Petitioning for change?

samjp26

I just don't really understand what the point in the protest is? 

Everyone at the club knows we're frustrated, i'm sure the players are frustrated, as is Lambert and Fox. 

What are we saying? "Do better 'cos we're fed up?"

I'm sure they're trying. 

Edited by PieFacE

Hi All, long time lurker here.

Whether you agree with the type protest or not (and I'm sure we all agree something has to change) it's now garnered national media attention, if it's a half hearted effort it & us as a fanbase will look silly. Could some people not put aside their own personal opinion for 8minutes just to stand with your fellow fans and make a statement, even if as I said you disagree? As it's Liverpool in town the vast majority of the people sitting in the Holte come KO time will be local Liverpool fan's anyway day tripping with their Villa friends, what a better opportunity for them to stand there for 8 minutes on national tv looking like the glory hunting vermin they are?

Why should people put aside their own opinions? I'll be sat in my seat at 3pm as usual , others should do as they see fit as well

Nothing like a bit of solidarity amongst your fellow fans to reaffirm your faith in them, for the sake of the fanbase not looking stupid now that the national media will be focusing on it, are you seriously telling me you can't put aside your opinions on the type of protest for jus 8 mins to say as a fanbase we're not happy? I can see us being the object of ridicule come Monday morning because of large portions not protesting, completely disregarding the suitability of the type of protest aside, I find not standing with your fellow fans quite selfish tbh. I bet half those who play the "I've paid for my ticket so I'll get the full 90" card are the types who head inside for a pie and a pint after 38mins anyway.

They know we arent happy , if we are the object of ridicule it will be caused by the protesters , not by me , you accuse me of being selfish , i find it more selfish that you expect people to do things just because you want to. Im certainly not a "ive paid for my ticket ill get the full 90 min" type , im more the support my team for 90 minute type thankyou very much

• Like 2

Hi All, long time lurker here.

Whether you agree with the type protest or not (and I'm sure we all agree something has to change) it's now garnered national media attention, if it's a half hearted effort it & us as a fanbase will look silly. Could some people not put aside their own personal opinion for 8minutes just to stand with your fellow fans and make a statement, even if as I said you disagree? As it's Liverpool in town the vast majority of the people sitting in the Holte come KO time will be local Liverpool fan's anyway day tripping with their Villa friends, what a better opportunity for them to stand there for 8 minutes on national tv looking like the glory hunting vermin they are?

Why should people put aside their own opinions? I'll be sat in my seat at 3pm as usual , others should do as they see fit as well

Nothing like a bit of solidarity amongst your fellow fans to reaffirm your faith in them, for the sake of the fanbase not looking stupid now that the national media will be focusing on it, are you seriously telling me you can't put aside your opinions on the type of protest for jus 8 mins to say as a fanbase we're not happy? I can see us being the object of ridicule come Monday morning because of large portions not protesting, completely disregarding the suitability of the type of protest aside, I find not standing with your fellow fans quite selfish tbh. I bet half those who play the "I've paid for my ticket so I'll get the full 90" card are the types who head inside for a pie and a pint after 38mins anyway.

They know we arent happy , if we are the object of ridicule it will be caused by the protesters , not by me , you accuse me of being selfish , i find it more selfish that you expect people to do things just because you want to. Im certainly not a "ive paid for my ticket ill get the full 90 min" type , im more the support my team for 90 minute type thankyou very much

We are losing the faith in our great football club, we really don't want to. Thats why we need to protest, for change. It might sound harsh, but we are doing it for the club we love. We want to look foward to Saturday again, watching our team compete and experincing goals, something to talk about, The team has lost its way at the moment and if we just sit there and watch like a good little fan, Lerner/Lambert will think all is well and nothing will ever change. 

If we never protested against McLeish, maybe he would still be here. We got rid of him in the end, we can do the same with Lambert!!

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

I just don't really understand what the point in the protest is? 

Everyone at the club knows we're frustrated, i'm sure the players are frustrated, as is Lambert and Fox. 

What are we saying? "Do better 'cos we're fed up?"

I'm sure they're trying.

Trying to do what ? That is why people are fed up , they just don't know .

Will be interesting to see what happens if they decide to eject anyone who refuses to take their seat , that may be where the peaceful protest becomes non peaceful

I don't think they eject people for staying in the concourse.

Will be interesting to see what happens if they decide to eject anyone who refuses to take their seat , that may be where the peaceful protest becomes non peaceful

They can if you are directly blocking alleyways , stairways or if it becomes a health and safety issue , depends how many participate i suppose

They can if you are directly blocking alleyways , stairways or if it becomes a health and safety issue , depends how many participate i suppose

You mean like at half time when the concourse is full of people buying food, drinks and watching the tv?

You mean like at half time when the concourse is full of people buying food, drinks and watching the tv?
I think you know i dont , the concourse under the holte struggles with more than a couple of thousand at half time , if say half the holte do it around 5-6 thousand then it may well be mayhem

I agree 100%. Even though I don't mind the petition, it may not be a success because the hardcore Lambert haters may be staying away already, an the best thing we can do is stay away too, untill he is gone. Harsh, definately, but it can't carry on.

It may not be a money issue for Lerner, but it is a complete embarrassment that hardly anyone wants to turn up to watch there life long team, while Lambert is manager.

I think you know i dont , the concourse under the holte struggles with more than a couple of thousand at half time , if say half the holte do it around 5-6 thousand then it may well be mayhem

So a couple of dozen stewards will be capable of ejecting several thousand people. I would pay to see that.

At first I was pleased to hear that there was at least some form of action to show our frustration as fans , however having thought about it some more I feel it probably to be a fruitless idea considering Lerners position and the club in general .

I love the more humourious protest ideas such as the arrows or "zzzz" signs.

Lambert for me is clearly not going to take us anywhere but I'm also of the opinion that even "if" Lerner were to sack him I honestly have zero confidence in him replacing him with anyone better and adding to that , he clearly won't be pumping added funds for transfers too.

Overall pretty sad right now as a Villa fan but I believe we must support the team come Saturday and sing our hearts out !!! (Well at least until Liverpool go 2-0 up :|)

So a couple of dozen stewards will be capable of ejecting several thousand people. I would pay to see that.
Well I'll just hope that it passes peacefully, but i have my doubts

Having been a fan that was spat at by non -supporting HDE protesters, I would urge all Villa fans who plan to protest to not put yourself through falling out with fellow villa fans.

just walk away from it.....even if its for a short while, take a break from the passion of it all....you perhaps deserve it.

Could not give a tiny **** what the media think. Neither should you.

I don't generally, but we all know how the media works, they won't come on here and sift through the differing opinions, they will make a broad generalisation based on the turnout and if it's a damp squib and Lerner will get away with holding his council.

However this has captured national attention, this if significantly adhered to could make headlines around the sporting world with the global exposure the game has now particularly in the states. Like it or lump it this is a significant opportunity for us as fans to show our displeasure at the stagnation of our club. The club have been abysmal at supporter relations under most of Lerner's tenure, I doubt Randy is given a brutally honest assessment of the state of the place by the staff, Fox looks like faulkner 2.0 and I very much doubt Lambert gives him anything but excuses as to why he's not very effective at his job. I'd hazard a guess he gets finacials and a I wouldn't go there mate, they hate you because you sold milner.

At the very least an empty Holte end beamed around the world might at least provoke a statement, maybe even go so far as organise a sit down with supporters, we won't affect anything unless we try. I get the questioning of the motives or style of the protest, but that's nitpicking really, whether we buy a fly over, rally outside or spam the ticket office email address with gifs of lambert trying to fit square pegs in round holes, the end will justify the means. And if this attempt falls on death ears then the following week we try a different tactic, like pillows eitherway as a part of the club we must do something, to do nothing is to stagnate for another year, are you prepared to put up with this again next year? I'm not I'll make noise about my displeasure, it usually gets a reaction, sadly that's the way the world seems to work nowadays.

On a side note the supporters trust has been a guiding beacon of leadership amongst the fans over this issue.

I'm all for protest but this is an ill-considered protest that is likely to alienate fellow fans and deprive the players of the support they need. I suspect very few will take part and I fully expect a very hostile response from many Villa fans who do not approve of the protest or nature of it.

Protest outside the ground before or after the game. It will grab media coverage which is where the "damage" comes from anyway and it doesn't have the obvious unwanted side-effects that this planned protest has.

My bet is that this will be a complete non-event !

• Like 1

Â