Petitioning for change?

samjp26

How much destruction would Lerner have to do to AVFC before everyone would support the protest.

Relegation?

Double Relegation?

Administration?

couple of problems there.

Is it Lerner ? Or lambert as well? Will those protesting want to protest for both or just one and if just one will they be happy if the protest is hijacked to protest about the other at the same time.

In addition if it's about Lerner what are the protestors going to say ? "Lerner out"? I think he'd be protesting too given he has already said he wants to go and the club is for sale. So does it say "hurry up and go" ?not much of a protest there surely. So if it is about Lerner what is the message and if it is Lerner and lambert then what there will be some not happy about protesting about both and a protest about Lerner is pretty futile .

With Ellis a protest was always an option. Lerner saying what he said last summer has effectively nullified the protest potential

Perhaps the big problem at our club is that there isnt one problem. We have an owner who isnt up to the standard required, made a huge mess by spending big and now we are worse off than teams like Swansea and Hull. Then we have a manager who despite being at the club for three years has been unable to instil any kind of playing style or identity.

The point I was trying to make is I see fans having a go at the fans who want to protest, probably the same people who had a go when the fans protested at McLeish being appointed. Thing is those fans were right, we got exactly what we expected from McLeish so I would rather be on the side of those trying to instigate change rather than sit on the sidelines belittling them.

At some point for everyone you would assume that there is a point when enough is enough and you decide that you need to do your bit for change because if as fans of Aston Villa Football Club we have been reduced to just accepting the destruction of our football club then we truly will get what we deserve.

When I see headlines in the media like 'we want our club back' I do nothing but cringe massively.

I've supported aston villa for 25 years. It's never been anyone's, other than Doug Ellis' or randy lerners.

And 'we want it back'? Back from where? What did we do with it when we last had it exactly?

A nonsense statement, made by fans (who are nowhere near as important as they think) when don't get their own way.

The fan base are the customers, but unlike customers in any other situation they can't just fook off somewhere else. This is their way of protesting and whether I agree with them or not I defend their right to do so. Many of them are more loyal than the likes of you and me and go home and away religiously.

The fans are the club, not the owner - they're just dodgy businessmen in the main with huge egos. They piggy back on the people who made the club in the first place - the fans and their ancestors and the founders.

It is exactly the same as any other business. We can go somewhere else. We can also choose to do something else with our time.

Only the fans see it as some 'different type of business'. Nobody else does. And as soon as people realise that, the sooner bizarre protests like the one tomorrow are left behind.

It's randy lerners club. He can/will and has done whatever the hell he likes with it. He will sell it for the price he agrees and to whom he agrees.

All he is interested in is us spending money. He doesn't give a shit if the holte is empty, so long as people have paid.

And he knows he has got us over a barrel because the fans see it differently: it's our club, we can't go anywhere else, we've been here through thick n thin etc. He knows that he's making a complete arse of it. Providing possibly the worst customer service on the planet. Yet he still has a massive customer base that pay their doh.

Why don't we all all go villa park in pj's and pillows that will show lambert we think about the lame football and the fact we forgotton what goals actually are

I really like that to be fair. A touch of gallows humour that also makes a point without being too divisive or damaging to morale. Well done Dem!

Get it done, Villa fans :)

Thanks mate

Shall we open a new thread regarding this? If there enough interest in here maybe we can share to other sites and set it up for the Chelsea game?

• Like 1

I like the arrows

Basically if Lerner stays - Aston Villa as weve come to know it over the last 40 years will cease to exist.

We have to do something - we can't just sit idly by and let that happen.

Good luck to the protesters.

Have you got a spare 200M or so plus another 200M on top for team strengthening or do you know someone who does

I like the arrows

Basically if Lerner stays - Aston Villa as weve come to know it over the last 40 years will cease to exist.

Have you got a spare 200M or so plus another 200M on top for team strengthening or do you know someone who does

No I don't

But we can't get a Rich Owner lets gets one who is interested and who cares.

Jeremy Peace isn't a rich bloke - but has acted more decisivley to protect his club. 

I like the arrows

No I don't

But we can't get a Rich Owner lets gets one who is interested and who cares.

Jeremy Peace isn't a rich bloke - but has acted more decisivley to protect his club. 

The thing is Lerner has basically said he wants to go,  the club is for sale.  So what is the protest message?

In terms of not getting a rich owner I'm afraid we very much need one as first and foremost he needs to be able to afford the asking price of around 200M,  someone who can pay that doesnt just have 200M and that's it.  They'd need to have at least ten times that to be able to afford it.  Now to me thats rich

Lol, whether you go in pjs or wet suits, you are still GOING!!

It's plain and simple: don't go!

The thing is Woodytom this is a campaign to score goals not protest as Lerner wants to go anyway.it's more of a protest at the lack of ambition in front of goal without being too negative on the players

Like the PJ'S idea - could we purchase a job lot of night caps ? probably wouldn't cost much...

Many years ago - I placed a Bulk order for Ellis out caps - come to about £6 each....

My mate still has one of these. Ian Taylor signed it with "Good Luck".

Fair play to those to have taken action but I cant see the boycott working, too many people won't have heard about it or they just won't want to leave their seat.

Something simple like placards to hold up is visual and works because it requires little effort. How about a card with a big Z on? The Holte end will then look like how most of us feel..........

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Fair play to those to have taken action but I cant see the boycott working, too many people won't have heard about it or they just won't want to leave their seat.

Something simple like placards to hold up is visual and works because it requires little effort. How about a card with a big Z on? The Holte end will then look like how most of us feel..........

Like this too

Don't forget though billionairres can be incredibly vein - a few headlines that things aren't well at Randy's Club - would imo get to Randy - obviously it doesn't produce a buyer ! but who knows....

Like I said a few posts back - we shouldn't just lie down and watch our great club die......

• Like 2

It is exactly the same as any other business. We can go somewhere else. We can also choose to do something else with our time.

Only the fans see it as some 'different type of business'. Nobody else does. And as soon as people realise that, the sooner bizarre protests like the one tomorrow are left behind.

It's randy lerners club. He can/will and has done whatever the hell he likes with it. He will sell it for the price he agrees and to whom he agrees.

All he is interested in is us spending money. He doesn't give a shit if the holte is empty, so long as people have paid.

And he knows he has got us over a barrel because the fans see it differently: it's our club, we can't go anywhere else, we've been here through thick n thin etc. He knows that he's making a complete arse of it. Providing possibly the worst customer service on the planet. Yet he still has a massive customer base that pay their doh.

I have to disagree - it really isn't like any other business. If it were we would all have gone over to Chelsk or City by now for the better product and Aston Villa would be well on its way to being a failed business and gone into recievership.

If anything it's like the banking industry where anyone can seemingly do what they want without consequence. Of course Randy still has that little problem of relegation to deal with.

Â