Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Expected scores for our remaining games

Sunderland 0.7 - 0.3 Villa (so 0-0 most likely)

Villa 0.5 - 0.8 Swansea (0-0)

Man Utd 1.5 - 0.3 Villa (1-0)

Spurs 1.5 - 0.5 Villa (1-0)

Villa 1.1 - 0.7 QPR (1-0)

Man City 2.0 - 0.3 Villa (2-0)

Villa 0.7 - 0.9 Everton (0-0)

Villa 0.6 - 1.0 West Ham (0-1)

Soton 1.6 - 0.3 Villa (1-0)

Villa 1.0 - 0.5 Burnley (1-0)

So I'd have us on about 34 points most likely. When you look at the run-ins for the clubs below us, it's hard to see them hitting 34 points (Burnley's next few games are diabolical: they could well still be on 22 points with 6 remaining).

Have a funny feeling we're going to beat the Hammers but draw with Burnley.
If anything I can guaranteee that we'll see a lot of unexpected results along the way. Beauty and horror of football that is.
  • Like 3

IMO all we need to do is beat Sunderland, QPR and Burnley. Those are the 3 must win games for me. If we can sneak some results in-between them (a win against Everton?) all the better, but 35 points will be enough to stay up this year.

"All we need to do" - If picking up three wins had been so easy and straight forward we'd be fighting the top three, not the bottom three.

I love the optimism in the wake of Tuesday's win, but a speck of perspective shows we struggle to win games, so winning three is not going to be straightforward.

Don't football forums seem sometimes like a continuous cycle of Optimism/Optimism-Mitigation/Pessimism/Pessimism-Mitigation ad infinitum?

• Like 4

IMO all we need to do is beat Sunderland, QPR and Burnley. Those are the 3 must win games for me. If we can sneak some results in-between them (a win against Everton?) all the better, but 35 points will be enough to stay up this year.

"All we need to do" - If picking up three wins had been so easy and straight forward we'd be fighting the top three, not the bottom three.

I love the optimism in the wake of Tuesday's win, but a speck of perspective shows we struggle to win games, so winning three is not going to be straightforward.

Don't football forums seem sometimes like a continuous cycle of Optimism/Optimism-Mitigation/Pessimism/Pessimism-Mitigation ad infinitum?
Yep - apparently we weren't going to win another game prior to Tuesday and definitely down and out too! Just love VT and forums

Yep - apparently we weren't going to win another game prior to Tuesday and definitely down and out too! Just love VT and forums

Yeah but it's not the same people saying each of those things

• Like 1

FIXED: Don't football forums seem sometimes like a continuous cycle of Optimism/Optimism-Mitigation/Pessimism/Pessimism-Mitigation ad infinitum WITH THE OCCASIONAL PIPING UP OF THE INTEGRITY POLICE?  :P  B)  :D 

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

FIXED: Don't football forums seem sometimes like a continuous cycle of Optimism/Optimism-Mitigation/Pessimism/Pessimism-Mitigation ad infinitum WITH THE OCCASIONAL PIPING UP OF THE INTEGRITY POLICE?  :P  B)  :D 

Tha'ts great and all, but I was taking about navzfc's post

• Like 1

Yep midtable clubs start thinking about the beach late March. Wigan used to pick up loads of these points towards the end of the season.

problem is we have played two teams on the beach and lost in Stoke and Newcastle :(

• Like 1

Yep midtable clubs start thinking about the beach late March. Wigan used to pick up loads of these points towards the end of the season.

problem is we have played two teams on the beach and lost in Stoke and Newcastle :(

Despite the opinion that the season was basically over before Tuesday night there are still 10 games to go.

Ah United should have lost to Newcastle the last night, denied a stone wall pen & DDG made loads of saves few other keepers in the world would.

Stoke convincingly beat Everton at home.

Actually wanting Spurs to win a football match just dosen't sit right with me. Wouldn't surprise me if they f&&& up at QPR.

I think qpr will win toda and we will be back in the bottom 3, not to fussed about it tbh, we showed on Tuesday we have the bottle now to win games

QPR won't win. Have you watched them lately under Chris Ramsey??

I've not seen them but apparently, (according to media!) they did well against Arsenal and should shouldve had points against Hull. Have you seen them play?

Spurs are very lucky though. They've been sluggish - possibly the effects of playing the same side three times in six days. They need to massively up their game in the second-half if they are to hold on to the result.

Edited by Isa