• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Glad to see Bacuna and Grealish on the pitch

don't think anyone played badly.

we will do far worse against better teams but i'll take it

We're just driving back from the game now. Chuffed with the win, though we sat back too much when they had 10 men. Up to eleventh I hear! :D I too was glad to see Bacuna get a game. I think he gets unfairly criticised for being poor technically, however, he's no worse than Gabby and has a better eye for a pass and shot (as well as being our best free kick taker).

Bacuna did really well when he came on, played his part with some key passes and his usual athleticism. He's a really good squad player. 

I maintain we have a decent squad here. When we set out to play football like we did today I'm a happy chap, the three points always help too. 

Ill save my reservations for the relevant thread! Nice one, up The Villa.

• Like 1

A good win, we dominated and maybe should have made it more comfortable. Hutton, Okore and Clark excellent, plus good performances from Gabby, Sanchez and Cleverly.

The ref let too much go and the game looked like it might boil over, hopefully Westwood isn't as bad as he looked, but there were a few where they left a foot in. He seemed very keen to card ours and less keen to card theirs. I was a fair way away from the Hutton one, so I'm not sure what happened, it looked like he fouled him then stood over him shouting something, then there's a bit of a ruck, I'm guessing he's either sent him off for the the ruck or he's spat on him. I had a feeling Hutton would go too.

Better though, and the Albion to come, unbeaten in five and with a little bit more confidence.

Oh, and if you're the Leicester fans that were in the box in the Lower Witton giving it the big un after they scored and at the final whistle, I hope you enjoy the Championship next year - arseholes.

I don't think Zog was that bad, he draws players to him but his decision making is lacking, but i think if he started some games consecutively he would improve.

Weimann would have probably done well today had he played as I imagine Lambert would have let him spend more time attacking than defending

• Like 1

I have to say I LOVE our defence. 

I've slated Clark for many years but last few games he's been amazing.  Lambert simply cannot drop our current partnership of Okore and Clark. 

Don't shoot me but I secretly wouldnt mind Vlaar leaving in Jan. 

Sanchez improves game by game.  I hope Westwood isn't out for too long.  Not sure if im bothered about Cleverly staying... think the money could be spent elsewhere. 

N'Zogbia and Richardson I dont have much time for. 

Gabby has been great and Benteke (PLEASE KEEP HIM). 
I'd also like to see Grealish and Robinson play more.... oh and Bacuna! 

ON THE UP UP THE VILLA!

• Like 1

A good win, we dominated and maybe should have made it more comfortable. Hutton, Okore and Clark excellent, plus good performances from Gabby, Sanchez and Cleverly.

The ref let too much go and the game looked like it might boil over, hopefully Westwood isn't as bad as he looked, but there were a few where they left a foot in. He seemed very keen to card ours and less keen to card theirs. I was a fair way away from the Hutton one, so I'm not sure what happened, it looked like he fouled him then stood over him shouting something, then there's a bit of a ruck, I'm guessing he's either sent him off for the the ruck or he's spat on him. I had a feeling Hutton would go too.

Better though, and the Albion to come, unbeaten in five and with a little bit more confidence.

Oh, and if you're the Leicester fans that were in the box in the Lower Witton giving it the big un after they scored and at the final whistle, I hope you enjoy the Championship next year - arseholes.

I initially thought that he spat on him. I only saw the replay once, and it was hard to see, but it did seem to reaffirm that he could very well have done so.

Edited by Chewie

Well deserved win. Difficult to choose a man of the match today. I am going to give it to Okore, closely followed by Hutton, Clark.

Gabby actually done what he does best. Terrific run snd pass to Tekkers who found Hutton with a sublime pass.

I thought it was a bit harsh with the sending off. Two yellows would have been the correct call IMO. Having said yhat, I thought Vardy should have walked. Good to see 'super Mark' get a good ovation from the Holte. Grealish had a 30 mins or so. Please dont bring Weimann back yet!

Thought all played well first half especially, not sure what game the ref or the dug out side lines man were watching the both made some very strange decisions.  Thought Sanquez (I know pore spelling)  and Clark both had storming games. 

Good to get back to back wins. A bit shaky at times but the injury to Westwood didn't help. Benteke should have wrapped the game up sooner, but he looks very sharp. Okore and Clark were excellent. I like Okore's composure on the ball. Hutton took his chance brilliantly. Nzog and Richardson looked poor to me. Grealish had an effect when he came on. Wonder if Robinson would have come on if we hadn't gone 2-1 up. 

Leicester are the poorest side we have met though in my opinion. 

My lads first game was a good one. We had some lovely moves but also gave the ball away cheaply.

Okore needs to improve passing but boy he loves a last ditch tackle.

Hutton did well to get down the flank and worked hard. He's turned his career around.

Cissoko wow how crap can a player be? Really really Bad. Seeing him in the flesh at left back made me realise how slow he is and he couldn't beat an egg.

Clarks challenge on their 23 (who I guess injured Westwood) absolutely owned him. Almost a foul as he went through him. Beast of a tackle.

We should have buried it three times near the end so we deserved the win.

They are going down.

Â