Pre-Match Thread

Bunnski

Rooney has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Nolan has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Lampard has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Gerrard has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Lescott has scored more against villa then any other side

I've also read man u have got more points from villa than any other team.
Whilst it is true and embarrassing, it's because we've been ever-present in the league whilat others haven't. But still it's a bad stat to have (for us).

Rooney has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Nolan has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Lampard has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Gerrard has scored more against Villa then any other side, just like Lescott has scored more against villa then any other side

All of those are simply the result of us being the worst of the few teams who have always been in the Premier League (when records began). 

Pretty much.

At first when you see these stats you think "typical Villa" etc but the real reason is pretty mundane.

Speaking of funny stats, did Luis Suarez ever score against us once?

Edited by Mantis

*than
  • Like 1

All of those are simply the result of us being the worst of the few teams who have always been in the Premier League (when records began). 

Pretty much.

At first when you see these stats you think "typical Villa" etc but the real reason is pretty mundane.

Unfortunately the rat got a close range header to draw with us under McLeish, not his finest goal ever though.

Longest unbeaten run in away games than at any club in their history

Edited by Richard

Drop Guzan and give the kids a chance, or go with the best team available.

Guzan

Lowton Okore Clark Cissokho

Agbonlahor Bacuna Sanchez Delph Weimann

Benteke

Why on earth would we drop Guzan?

Guzan

Benteke

I'd assume that was an error seeing as he included Guzan in his XI.

Guzan

Benteke

I'd assume that was an error seeing as he included Guzan in his XI.
I think he was being serious...

I'm having visions of it now.. Ashley Young hat trick. And after the 3rd (which was a penalty he dived to win) he struts over to the Holte, kisses his badge and moons the crowd to show a tattoo that says "**** YOU".

Not only does he not get a yellow for this, but the Holte End receives a yellow for provoking him.

Pretty much.

Unfortunately the rat got a close range header to draw with us under McLeish, not his finest goal ever though.

Lol @ 'the Rat' didn't he dive for the penalty last year too? Think Gerrard scored it though.