• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Good win and good performance apart from last 10 minutes.

Hutton my MOM. What a goal ! Clark, Okore, Sanchez and Benteke all played well, though Benteke should have taken very good chances.

Nzogbia was useless, Cleverly too much square or backward passing, Guzan too much hoofing, especially when we should have been holding possession towards the end against 10 men. Where is his brain?

Grealish deserves more game time, confident and wants the ball - good attempt on goal, too.

11th now, can we build on this.

One thing about Grealish: why does he give the ball to a team-mate a couple yards away when he could just continue with the ball himself? I've seen him do it several times now. The obvious answer is that he is so young and lets the senior player make the decisions. But is it really so, I don't know. He may just need more games and feel part of the first team, be one of them instead of a fill-in?

Good win and good performance apart from last 10 minutes.

Hutton my MOM. What a goal ! Clark, Okore, Sanchez and Benteke all played well, though Benteke should have taken very good chances.

Nzogbia was useless, Cleverly too much square or backward passing, Guzan too much hoofing, especially when we should have been holding possession towards the end against 10 men. Where is his brain?

Grealish deserves more game time, confident and wants the ball - good attempt on goal, too.

11th now, can we build on this.

One thing about Grealish: why does he give the ball to a team-mate a couple yards away when he could just continue with the ball himself? I've seen him do it several times now. The obvious answer is that he is so young and lets the senior player make the decisions. But is it really so, I don't know. He may just need more games and feel part of the first team, be one of them instead of a fill-in?

I noticed that, probably because they are in a little more space and a better angle/position to pass from. Instead of attempting to take a player on and getting stuck in possession he just taps it across. That was my theory anyway because other times he played the ball himself, especially as the game went on he seemed to get more confident. 

Watched on sky's repeat just, thought so at the time now I'm convinced, the ref has given each player a yellow for the coming together after and then also another yellow for the foul

Not sure I've ever seen that happen before, certainly never seen a ref give 2 yellows so quickly after each other, it's a strange one but the right decision IMO

Would be really easy to explain after too if only he was allowed to talk

Watched on sky's repeat just, thought so at the time now I'm convinced, the ref has given each player a yellow for the coming together after and then also another yellow for the foul

Not sure I've ever seen that happen before, certainly never seen a ref give 2 yellows so quickly after each other, it's a strange one but the right decision IMO

Would be really easy to explain after too if only he was allowed to talk

It was a straight red?

Yeah I know, I think the ref has added the whole incident together to come to that red though, there isn't a red card offence in there (unless it's for the heads coming together but that's a red to each player)

The only other thing he could have done is booked him twice one after another, which I'm sure has never been done before

Yes, and I tell you something, it is the best piece of officiating we have seen in the premier league in a very long time in my book!

Spot on also for how he let the game flow and enjoyable to witness.

As for the team. Brilliant. Happy generally with how we played and top marks to Lambo for the tactics too. Well deserved 3 pts.

:flag:

It depends on his report really, the ref I mean. Konchesky definitely earned 2 yellows for the tackle then the afters, but that's just a 1 match ban. The straight red would indicate it might be violent conduct, in which case it's 3 games.

Hope they go down ow, any team with Paul Konchesky and Jamie Vardy in it deserves every bit of misery that's coming to it.  2 horrible characters.

A decent performance and a good win against the worst side in the league.  Nice to see some passing and creating some good goal scoring chances in games. Leicester cannot defend and thankfully Villa can. A very pleasant feeling seeing the Villa win at home, which sadly has been a rare treat for us in recent seasons. 3 game in a row we have had more possession than the opposition and now 5 unbeaten. Roy who? Turned the corner? We shall see. There most be at least 3 worst teams than Villa in the league though- almost certainly Leceister and Burnley will be going down. Hutton and Clark had excellent games and everyone worked hard for the team.

Just a shame that we had 15,000 empty seats today. Hopefully the fans will start coming back if we keep on winning. When you get a full Villa Park right on song backing the Villa, there is little better in English football.

That is all.

Thank you!

Sorry for being so late. In future I think I'll have to get somebody to post the GIF in my absence if we happen to win while I'm at the game/not able to get to a computer. ;)

In all seriousness, I'm pleased with that performance. Can't be arsed to comment on every one but these would be my ratings:

Guzan: 8 - unlucky with the goal a little bit and kept us in it at 1-1

Cissokho: 8

Clark: 8

Okore: 8

Hutton: 9

Sanchez: 8

Westwood: 8 - shame about the injury, would give Richardson a 6

Cleverley: 7 - Grealish looked lively, 7

N'Zogbia - 5

Gabby - 7

Benteke - 8

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Good result, some good play, still of the opinion Lambert needs to go.  Took me a long time and assessment to move into the Lambert out camp and even in the dark days I was still pro but on the balance of games and one good result against bottom of the table I'm a happy man today but still think time for Lambert to leave.

• Like 1

After the 1 in 10 maybe Lamberts new song could be 2 out of 3 ain't bad?

Pleased to get the win, never liked Leicester fans, team or place so I hope they go back to where they belong.

Again MoM for me was Hutton, I can't believe I wrote that but it's well deserved.

I still don't trust Lambert and would prefer if he were to leave but credit where it's due having won the last 2 games he finally might have something to build on.

Â