New manager

reykjavik

Being praised on football focus, Jenas saying he got him the fittest he ever felt not that that says alot. Just been called an inspirational leader on the Blackburn promo. 

Premiership footballers are prima donnas and I think Sherwood demands a return to professionalism and team ethic that he was apart of at Blackburn. 

I think if he gets it to click it isnt just safety he would get a team really going. Will the modern day footballer react to that now? is it outdated? Its the way Id like to see us play, fighting for every ball and inch, seeing the team drag performances out of individuals.

Am I convincing myself Sherwood is the solution.

He lost 10 matches during his short tenure at Spurs with a much better team, quite an achievement.

Pochettino has lost 8 in 25 so far in the premier league. Fairly similar records.

Sherwood's record was worse than the bloke he replaced. He got found out very quickly and ditched by Spurs.  An egotistical idiot and a tacticial dunce

His total management career stretches 4 months and some are creaming themselves over him - beggars belief!

Easily a bigger mistake than McLeish if he turns up which looks increasingly likely

We have turned a respected, historic club into a complete laughing stock

• Like 1

Pochettino has lost 8 in 25 so far in the premier league. Fairly similar records.

Sherwood's record was worse than the bloke he replaced. He got found out very quickly and ditched by Spurs.  An egotistical idiot and a tacticial dunce

His total management career stretches 4 months and some are creaming themselves over him - beggars belief!

Easily a bigger mistake than McLeish if he turns up which looks increasingly likely

I don't see anyone "creaming themselves over him" just people who think it might work out.

I'm not even sure I want him to be the next manager, but people are acting like he got Spurs relegated, when really they finished exactly where they should have finished.

Edited by packoman
  • Like 1

He lost 10 matches during his short tenure at Spurs with a much better team, quite an achievement.

"We" have done nothing. The only thing "we" as a collective are responsible for is not being louder earlier during a couple of manager reigns and ensuring that the club didnt employ Steve Mclaren who some now clamour for.

Hi Villatalk, Spurs fan here. Ask me anything about Tim :P

Will he keep his salute for when Benteke scores?

When? ;)

Is he really a word removed?

In short - probably. He's certainly no shrinking violet but is that really such a bad thing for a football manager? He has total confidence(or some would say arrogance) in what he's doing, he certainly won't be fazed by the job at hand. As an outsider, Lambert to me always came across as a bit of a wet lettuce, almost as though he was just thankful to be there. Tim's certainly not there to make friends, he'll back himself against anyone. He riles opposition fans but his personality is much easier to get behind when it's your club he's in charge of.

• Like 4

Eh? It says the opposite. Look at Eriksen.

You know those speech bubbles aren't real, yeah?

No shit.

But look how he reacts when asked the question.

How does he react? Looks to me like his mind is elsewhere, he's giggling about something and he's not paying attention.

But sure, grab your sticks, light them up. Don't bother with all this "give them a chance" malarkey, let an 11 year old via the medium of a nonsensical youtube clip feed you your opinion.  

We only gave the last guy 2 and a half years after all. 

Yup, looked like there was someone distracting him behind the camera or something. 

Will he keep his salute for when Benteke scores?

When? ;)

Is he really a word removed?

In short - probably. He's certainly no shrinking violet but is that really such a bad thing for a football manager? He has total confidence(or some would say arrogance) in what he's doing, he certainly won't be fazed by the job at hand. As an outsider, Lambert to me always came across as a bit of a wet lettuce, almost as though he was just thankful to be there. Tim's certainly not there to make friends, he'll back himself against anyone. He riles opposition fans but his personality is much easier to get behind when it's your club he's in charge of.

So why is he hated by many Spurs fans? You seemed to do OK under him after a shambolic start to the season, why is he derided? 

Edit - at a minimum you were exciting to watch.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Sherwood's record was worse than the bloke he replaced. He got found out very quickly and ditched by Spurs. An egotistical idiot and a tacticial dunce

Sherwoods record was worse than avb?

Not from what I've seen.

What we need?

I remember seeing this interview and think I wish Lambert would call it out (not individual players, but the team) in an interview when we've obviously played poorly. So many times under Lambert when we played badly he said we were good!

• Like 2

Eh? It says the opposite. Look at Eriksen.

You know those speech bubbles aren't real, yeah?

No shit.

But look how he reacts when asked the question.

How does he react? Looks to me like his mind is elsewhere, he's giggling about something and he's not paying attention.

But sure, grab your sticks, light them up. Don't bother with all this "give them a chance" malarkey, let an 11 year old via the medium of a nonsensical youtube clip feed you your opinion.  

We only gave the last guy 2 and a half years after all. 

And I will back him if he becomes Villa manager.

However, until that point I will be 100% against the appointment

• Like 3