January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

What we desperately need is a player with real quality in wide positions, who can play for the team but also as an individual and know the balance between the two. Someone with real creative ability, who can beat a player and can deliver a consistently good ball.

Townsend really isn't that player, in fact I think he has been one of if not the most over rated player in the league.

What we need is a player like Ashley Young but they don't come cheap in fee's or wage's and I'm not sure we've got the money for either but I live in hope.

Just using him as an example Glfyi Sigurdsson move back to Swansea for I think 7m (Ben Davies and Vorm moved to Spurs so the overall fee was never revealed). Spurs actually signed him for 8.8m the first time.

He was never moving here but if players of that quality are moving for that amount why would it be impossible when we were ready to spunk 8m and whatever else in wages on Cleverley on August 31st?

My fear is that Lambert just prefers workhouses in midfield and thinks that by whatever means they can get the ball forward to the front trio then everything is fine with the world.

It's not fine when we barely win 5 home games a season.

• Like 1

Although I do think he might be worth a punt, I don't really rate Salah that much.

Living in Switzerland I watched him play a lot for Basel and thought he looked like Gabby 2.0

He has bags of pace but touch lets him down on numerous occasions. He cant blast the ball, neither can he finish 1 on 1s very well. I always felt he looked nervous in front of goal, same as gabby. Crossing nothing special.

I also remember him to be quite one dimensional. He mostly runs at the defence and gets sucessfully jockeyed out to the right corner flag.

Overrated in my opinion.

(i know most commas are wrong but they feel right to me as a german speaker) :D

I always thought he played well for Basle in the champions league and europa games...against some very good teams aswell.

If he's available he's worth a punt on loan imo.

If we have The Rock in CDM alongside Westwood and we perhaps get in a CAM do we need Delph? Use Delph money and leave Cleverley at United, bring in an attacking mid and a Winger? Leaves our midfield potentially a bit shallow though unfortunately. 

Linked with Fulham's Lasse Vigen Christensen (Danish) to replace Delph. Looks like a very good prospect judging from YouTube clips.

Some clips

Even if those are the only two goals he's scored for Fulham it shows he's got a lot of balls and talent. Nice. Big step the prem though. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see us bring in someone like Denis Praet, Marcel Sabitzer, Jordan Veretout, or someone similiar; but I think outside of those three young talented creative offensive minded players are not going to be in our budget. 

A loan of Joel Campbell I think would also work very well I think he could do well in Weiman's position. Also next year I'd look into the possibility of purchasing someone like Rocky Van Wolfswinkel who I feel still has a lot to show in British Football. 

Don't disagree with that sne.An Eriksson, or someone of that ilk is the kind of player we need.

If Joe Cole can last for 6 months, then we could bring in a player, and bed him in, otherwise it might be worth considering a Rosicky kind of player.

Well Rosicky is not playing at Arsenal much and he is still a good player...Make it happen lambert. I'll immediately buy his shirt

Linked with Fulham's Lasse Vigen Christensen (Danish) to replace Delph. Looks like a very good prospect judging from YouTube clips.

I remember getting excited watching youtube clips of Tonev. They can make anyone look good.

Still, gotta be better than anything we have atm. Worth a shot if relatively cheap.

Every window we always say the same thing - creative midfielder please Paul. You'd think this close to Christmas if one of us put a CAM on our lists surely one of us has been good enough to get it!

What we desperately need is a player with real quality in wide positions, who can play for the team but also as an individual and know the balance between the two. Someone with real creative ability, who can beat a player and can deliver a consistently good ball.

Townsend really isn't that player, in fact I think he has been one of if not the most over rated player in the league.

What we need is a player like Ashley Young but they don't come cheap in fee's or wage's and I'm not sure we've got the money for either but I live in hope.

Just using him as an example Glfyi Sigurdsson move back to Swansea for I think 7m (Ben Davies and Vorm moved to Spurs so the overall fee was never revealed). Spurs actually signed him for 8.8m the first time.

He was never moving here but if players of that quality are moving for that amount why would it be impossible when we were ready to spunk 8m and whatever else in wages on Cleverley on August 31st?

My fear is that Lambert just prefers workhouses in midfield and thinks that by whatever means they can get the ball forward to the front trio then everything is fine with the world.

It's not fine when we barely win 5 home games a season.

...but Glyfi is an exception to the rule. There is not a club or a fan of a team that was below Tottenham that wouldn't have loved to have signed him in the summer. I know I certainly would have but that kind of move and player for that price is an absolute rarity. We have had one or two ( Benteke and Okore) but we can't get them all :)

Christensen is decent, 5 goals and 5 assists for Fulham this season, he plays/played with Okore for the Danish U21 side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlXIxCk0qlM

Full game vs Russia U21 can be seen above if anybody is bored and wants to watch him play, wears the number 8 shirt. His first goal is at around 10 minutes into the video.

I'd definitely like to see us loan a striker in January. Neither Gabby or Weimann can be trusted to fill Benteke's boots should he get injured. Kozak will come back at some point but will need time. I really don't think we should run the risk of Benteke getting injured and having no goal threat for the second half of the season.