• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Okore needs to improve passing but boy he loves a last ditch tackle.

Okore had 87.7% pass accuracy today. He does need to improve a little to match Clark's 95.6% accuracy, though. :D

Okore needs to improve passing? I'm actually blown away by that. He's a proper footballer, his range of passing is superb.

Weird.

Completely agree. There were several occasions where I was thinking "Don't hoof it, hutton is right there"

And he did neither. He executed a 20-30 yard pass to a midfielder or benteke. On the carpet, not hoofed.

Lovely to see.

That combined with his little right to left shimmy that he did on a few occasions shows he's a pretty composed player. Very excited about him.

• Like 1

Much needed win. There are definitely some positives to be taken from that, more so than in the last few games. We should have won much more comfortably, and actually played some nice stuff at points. I hope Westwood is okay though, these injuries are really taking the pee now.

I shudder to think what would hae happened to the team had we lost that game - but as it happens, they put in a pretty good performance and we actually saw some proper attacking football. The move for the winning goal especially was sex on a stick. Very happy for Alan Hutton to get his goal - I think he is becoming a good resource for us down that right hand side, so good on him. I'd previously not been a large fan of his (that tackle in the dying seconds of a home game against Arsenal during Eck's season for example), but I have moved on with my thoughts. Well done that man.

Big disappointment for me was the number of times Benteke was offside, but I guess after such a lay off, he is still working towards full match fitness.

Great free kick from Westwood for our first goal and a header well taken. I think if Kasper had been Peter, then Peter (being bigger?) may just have got his hands to it. That said, I think Kasper really kept them in the game.

Big three points, and seven points in three games. Much, much better. Keep it up now and bugger the baggies with a fish fork...

MOTM - Gabby (for that run that culminated in Hutton's goal - sry)

Ref - good (it really could have boiled over much worse)

Lamberts Tactics - good (I was happy with the performance, and the way we played)

It's odd to me how the red card has been rescinded, how was his reaction in any way different to what Benteke did against Spurs? Also on the same day that Fabianski had his red card upheld for taking out a forward that handled the ball past him.

Big disappointment for me was the number of times Benteke was offside, but I guess after such a lay off, he is still working towards full match fitness.

He was caught offside a lot, but he was expecting first-time passes that he wasn't getting. There was one instance where Cleverley took an extra one, maybe two touches before putting through a nice ball, but by that time CB had already started his run early. What I loved about this was Benteke turned back to Cleverley and just held up one finger, to say "first time." But he didn't stomp around and shout and give Cleverley a bollocking, which is what he did a lot of the time last season. Some of it is getting used to new teammates.

The cushioned header was just reminiscent of some of the best centre forwards we have had.

Andy Gray, Peter withe, Keith Leonard, Andy Lochead, Dwight Yorke, Gerry Hitchens, would all have been proud of that.

think Dave Simmons would have fancied it too.

How come Fabianski only gets a one-match ban, while Benteke got 3? Both got straight red.

Racism.

Hahaha... no. Found out. Violent conduct, 3 games.  Goal scoring opportunity, 1 game.

Calm down.

How come Fabianski only gets a one-match ban, while Benteke got 3? Both got straight red.

Racism.

Hahaha... no. Found out. Violent conduct, 3 games.  Goal scoring opportunity, 1 game.

Calm down.

Why?

Â