New manager

reykjavik

People who want to be believed would ONLY come out in times of uncertainty.

You've obviously never been on Twitter if you believe that.

There's a big difference between throwing some shit and hoping it will stick, and actually saying 'we've got our man and he will be signed soon', then in one day the club announces a signing/ manager. Had he said these things EVERY day, then yeah it would be a chancer, but this 'incognito' posts very sparingly. Believe it, he's legit.

Yeah need some inside info, I mean the press know only slightly more than we do as proved by Lambert being sacked as they didn't believe it was going to happen either until it did.

Well I'm going to stick my head above the parapet, 

Had a shout last night off very good authority to say Sherwood will be announced today.

Yeah need some inside info, I mean the press know only slightly more than we do as proved by Lambert being sacked as they didn't believe it was going to happen either until it did.

Well I'm going to stick my head above the parapet, 

Had a shout last night off very good authority to say Sherwood will be announced today.

For once in my life I'm seriously considering placing a bet that we get relegated....

I think Big Sam is gettable - he would be a legend for us.

Not opposed to Sherwood - but it would add strength to the argument that the sacking of Lambert was conjured up after Tuesday night and we've simply grabbed the easiest bloke available.... 

Not opposed to Sherwood - but it would add strength to the argument that the sacking of Lambert was conjured up after Tuesday night and we've simply grabbed the easiest bloke available.... 

if TS gets appointed, it has to be the laziest recruitment ever.

West Brom, Palace and QPR didn't want him (which says a lot for me) but we've probably fell for his ego in thinking he was too good for them!

• Like 1

I'm trying to be as positive as possible about this but I fear Sherwood is going to be an absolute disaster. Yes its difficult at this time of the season but we need someone in who the players are going to respect for their managerial credentials, not someone with 4 months of managerial experience and doubts over whether he is even qualified to do the job.

Agreed, he could walk in and only say one thing out of place and the whole squad will be in uproar. Season over.

• Like 1

I think a more realistic choice if we stay up next year would be Rafa Benitez. 

Realistic? Why would he leave Napoli for Villa? He's been there for just under 2 years  and they're third in the league (not far off second), and won the coppa Italia last season. 

I think people vastly overestimate how big of a draw Villa is. We've got no money, a fairly poor squad, a relegation battle to take care of with no transfer window in sight, and fans with pretty high expectations considering we've won **** all for 20 odd years.

And people think the likes of Benitez is realistic.

• Like 1

if TS gets appointed, it has to be the laziest recruitment ever.

West Brom, Palace and QPR didn't want him (which says a lot for me) but we've probably fell for his ego in thinking he was too good for them!

Spot on mate. And if Fox thinks he is the progressive coach we need, that worries me deeply about the future.

• Like 1

Guys what did you expect it's not like there's a lot of options out there?

this comes up every time and it's false, there are options out there and certainly better options than Tim Sherwood.

Like?

The names have been discussed time and time again

• Like 1

I'm trying to be as positive as possible about this but I fear Sherwood is going to be an absolute disaster. Yes its difficult at this time of the season but we need someone in who the players are going to respect for their managerial credentials, not someone with 4 months of managerial experience and doubts over whether he is even qualified to do the job.

Sums it up for me at the minute as well, how we can go for someone like this considering our situation really is beyond me, a fuking joke we are