January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

The MK Dons manager has said they would be open to offers but would like Dele Alli loaned back for the rest of the season. That could suit us and he could take Cleverleys place in the squad next season.

Quoted fee is £4m. I definitely think we should be looking at him for that price, he's only 18, has bags of potential and is already one of the best players in his league ( if not the best ) . No brainer for me!

Cassano is available on a free and is better than all our strikers combined at this point in time. 

Yeah he's risolved the contract issues with Parma, looks like he'll get back pay they owe him. However wherever he has gone, including Madrid, he has moved his mom to cook local Bari/Pugliese cuisine for him, he always speaks the dialect of Bari (which is an incomprehensible series of unrelated sounds) when he can over italian. He's a top, top lad, but he will want to go home now I think to Bari.

He would not fit in here as he has always said he hates training and tries to avoid it wherever possible. I doubt that's the kind of attitude Lambert wants around the place. If it were me though I'd have him in a heartbeat for 3 months, even if he didn't train, play him behind Weimann and Benteke and give him the freedom of Villa Park.

• Like 3

Cassano is available on a free and is better than all our strikers combined at this point in time. 

Yeah he's risolved the contract issues with Parma, looks like he'll get back pay they owe him. However wherever he has gone, including Madrid, he has moved his mom to cook local Bari/Pugliese cuisine for him, he always speaks the dialect of Bari (which is an incomprehensible series of unrelated sounds) when he can over italian. He's a top, top lad, but he will want to go home now I think to Bari.

He would not fit in here as he has always said he hates training and tries to avoid it wherever possible. I doubt that's the kind of attitude Lambert wants around the place. If it were me though I'd have him in a heartbeat for 3 months, even if he didn't train, play him behind Weimann and Benteke and give him the freedom of Villa Park.

He sounds like an absolute tosser if that's true.  Wouldn't want him near Villa Park.

He sounds like an absolute tosser if that's true.  Wouldn't want him near Villa Park.

Wasn't my intention to make him out to be a tosser, he's one of my faves of his generation easy. You mean the training thing?

Wasn't this the same Cassano who, whilst at Real Madrid, spent his evenings in a hotel room eating pastries and sleeping with hookers? Definitely a character.

HAhah, yeah that was in his homesick phase at the start, then things picked up a bit with Capello but they were just never going to get on. He should never have gone, he's such a funny dude though so would be a shame to change him but if he had Ronaldo or Messi's work ethic he'd have been one of the best of all time IMO.