January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

The best thing about Lambert potentially signing? 

If he scores at a decent rate this overused notion of Benteke is "great but starved of service" argument will lose a lot of credibility. 

Fact of the matter is: Lambert works hard and AFAIK always seems interested. Right now, that's a MASSIVE upgrade over Benteke.

We'd be looking for Lambert to come in, replace Benteke and do a better job. I don't see that as our priority, I'd much rather see the money spent elsewhere.

We need some kind of incremental improvement. We need at least 1 center forward prepared to put a decent shift in and chip in with at least the odd goal.

I'd love to see the money better spent, but it's transfer deadline day. What else are you realistically hoping happens? Would you rather nobody?

Than Lambert? Yes. It'd allow for the players we have that I believe are better than him to play.

What I'd really like is for us to get a wide player in - we're desperately short in that area.

I don't think they are better than him and I think the evidence for that is vast. Benteke should be better than him yes, but he is currently so far off that form it's almost laughable if I didn't care.

Sinclair is a wide player. Yes we could probably do with another, but if they're not available we do nothing?

Even if it were £5m pissed up the wall, on a 2 year deal it's not like the bad old days.

All moot though, IMO.

Good! Hopefully that interest ended when this £5m thing was mentioned.

I wouldn't be against him on a free - I think he'll be playing Championship football next season. [insert your own gag about us being perfect for him here.]

We'd be perfect for him then.

Am I doing this right??

• Like 1