Pre-Match Thread

Bunnski

looks like its going to be a big crowd saturday despite our problems. well done to the villa faithful even though we know we will lose as always do

About time they turned up again after the 27k against Leicester and 25k the game before that.

It's Christmas and it's Manure!

looks like its going to be a big crowd saturday despite our problems. well done to the villa faithful even though we know we will lose as always do

About time they turned up again after the 27k against Leicester and 25k the game before that.

It's Christmas and it's Manure!

Hopefully is isn't the 27k that turned up against Leicester and 15 thousand strangers in red scarves.

Wow a lot of pessimistic fans on this thread ha! Doesn't look good for my accumulator which has a villa win in it. I think we could be surprised, no pressure, no expectation and hopefully a chance for a few players who deserve a go. Id play the following:

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Cissokho

Okore

Sanchez Delph

Wiemann Agbonlohor

Grealish

Benteke

Back to Brian Little's favoured formation for me:

----------------------Guzan---------------------------

-------Okore---------Vlaar---------Clark------------

Bacuna------------------------------------Cissokho

-------------Sanchez-------Delph-------------------

---------------------Grealish-------------------------

-----------Benteke----------Agbonlahor-----------

With Delph and Sanchez not allowed over the halfway line.

This is exactly what I came on here to post. (the team and the Brian Little part.)

• Like 2

Back to Brian Little's favoured formation for me:

----------------------Guzan---------------------------

-------Okore---------Vlaar---------Clark------------

Bacuna------------------------------------Cissokho

-------------Sanchez-------Delph-------------------

---------------------Grealish-------------------------

-----------Benteke----------Agbonlahor-----------

With Delph and Sanchez not allowed over the halfway line.

This is exactly what I came on here to post. (the team and the Brian Little part.)

I was going to suggest exactly that but Lowton on the right and Bacuna in behind the strikers, Grealish on the bench.

• Like 1

Wow a lot of pessimistic fans on this thread ha! Doesn't look good for my accumulator which has a villa win in it. I think we could be surprised, no pressure, no expectation and hopefully a chance for a few players who deserve a go. Id play the following:

Guzan

Okore

Sanchez Delph

Wiemann Agbonlohor

Grealish

Benteke

You might win your accumulator if we were allowed to field 12 players ;)

Guzan

Okore

Sanchez Delph

Wiemann Agbonlohor

Grealish

Benteke

If they play Fellaini it's as good as 12 men! That fella gives the ball away more than Sanchez! If they both play in the middle of the park 45 minutes of the game will be those two passing back and forth!

• Like 1

Guzan

Okore

Sanchez Delph

Wiemann Agbonlohor

Grealish

Benteke

with 13 a draw

14 for the win :rolleyes:

United back 4 possibly will be Valencia/Evans/Rojo/Young, Surely we must test and cause that problems

The problem with that is there's plenty of pace so Gabby could easily be marked out of this game if he's played down the wing. I'd prefer Smalling in there who Benteke destroyed for one of the goals the other year.

Antionio Valencia is one of those players who always has amazing games against us. Remember when Bouma had that great season for us. Valencia came with Wigan at the end of that season and destroyed Bouma and scored two goals.

He started the decline of Warnock here in the Carling Cup final and took the mick out of Luna last season in what was one of his final games for us as we signed Bertrand soon after.

PL said another kid will join Grealish and Robinson on the bench. BMail thinks its Cowans or Calder. Anyone seen them play? Is Cowans related to the great Cowans himself? Is he a winger?