Pre-Match Thread

Bunnski

We are playing them at the wrong time but there is never a good time for us to play them these days. I think we might as well have a go at them because we will not keep a clean sheet no matter how negative or deep we may try to play.

I can see Lambert playing 5 at the back. I honestly think he'll put out this:

Guzan

Okore  Vlaar  Clark

Lowton                       Cissokho

Sanchez     Delph

Gabby                     Weimann

Benteke

It won't be pretty, especially with the amount of players that we have out. If Cole was back, that would be great, but that's the line up I can see us having, possibly with the formation slightly tweaked. We always seem to let United trample over us, so I suspect that the same will happen this time around.

• Like 1

---------------------Guzan------------------------

--Lowton-----Okore----Clark---Cissokho-----

---------------Sanchez---Delph------------------

--------------------N'Zogbia-----------------------

------Weimann------------------Agbonlahor---

-------------------Benteke-------------------------

Guaranteed defeat. Doesn't matter what kind of form we're in or what kind of form they're in - they have an immense psychological advantage, not to mention far more quality. We've lost already. Let's just get this out of the way and focus on fixtures that are actually remotely winnable.

Obviously I hope the players don't take that attitude but it's impossible for me to get excited about this in any way.

Edited by Mantis

Oh on the quiet the players are resigned to it aswell.

There's only 4 games I write off each season....Man. United at home, the two away games in Manchester which messes up the GD and Chelsea away (although that fixture occasionaly is a pleasant surprise). Suppose I should add Spurs to that list as we have a shocking record against them under Lambert.

Says it all about the menality that I'm already writing this off as 1-3 defeat. I never think that about Man. City, Arsenal or Liverpool at home even though with the latter two we're equally as hopeless at beating those two at VP. Probably because they feel tighter games each season and we generally get good results in the away games.

It has to be 3/5 at the back. Our only area of quality and relative depth right now is CB. Man U's strength is their attack. It's only logical. Taking advantage of our best available players also counters the best part of their team. Plus, with Hutton out we need the extra help in defense. The big question is whether the wingbacks get pinned back or actually have a chance to get forward. If they're allowed/expected/able to get forward we can't have Gabby, Benteke and Weimann as a front three as that would leave an abundance of width with little crossing ability. Of course, if the wingbacks get pinned back, Gabby and Weimann would end up having to come deep and Benteke would be isolated up front. It settled then, Gabby and Weimann can't both play.

Guzan

Okore Vlaar Clark

Lowton/Bacuna Cissokho

Sanchez

Grealish Delph

Andi/Zog

Benteke

-------------------------Goose------------------------

Hutton---------Vlaar--------Okore------Cissokho

------------------Sanchez-----Delph-------------------

Grealish----------------N'Zogbia-----------Agbonlahor

--------------------------Benteke-------------------------------

Bosnich
Charles
Southgate
Ehiogu
McGrath
Wright
Taylor
Draper
Townsend
Milosevic
York

3-1 Villa.

The best thing about the wba game at the weekend was hearing two lads talking in the pub. 

One said 'If i could bring back two players to get us out the shite it would be  Ehiogu & Baros"

I pretended to lmfao at a text message. 

• Like 1

Bosnich
Charles
Southgate
Ehiogu
McGrath
Wright
Taylor
Draper
Townsend
Milosevic
York

3-1 Villa.

The best thing about the wba game at the weekend was hearing two lads talking in the pub. 

One said 'If i could bring back two players to get us out the shite it would be  Ehiogu & Baros"

I pretended to lmfao at a text message. 

To be fair i would have laughed at Baros , i think Ugo was better than any of the current centrebacks

Even when United were at their absolute worse under Moyes we handed them the easiest of victories.

Even if we do play well they out score us.

There is an obligatory decision that goes against us, the obligatory Rooney goal and all the biased commentary and officiating.

i can't stomach watching this

I think we'll go down fighting.  We'll take the lead as we always do against them.

Last time we beat these at home in the league, the Spice Girls weren't even formed.  Ridiculous!

They were actually. The Spice Girls were formed in 1994 and we last beat United at home in August 1995. 

If we actually had a go at them we might have a chance of getting a draw but Lambert will sit back and try to hit them on the counter and we'll get destroyed. 

100% this.

• Like 2