tens of millions for him to re-invest. Also, as it was pre-season, they had the whole season to hope he did well.

We're in the relegation zone, no transfer window available and little funds probably will be made available in the summer (even if we do stay up).

I agree that the Premier League is still a big pull, but at the moment, I imagine a lot of managers would fear their reputation if they take us down, other managers probably won't want to leave a comfortable job to come to a relegation scrap with only 13 games left to play.

I don't think Sherwood is the best we can get, but I also don't think there are as many great options that people keep saying.

Klinsman - probably comfy in America and wouldn't swap that for a relegation scrap, not to mention he's fairly unproven in club management, let alone the Premier League.

Reno Garde - didn't he say he didn't want to join a new team until the summer because his back room staff wouldn't be available until then?

Big Sam - Wouldn't he prefer to hang on to his job, in the hope they'll offer him a new deal, as he's having the best season of his career (or will he swap that for yet another relegation battle?)

I'm sure there are options out there (Tuchel etc) but some of these better options might have been sounded out already, we just don't know.

• Like 1

I'm trying to be as positive as possible about this but I fear Sherwood is going to be an absolute disaster. Yes its difficult but at this time of the season but we need someone in who the players are going to respect for their managerial credentials, not someone with 4 months of managerial experience and doubts over whether he is even qualified to do the job.

Yep, and by all accounts this is somebody who divides, who doesn't bring people together, tactically naive, but who thinks he is Mourinho.

It's funny seeing the idiots on twitter (those who still insist on calling Lambert 'Berk') saying this is a brilliant appointment. For them it literally is 'anybody' but.

Yep, I'd grown massively tired of Lambert's brand of football and sacking him was the right thing to do. However having no contingency plan, which it is clearly evident if this appointment goes ahead, is absolutely criminal. People keep using the analogy of flipping a coin but it didn't need to be that way. Staying with Lambert was flipping a coin and Sherwood is exactly the same but other more gettable managers out there actually stack the odds in favor of us staying up.

If we have really gotten to the stage where Sherwood is an actual candidate based on what he has done in football so far then this club is even more broken than I ever thought it was.

I was sick of Lambert by the end of it but to keep saying we were going down anyway is wrong. Yes the chance of it was there and it was a high chance but it wasn't guaranteed at all.

Why are people suggesting Fat Sam? He's building something quite good at West Ham and they're flying. 

Contract is up at the end of the season and no talks have taken place on a new deal.

I'm trying to be as positive as possible about this but I fear Sherwood is going to be an absolute disaster. Yes its difficult but at this time of the season but we need someone in who the players are going to respect for their managerial credentials, not someone with 4 months of managerial experience and doubts over whether he is even qualified to do the job.

Yep, and by all accounts this is somebody who divides, who doesn't bring people together, tactically naive, but who thinks he is Mourinho.

It's funny seeing the idiots on twitter (those who still insist on calling Lambert 'Berk') saying this is a brilliant appointment. For them it literally is 'anybody' but.

Yep, I'd grown massively tired of Lambert's brand of football and sacking him was the right thing to do. However having no contingency plan, which it is clearly evident if this appointment goes ahead, is absolutely criminal. People keep using the analogy of flipping a coin but it didn't need to be that way. Staying with Lambert was flipping a coin and Sherwood is exactly the same but other more gettable managers out there actually stack the odds in favor of us staying up.

If we have really gotten to the stage where Sherwood is an actual candidate based on what he has done in football so far then this club is even more broken than I ever thought it was.

I think the club, and not for the first time under Lerner have fallen for the hype behind somebody. We are at a club where a sensible decision is to give QN underperforming manager a four year contract, and the same for a lazy striker who offers nothing but pace.

Yet again it looks like we are also going for the easy option. We are going for somebody who is within reach and who won't have a buyout clause, and possibly somebody who the management - Fox, Lerner, can keep a thumb on.

Why are people suggesting Fat Sam? He's building something quite good at West Ham and they're flying.

His contract ends this summer.

• Like 1

I was 'meh' when we appointed Houllier, MON and Lambert.

Livid when we got McLeish.

If we appoint Sherwood I'll be one of the few happy ones. 

So many of our players need a massive kick in the knackers but with a positive plan to back it up with. If they can't handle the criticism then we're relegated anyway and they can fook off.

(Keane was just a ranting psycho with nothing else to back up his mood swings)

This, if it comes off, could work out well.

I wish people would stop saying Sherwood is the best we can do.People got slaughtered for saying that about Lambert. It wasn't true then and it isn't true now.Time Sherwood is not "the best we can do"

This.

No matter how shite we are playing at the moment; we have good individual players, the premier league is huge draw and we're only just in the relegation zone with some, I hesitate to say, 'winnable' games in the run up.

Think a lot of managers with belief in their ability and isn't one of the elite would potentially be interested, it's not like we're that much of a shitty stick that no one will touch, not imo anyway.

Because he's from Dudley and wants to visit the zoo again like he did when he was a young boy

I Think big sam would jump at the chance - we may have to wait until the summer though...

Do we have a better squad than West Ham? Do we have more money to spend? If not, why would he come here when he's having a very good season and will finish significantly higher in the table? What can we offer him that West Ham don't?

Some fans think all is now rosy now Lamberts gone and the board should find a manager in a week that will have us challenging for top 6 next season.

Not true, most here think that sherwood has very little experience / done little to suggest he is capable of doing the job and instead has used his arrogance and gob and pals in media to promote himself beyond his actual talent, and the club has fallen for it

There is a chance that he comes in gives the whole place a boost, tells some of the players how it is and everyone performs better

There is also a chance that unfortunately due to their delicate nature (!) footballers won't appreciate that and we actually get worse, then there is IMO the biggest worry which is that the club stated they want someone for the long term and to build a squad, which sherwood certainly hasn't demonstrated in the past

• Like 1