Petitioning for change?

samjp26

How much does he want to leave though?

Is he happy surviving on the cheap until an offer is made?

Or is he actively looking for a buyer, willing to lower the price to make a sale?

I don't think a little fan pressure could hurt.

I read somewhere the consortium Howard Hodgson was apart of offered 125 Million but got told no because Randy wanted the full 200 Million. I don't know if true though as it wasn't somthing he'd written himself but was on a forum that he's a member of, so maybe he's mentioned it on there.

Maybe that's a load of rubbish but I don't believe the stories of him halfing the asking price or dropping of 50 million, he only put us up for sale in May.

Edited by useless

Hi All, long time lurker here.

Whether you agree with the type protest or not (and I'm sure we all agree something has to change) it's now garnered national media attention, if it's a half hearted effort it & us as a fanbase will look silly. Could some people not put aside their own personal opinion for 8minutes just to stand with your fellow fans and make a statement, even if as I said you disagree? As it's Liverpool in town the vast majority of the people sitting in the Holte come KO time will be local Liverpool fan's anyway day tripping with their Villa friends, what a better opportunity for them to stand there for 8 minutes on national tv looking like the glory hunting vermin they are?

I don't think the protest can negatively effect the team.

We don't win and we don't score. It can't get worse.

I know, I can't understand where some people are coming from when they say that a protest during the game will affect the team. In what way can it have any negative affect on a team that can't score and can't win a game? Just unbelievable comments.

The main issue I have with the protest is that it will cause a bad atmosphere for the remainder of the game once all the heroes have entered the stadium,  the atmosphere is usually pretty shit anyway and hostile towards the players but I can see it dropping to an even lower level than previous if things don't go our way.

Lol, whether you go in pjs or wet suits, you are still GOING!!

It's plain and simple: don't go!

The thing is Woodytom this is a campaign to score goals not protest as Lerner wants to go anyway.it's more of a protest at the lack of ambition in front of goal without being too negative on the players

But you're protesting about something that is already recognised by the manager then. He knows we need to score more goals and create more. He has said so himself and just bought a creative midfielder.

You don't need to send him a message he already knows. He isn't stupid, just doesn't have the talent to do anything about it with the god awful players he keeps buying nor the god awful ones who were already here.

Whether you agree with the type protest or not (and I'm sure we all agree something has to change) it's now garnered national media attention, if it's a half hearted effort it & us as a fanbase will look silly. Could some people not put aside their own personal opinion for 8minutes just to stand with your fellow fans and make a statement, even if as I said you disagree? As it's Liverpool in town the vast majority of the people sitting in the Holte come KO time will be local Liverpool fan's anyway day tripping with their Villa friends, what a better opportunity for them to stand there for 8 minutes on national tv looking like the glory hunting vermin they are?

Why should people put aside their own opinions? I'll be sat in my seat at 3pm as usual , others should do as they see fit as well

The main issue I have with the protest is that it will cause a bad atmosphere for the remainder of the game once all the heroes have entered the stadium,  the atmosphere is usually pretty shit anyway and hostile towards the players but I can see it dropping to an even lower level than previous if things don't go our way.

This will be the case regardless of whether any protest goes ahead or not.

Yeah true it's an awful pity we don't have a fanbase that sticks with the players through the ups and downs.  Crystal Palace fans being a good example of quality fans. 

It is exactly the same as any other business. We can go somewhere else. We can also choose to do something else with our time.

Only the fans see it as some 'different type of business'. Nobody else does. And as soon as people realise that, the sooner bizarre protests like the one tomorrow are left behind.

It's randy lerners club. He can/will and has done whatever the hell he likes with it. He will sell it for the price he agrees and to whom he agrees.

All he is interested in is us spending money. He doesn't give a shit if the holte is empty, so long as people have paid.

And he knows he has got us over a barrel because the fans see it differently: it's our club, we can't go anywhere else, we've been here through thick n thin etc. He knows that he's making a complete arse of it. Providing possibly the worst customer service on the planet. Yet he still has a massive customer base that pay their doh.

I have to disagree - it really isn't like any other business. If it were we would all have gone over to Chelsk or City by now for the better product and Aston Villa would be well on its way to being a failed business and gone into recievership.

If anything it's like the banking industry where anyone can seemingly do what they want without consequence. Of course Randy still has that little problem of relegation to deal with.

Exactly my point. The 'fans' haven't chosen to go elsewhere. That's not to say that a different product isn't available, because it is, in abundance.

We are the mugs for believing it's anything other than just a business. Various aspects (like the money involved) are different to say your local restaurant or whatever, but the aim is still the same: get people to pay money and try and give them what they want.

The main issue I have with the protest is that it will cause a bad atmosphere for the remainder of the game once all the heroes have entered the stadium, the atmosphere is usually pretty shit anyway and hostile towards the players but I can see it dropping to an even lower level than previous if things don't go our way.

Yeah true it's an awful pity we don't have a fanbase that sticks with the players through the ups and downs. Crystal Palace fans being a good example of quality fans.

To be fair I think a lot of fan bases who'd had the 5 years we've had won be similar.

Why should people put aside their own opinions? I'll be sat in my seat at 3pm as usual , others should do as they see fit as well

Nothing like a bit of solidarity amongst your fellow fans to reaffirm your faith in them, for the sake of the fanbase not looking stupid now that the national media will be focusing on it, are you seriously telling me you can't put aside your opinions on the type of protest for jus 8 mins to say as a fanbase we're not happy? I can see us being the object of ridicule come Monday morning because of large portions not protesting, completely disregarding the suitability of the type of protest aside, I find not standing with your fellow fans quite selfish tbh. I bet half those who play the "I've paid for my ticket so I'll get the full 90" card are the types who head inside for a pie and a pint after 38mins anyway.

Â