Overrated Movies

maqroll

Mr Turner. Supposed to be Tim Spall's masterpiece. Instead it's two and a half hours of a bloke grunting.

I thought it was superb. Although I concede that Spall possibly overacted.

• 7 years later...

I liked all three of Wide Eyes Shut, The Shining, and Barry Lyndon very much, so might like Dr Strange Love, and 2001: A Space Odyssey better now, can't actually remember much about either, so maybe I wasn't paying enough attention back then.

Just scrolled through this thread, not seen much of a mention for the three LOTR films.

Admittedly it’s been 15+ years since I watched them, and I know there are good aspects to them. I accept that they are landmark films.

But they’re still overrated.

And yes I know I am most likely to be banished to Mordor. Or if that’s too lenient, that small heath forum. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

On 21/11/2014 at 18:31, MakemineVanilla said:

Rochelle, Rochelle

I'm sorry @MakemineVanilla that I'm *quick finger count* 7+ years late appreciating this.

Pray tell, what didn't you enjoy about "one young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk"?

• Like 2

I have finished computing.  In conclusion:

Everyone who said Boondock Saints, congratulations; a truly irredeemable piece of shit that I have no idea how it can hold any status in the cinematic pantheon, let alone the supposed "cult" one it allegedly enjoys. Were memory-erasure technology developed tomorrow, the time I spent having watched Boondock Saints would be second on my purge-list only to that photo I found of my Mum when I went scrabbling around in my Dad's bedside cabinet to find his stash of Merlin Premier League 94/95 sticker packets.

Everyone who said Alien; please give up on film now.  Honestly, it's not for you.  I don't care how much of a clearing in the woods that makes me sound like (and I am quite experienced in such an endeavour), if anything I'm actually doing you a favour, for your own sake your time could be better spent.  Find another hobby.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â