New manager

reykjavik

I think we all have to remember that none of us rant know what's going on our who we've touted as the next manager. Some will turn is down, some we cant wait on, coupled with the fact we don't have long to find a replacement; we just need to get behind whoever is appointed. We, for the sake of the club have to be united, and really become the 12th man. We are Aston Villa, we are a premier league club, let's keep it that way!!

A night on, and its still a no from me for Sherwood.

I accept he had a good record with Spudzzz but I think there were more contributing factors as to why other than his managerial nous.

1) He knew the squad already

2) Spudzzz players really didn't want to perform for AVB (get the feeling TS was a disruptive influence too)

3) The Spudzzz squad was way better than we currently have

4) Once AVB was dislodged - the players decided to play again (as if to have a point to prove)

5) There was an established back room staff at Spudzzz

If he comes here:

1) Who does he know? - No one

2) I get the feeling the players liked PL and will not respect Sherwood's credentials. (what has he achieved? Is he the type of player others want to play for?)

3) Our squad, whilst the strongest for a long time is still not of the best quality

4) The coaching staff is seriously understrength - TS will not have a team to bring with him either

5) There appears to be certain factions within the squad that are quite militant - TS's ego and shouty manner is more likely to piss them off than inspire them and this could have a negative effect on the rest of the squad.

6) He is too similar in attitude to the failed experiment of Roy Keane - why would it work this time around.

If this happens, it will be the laziest piece of employment in Villa history.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

After what we have seen under Lambert, I am surprised at the amount of opposition to any manager, considering the amount of posts I have seen in recent weeks saying 'Anyone could do a better job'.

I think everyone is still a bit shocked that Villa pulled the trigger so quickly, though it was glaring obvious that it needed doing.

I think Sherwood, if appointed, could turn out to be a Gregory-esque appointment. Many fans would have been underwhelmed and scratching their heads when Gregory came in, yet the guy brought fresh ideas, attacking football and produced results until Collymore helped to secure his downfall.

You could compile a list of manager's and pull each one apart as nobody doing the job is without fault. There are only a handful of 'outstanding' manager's - people like Mourinho, Ferguson, Guardiola - but they will always take the top jobs, where there is ample amount of money to spend on a yearly basis. Saying that, they all had to start somewhere, with little experience (Guardiola apart) and have worked hard to forge very successfull careers.

At this time and the position we are in, we need to fully support any manager the club appoint and hope that it see's us safe in the short term. What comes after that is yet to be seen but the performances, lack of goals, terrible records etc... supplied by Villa under Lambert can only improve. Any manager the club get in, bar a handful, will split opinion, most purely on perception of that individual and his management style. And at least it isn't Alex Mcleish!

• Like 1

If hoddle was his assistant we would have a chance of staying up

I would have taken hoddle as a manager until the summer

I don't buy all this "oh he hasn't been a manager in ages" bollocks.

Football hasn't changed to a completely different game. He watches it every day. He analyses it every day. He would get out attacking unit firing no problems and command immediate respect from our players.

The fact that he could be second fiddle to Tim Sherwood is an absolute joke but if it means he can influence Sherwood then I'm all for it

histrically though - managers who have been out of the game struggle when they come back.

Would love it if we lured Pullis - can't see it happening though

I wish people would stop saying Sherwood is the best we can do.

People got slaughtered for saying that about Lambert. It wasn't true then and it isn't true now.

Time Sherwood is not "the best we can do"

I am not wild about Sherwood - but not as opposed as some....

Who realistically would you go for ?

I wish people would stop saying Sherwood is the best we can do.

People got slaughtered for saying that about Lambert. It wasn't true then and it isn't true now.

Time Sherwood is not "the best we can do"

I wish people would stop saying we can do a lot better than Sherwood without suggesting realistic alternatives.

Football hasn't changed to a completely different game. He watches it every day. He analyses it every day. He would get out attacking unit firing no problems and command immediate respect from our players.

The fact that he could be second fiddle to Tim Sherwood is an absolute joke but if it means he can influence Sherwood then I'm all for it

histrically though - managers who have been out of the game struggle when they come back.

Really? I think it would be quite embarrassing if we lured Pulis. Club would lose any dignity it has left.

If Southampton can go out and get Koeman in pre season when they looked vulnerable, we can do likewise. I know the timing is a bit more difficult for us however.

Koeman is being touted for the Barcelona job now. The Pl is a huge draw to foreign coaches because of the exposure it gives them, a few months of good form and you are a genius.

I'm hoping Fox is thinking equally as ambitious. Everything he has said and done so far suggests to me that he will want the best he can get.

Really? I think it would be quite embarrassing if we lured Pulis. Club would lose any dignity it has left.

We wouldn't be the most embarrassed entity by it.

If Southampton can go out and get Koeman in pre season when they looked vulnerable, we can do likewise. I know the timing is a bit more difficult for us however.

Koeman is being touted for the Barcelona job now. The Pl is a huge draw to foreign coaches because of the exposure it gives them, a few months of good form and you are a genius.

I'm hoping Fox is thinking equally as ambitious. Everything he has said and done so far suggests to me that he will want the best he can get.

Pre-season we probably could just not now. Southampton are completely different to us. They have a model which any potential manager has to fit. They have contingency plans for all scenarios and in this could of situation would already have someone lined up. They are an extremely well run club.

They are everything we are not right now.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I'm not convinced that any of the Incognito twitters are legit.

One of them is. Go back and read his posts from when Lambert was appointed.

I know there is a general mistrust of self-proclaimed ITKs and anything from Twitter (which is absolutely justified) but this guy is legit.

He may well be but then again I think he/she might have a bit of a cold reading thing going on, like a so called pyschic.

Based on what? He only ever comes out of the woodwork in times of great uncertainty so it's not like he's some idiot trying to make predictions. It's pretty clear that it's an unofficial channel from the club to the fans when something like a manager search is taking place.
Whether it's going to be Sherwood or not, that makes no sense at all. Why would an idiot making predictions suddenly say we're going to sign messi in October when we're sat in 7th place and reveal that he's obviously someone chatting bollocks?

People who want to be believed would ONLY come out in times of uncertainty.

I knew that Gary Gardner had signed a new contract and that El Ahmadi was gone days before it was announced and mentioned so on here - am I now ITK when i say it's going to be Barry and Paul Chuckle as a DoF/manager combo?

Edited by a m ole