Petitioning for change?

samjp26

If this protest happens fully or not its going to a horrible atmosphere at villa park on saturday, if we play badly and its gets hostile I think Lambert might walk away. he looked under immense strain during the press conference. I think he may be close to breaking point, thats just my opinion of course

If this protest happens fully or not its going to a horrible atmosphere at villa park on saturday, if we play badly and its gets hostile I think Lambert might walk away. he looked under immense strain during the press conference. I think he may be close to breaking point, thats just my opinion of course

That would be good.

Or it could make for a better atmosphere, maybe sink another pint before ko, sing songs on the concourse get a bit of atmosphere going, a empty but audible Holte would be a surreal experience. I must admit I'm kinda disappointed in the it won't do anything pessimism, maybe so but it certainly won't if we do nothing at all.

The more I think about the protest the more I think it's really stupid.  Definitely not taking part in this one. If it was something like holding £ signs, or arrows then i'm in. But there's no message with this particular protest, and it will just look stupid when half the Holte will be full. 

I think it will be a damp squib myself. 

EDIT: What Steve985 said! ^ 

Edited by PieFacE

I absolutely hate this. The single worst thing to come out of the Lerner/Lambert era is Villains divided. 

We're some of the most passionate supporters in the Premier League, and the idea that we stand separated bugs the McLeish out of me. 

Whether you take your seat before kick off and proclaim you're a Holte Ender at the top of your lungs, or you stand in the concourse for 8 minutes, telling the world that we want our Villa back, we share the same love of our team. We each have a passion for our team and should remember that you're no less or more passionate than the guy in his seat. 

I don't know the answer to moving on from this regime, but if you feel protesting will work, do it. If you feel getting behind the team is more beneficial, crack on, but I'll respect anyone's decision because at the end of the day we want the same thing.

• Like 2

Everyone who is against this protest, can I ask what you would suggest we do instead?

Sit back and watch this mess unravel before our eyes?

If the team plays well then you get behind them, if its more of the same then you unite in singing the same old anti-Lambert stuff later in the game.

The chants from the terrace get to Lambert which is why he has commented so much on it AND it gets into the media thus reaches Lerner.

You don't need school playground style protests - they are just annoying and will achieve nothing because only the people protesting actually know what its all about.

Protest with your voice if there is a need ...... who knows, tomorrow might just be the start of something better LOL !!!

Everyone who is against this protest, can I ask what you would suggest we do instead?

Sit back and watch this mess unravel before our eyes?

If the team plays well then you get behind them, if its more of the same then you unite in singing the same old anti-Lambert stuff later in the game.

The chants from the terrace get to Lambert which is why he has commented so much on it AND it gets into the media thus reaches Lerner.

You don't need school playground style protests - they are just annoying and will achieve nothing because only the people protesting actually know what its all about.

Protest with your voice if there is a need ...... who knows, tomorrow might just be the start of something better LOL !!!

I liked the seat banging that we did in Graham Taylor mk2 last season. Remember we did it v Blackburn in the cup when we were 4-1 down and Dwight Yorker scored in front of the Holte. Makes a horrible noise and echo's round the ground

Or it could make for a better atmosphere, maybe sink another pint before ko, sing songs on the concourse get a bit of atmosphere going, a empty but audible Holte would be a surreal experience. I must admit I'm kinda disappointed in the it won't do anything pessimism, maybe so but it certainly won't if we do nothing at all.

I think the empty Holte would be brilliant for a meaningful protest.

However, the problems with this one, as have been pointed out, are numerous

1. First and foremost, it's too late, imo. Something like this needs a few weeks to organise. Despite the media attention, I don't think enough people will know about it.

2. Logistics/health and safety. There is no way that Villa Park will allow potentially 14,000 people to all enter the ground at once. it would be mayhem. ANd if people are all trying to get in after 8 minutes, chances are we'll still be filing in at half time.

3. No message. The message still isn't clear. What's the protest? The manager or the owner?

Apparently it's now been clarified as the owner. Ok, what do we want? Him to leave? Well he wants to leave too so that's pointless. 

Are we just showing general unhappiness about his tenure? If so then why? Half of his tenure was brilliant. And again it's pointless, there's no end product. He wants to sell the club.

4. Lack of unity. Despite the negativity at the club at the moment, not everyone is willing to protest against it. I'm going tomorrow, in the Holte, and I certainly don't intend to protest. Not because I don't agree with the message (whatever it is) as such, just because I don't think protesting is the right way to go about it and I feel the protest futile as even if it happens it won't result in anything.

Something like this requires everybody to do it. Not everybody will. 

I agree that the media attention this has gathered will make it embarrassing when this fails to materialise. but that should be a lesson to the "organisers". Fair play for wanting to do something about where the club is. I'm not against protesting in general.

But if I protest I want to know what I'm protesting for, and I want to know that my protest will do something about the situation. Neither of those things have or will happen tomorrow.

I also have a personal reason why I won't be protesting which isn't really anything to do with the club.

From Moms Facebook, 

To recap the Holte End demonstration is in two parts - the second part is as important, but seems to be forgotten!:

Part One - Supporters in the Holte don't take their seats until the 8 minute mark (number of completed seasons under Lerner) have passed to demonstrate what happens to a club that shows little progress or ambition and is flirting with the Championship.
Part Two - A 82 minutes (symbolic of the year of the club's finest hour) demonstration of the best of vocal Villa fan support, backing the team all the way against Liverpool. To show the potential of what it's like to have a club with ambition where Villa supporters give their all because they believe in those running and managing their club.

It has already failed because we are less than 24 hours away and most don't know what is going on or don't care about it so you'll end up with half a dozen people wandering in late and pondering why nobody really gives a damn about what they are trying to do.

PS: Gil scores after 3 minutes, Benteke after 5 minutes ..... how many are still standing out back protesting ?!!!!!!!!

Â