Pre-Match Thread

Bunnski

We could have the best 11 players in the world in our team and we'd still lose this fixture. There really is no outcome other than the following:

1) We play shit and lose

2) We put in one of the performances of the season but still lose, inevitably to a late goal and most probably after being a goal or two up

It's a mystery that bookies are still taking bets on the outcome of this one.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

i expect us to line up like this

__________________Guzan_________________
_________Clark____Okore_______Vlaar_______

Bacuna__________________________Cissohko
_________Sanchez________Delph___________
____________Cole/Grealish____________

__________Agbolanhor_______Benteke_______

Not sure if Cole is fit but they said 2 weeks and its been longer hasnt it? Not ruled out.. maybe a late inclusion? either Grealish or most likely Wiemann.

A good couple of thousand will be united fans in the home area. Guaranteed.

At least that number. I know about 50 Man Utd fans that are going and who are not in the away end
I sit next to a (brummie) Man Utd fan at work. He asked if I could get him a ticket, and I refused. I also said that if I see him in the Holte End, I'll point him out to everyone :D (he's since decided to watch it at home)
  • Like 3

We used to have players like Andy Gray....who would turn form on its head.

we haven't got character, belief or spirit anymore.

Don't think it's got much to do with form. We're not even in that bad form (although admittedly United are in great form) - United have an immense psychological advantage. There's no other explanation for it. Why have we been able to get a few decent results against all the other top teams over the years except United (barring that one game in 2009)?

Oh and then there's the huge gulf in quality between the two sides.

Edited by Mantis

Everything points to a win

Wayne Rooney has scored more Premier League goals against Aston Villa than he has versus any other opponent (12).

Aston Villa have won just one of the last 37 Premier League games against Man Utd (W1 D9 L27), including losing the last seven in a row.

The last time Aston Villa beat Manchester United at Villa Park in the Premier League (August 19 1995), midfielder Jack Grealish wasn’t even born.

Robin van Persie has scored five goals in his last five Premier League games against Villa.

Marouane Fellaini as scored more goals against Aston Villa (four) than versus any other opponent in the Premier League.

The Villans have not won any of the last 18 Premier League home games against the Red Devils (D6 L12). Only Sunderland at home to Liverpool (20 games between 1959 and 2002) have recorded a longer run without a home win against a specific opponent in English league history.

Manchester United have scored at least three goals in each of their last five Premier League games against Villa.

The Red Devils have won more points from their last six Premier League games than any other side (18).

Aston Villa have lost a league-high eight points from goals scored in the final 15 minutes of Premier League matches this season.

Manchester United have won 103 Premier League points against Aston Villa – more than any other side have managed against the Villans.

This will be the game the commentators will all be saying Man U have turned the corner and look like real title contenders!!

They're third in the table, having lost one of their last 10 including winning 6 of their last 7 (and the last 5 in a row)

The commentators have been saying they've turned that corner for a while!

As for this game, I expect us to lose 2-1, having been 1-0 up, with a last minute goal. Probably from Macheda, somehow.

Rooney has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Nolan has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Lampard has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Gerrard has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Lescott has scored more against villa then any other side

Rooney has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Nolan has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Lampard has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Gerrard has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Lescott has scored more against villa then any other side

I've also read man u have got more points from villa than any other team.

I've also read man u have got more points from villa than any other team.

All of those are simply the result of us being the worst of the few teams who have always been in the Premier League (when records began). 

• Like 1