New manager

reykjavik

I'd be surprised if Sherwood is the only option, it could be a ploy to smoke out other interested parties.

I just don't see what Sherwood has done to justify a job at Villa, he might be a success, but i have my reservations.I think it would be a massive gamble, and considering some of the options out there, i think a poor appointment.

I would hope even the villa board wouldn't be banking on sherwood taking the villa job - there must be a back up plan......I reckon Curbishley is that plan...

Moyes for me. Real PL experience, can play decent football and has an eye for a player. He was great at Everton.

Yeah I think we would be doing really well to get him.
Me too. Should have gone for him in the summer when he was out of work and Lambert was still shit.

He won't come on short contact - It will probably be a 3 year deal - but with only a nominal compensation if we axe him...

Has he actually said that?

I wouldn't be surprised if we bring someone in short term with a decent bonus if they keep us up.

However, if it is a 3 year deal with a nominal compensation then at least it protects us to some degree.

There has got to be very few potential managers that would be happy with a short term deal. Probably just those who want to earn some quick money or those who have nothing to lose (some one like Curbishley, God forbid)

I'd rather we be a bit more adventerous than names like Pulis, Allardyce, Moyes and Sherwood. Although I realise that probably sounds quite crazy considering our position. But I think we need something new.

I'd agree if this was now the end of May with the season over and a new manager had three months to prepare for the new season. This is a bit of a unique situation though in that a new manager simply has to hit the ground running. He has no time to get his feet under the table, no time to access the players, no time to try out different playing styles to see what suits the players he inherits or the capacity to bring in players to suit his playing style.

For me it needs someone who knows the Premier Legaue, knows the vast majority our our squad and each players strengths and will already have a very good idea of a style of play that will suit them. A manager who knows in fine detail the ins and out of the teams we will face over the next 13 games. A manager from abroad for me simply isn't going to know that and can't be expected to quickly get up to speed. We saw last season the difficulty foreign managers with decent records had when they came into WBA and Fulham midway through the season.

Ideally I would like a Moyes, a Pulis or an Allardyce. If anyone of those three came in I would happily put every spare penny I have on us staying up. I'd be that confident that they have the nous and where with all to instantly get the best out of what is for me a decent bunch of players. We don't live in an ideal world though and there is very little chance of any of those guys coming in now as they are in jobs. The next best thing may well then be to try for someone like Steve Mclaren but again he is in work and I doubt very much he would come now. I think we may ,due to the fact we need someone now, almost be forced down the Sherwood path. He is out of work, he knows the Prem inside out, he has apparently been at a number of our games recently and he has shown over a short period at least that he can get the best out of players that before were under performing. For now until the end of the season that is all we need. What happens beyond that I'll worry about then.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Couple of rumours that Prandelli has been contacted by Atalanta where he started his career as a manager. 

Surely, we are a more attractive proposition than Atalanta (with all respect to them of course). I bet he hasn't been contacted by Fox though.

I'd love Moyes but I'm happy with Sherwood. Just don't want Klinsmann, too much of a gamble.

We are in the utter depths of the shit, can you tell me why you are content with Sherwood being appointed? He has nothing to his name as a proven manager other than 4 months experiemce. It is completely not what we need right now.

Couple of rumours that Prandelli has been contacted by Atalanta where he started his career as a manager. 

Surely, we are a more attractive proposition than Atalanta (with all respect to them of course). I bet he hasn't been contacted by Fox though.

Can he speak English? Think that would have have to be a pre-requisit given our current circumstances. Very hard to motivate players through a translator.

Can he speak English? Think that would have have to be a pre-requisit given our current circumstances. Very hard to motivate players through a translator.

Possibly another reason Lambert didn't work out.

• Like 3

Tim Sherwood can barely speak English based on some of his press conferences. My particular favourite "It all went a bit Pete Tong really"  ;)

• Like 4

the people writing off Sherwood need to get a grip. He is obviously a coaching talent because he worked his way up to the manager role at spurs. he played attacking football. i think he would be great.

Have a look at what Spurs fans think about his "attacking football" and how he went about working his way up to the top spot. 

I'd love Moyes but I'm happy with Sherwood. Just don't want Klinsmann, too much of a gamble.

We are in the utter depths of the shit, can you tell me why you are content with Sherwood being appointed? He has nothing to his name as a proven manager other than 4 months experiemce. It is completely not what we need right now.

I dont see how kllinsmann is a gamble but sherwood isnt?

the people writing off Sherwood need to get a grip. He is obviously a coaching talent because he worked his way up to the manager role at spurs. he played attacking football. i think he would be great.

Have a look at what Spurs fans think about his "attacking football" and how he went about working his way up to the top spot. 

General consensus from Spurs fans that I know is that he went about it by being a massive 'see you next Tuesday'

• Like 1