New manager

reykjavik

The I paper say Sherwood is the only one serious in the running and we hope to announcee something on Sunday or Monday.

Given he writes a Saturday column for them so there are clear lines of communication, I'd say that's the most definite press piece so far.

That could be what Sherwood has been told by us, and has subsequently leaked that information to his buddies in the media. I really doubt Sherwood is the only candidate for this vacancy, well I hope it's not the case. 

He is also not really a Lerner manager. Like he is a bit of a "I'll do what I want" manager. I think O'Neil scared the shit out of Lerner for life, to employ someone like him ever again. Sherwood is more likely to say we are shit because we have no money, Lerner won't want such a out spoken manager. Though he could be our last resort. I also don;t think Sherwood will accept another short term contract till the end of the season, which is worrying.

Only a brainless idiot would make a long term appointment at THIS stage!

Need to appoint a short-term manager and then make longer term appointment in the Summer.

I don't agree with that at all. 

A competant board would go and get the right man for the job, a man capable of keeping us up now and building on that in the summer

The reason we are in this mess is because we already have brainless idiots running the club 

Edited by wazzap24

The bloke has 4 months experienced and he's turned down PL jobs?

I don't somebody with that much of an ego here.

I agree. Heaven forbid we should have a manager with a bit of personality. The last three have been too much as it is.

ego=/=personality

I like the ego, he believes in himself. Lambert had no ego, was very humble and was an appalling manager. Let's try something different

• Like 2

I agree. Heaven forbid we should have a manager with a bit of personality. The last three have been too much as it is.

O'Neill had a "personality" and look how that worked out in the end.

• Like 2