Overrated Movies

maqroll

I thought Rushmore was crap too.

Although I think Wes Anderson's movies as a whole would be on my list. I never really seem to get them.

I genuinely think Fantastic Mr Fox is his best film.

Fantastic Mr. Fox is... Fantastic. :thumb:

A special note for Watchmen as although it wasn't really critically acclaimed there seemed to be a groundswell of fanboys who were prepared to overlook what was a pretty dire film because of their love for the graphic novel.

i think watchmen, the supposedly unfilmable comic, that they were going to do a terrible job of and ruin absolutely everything, was nowhere near as bad as it could have been and ended up being an ok film, and for that reason its celebrated 

Been mostly avoiding this thread, as I knew there would be a lot of shouts I don't agree with. Some I totally do though. Here are a couple that I'm not sure have been mentioned...

E.T.

Jurassic Park

The Truman Show

• Like 1

Okay Peter, chill out ;)

Jurassic Park, though. Really? I'm surprised at that. That is one film I would not have expected to make it into this thread at all.

I just found it very dull. Went to the cinema to see it back in the day, I don't think I've bothered watching it again, certainly not all the way through. 

• Like 1

Drive - "Gosling"

Inception

Both lived off hype from the media and film cheerleaders.

I was expecting something amazing from both but they are just about OK. Already forgotten by most I suspect into the mists of mediocrity.

Nope. Neither.

Boondock Saints

can see what you mean a lot of my Swedish friends seem to declare this as the greatest movie ever  :ph34r:

not sure what it tells you :P

That most swedes are clueless

i was trying to be nice but yeah ;)

Â