All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

On a similar but even weirder note. I was listening to Tarantino talk about cinema the other day and he made the point that there is a generation now who only know of cinema as being the Marvel universe and super hero movies in general. The almost total saturation of cinema as super hero films IS cinema to them. They never knew anything else. And that's very weird, and sad.

We've already ascertained that there are VTers who've never watched a black and white movie (and wouldn't even consider it), or even anything made before the 1980s. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

On a similar but even weirder note. I was listening to Tarantino talk about cinema the other day and he made the point that there is a generation now who only know of cinema as being the Marvel universe and super hero movies in general. The almost total saturation of cinema as super hero films IS cinema to them. They never knew anything else. And that's very weird, and sad.

Was he being ironic?

Aren’t his films basically comic book style with what he considers a cool soundtrack?

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Was he being ironic?

Aren’t his films basically comic book style

No.

They are frequently stylised around different genres (often using multiple genres in one movie), but I wouldn't say that they are comic book style in style tbh (maybe elements of Kill Bill?)

He does love a cool soundtrack though and let's face it, he does it very well.

Edited by Designer1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

No.

They are frequently stylised around different genres (often using multiple genres in one movie), but I wouldn't say that they are comic book style in style tbh (maybe elements of Kill Bill?)

He does love a cool soundtrack though and let's face it, he does it very well.

He's also a complete and utter tit who will only buy first pressings of records :D 

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's also a complete and utter tit who will only buy first pressings of records :D 

Yeah well, I love him and would love to spend an evening talking about movies with him. Ive never met anyone who out-geeks me on movies, but i reckon he'd manage it 😁

• Haha 1

On 27/02/2024 at 16:13, Genie said:

I’m always expecting him to appear in the news with a bunch of allegations of inappropriate behaviour made against him. He looks like a wrong ‘un.

Just missing a beard and/or a cleft lip?

• Like 1

On 27/02/2024 at 15:45, Designer1 said:

Yeah well, I love him and would love to spend an evening talking about movies with him. Ive never met anyone who out-geeks me on movies, but i reckon he'd manage it 😁

I imagine you two would have a great natter about the hulk n that

• Haha 1

On 27/02/2024 at 07:40, mjmooney said:

It still amazes me when I realise that many VTers are NOT older than the internet, and it (along with mobile phones) is something they've taken for granted all their lives. 

I was born, went through school, got a job, got married, bought a house and had two kids before such things even existed. 

First got 'online' when i was 19 at my first job at an office on Colmore Row. 

First mobile was when `i was 19 or 20 as well. My first couple of phones never had SMS enabled as standard from memory. Was probably 2 or 3 years later when i started texting! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xela said:

First got 'online' when i was 19 at my first job at an office on Colmore Row. 

First mobile was when `i was 19 or 20 as well. My first couple of phones never had SMS enabled as standard from memory. Was probably 2 or 3 years later when i started texting! 

Modern kids never knowing the joys of either designing your own or buying a ringtone. 

Â